Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EPHEMERAL QUALITY OF BORSCHT  (Read 16303 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE EPHEMERAL QUALITY OF BORSCHT
« Reply #180 on: June 02, 2010, 10:42:03 PM »

PAGE SEVEN DANCE!!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2010, 10:53:27 PM »

Or maybe I'll just continue my story about "Little Mikey Barnum" and the Spirits of Bollywood Past and Present. ;)

So, culled from past posts, this is what I have so far...

...And those dolls were made in India by former bodybuilders... As they burned, the spirits of those bodybuilders were carried into the air by the smoke.  Unbeknownst to little Mikey Barnum, as he breathed in some of that smoke, it would plant a seed in him that would begin to germinate many, many years later...

...And as little Mikey sat there in front of the fireplace curled up in a ball, his head between his knees, his tears now co-mingling with the grass stains on his dungarees, he looked up for a last second, and through tear-strewn eyes he watched those last remnants, those last embers of Raggedy Ann and Andy flicker and glow in the fireplace.  All the while, that gray, mysterious and magical smoke filled the air, and eventually filtered into his lungs with each sobbing breath he took.

And from that day forward, Little Mikey Barnum was no longer "Little".  Nor was he "Mikey".  In fact, he was no more.

The prophecy had been fulfilled as it were.  That magical, mystical smoke that Little Mikey had breathed deep into his lungs as a child, was suddenly exhaled.  And in that puff of smoke, a whole new life began.  A whole new world was born and discovered.  A whole new land of people.

John Abraham.  Tusshar Kapoor.  Milind Soman.  Dino Morea.  Arjun Rampal.  Amisha Patel.  Mahima Choudhury.  Ritesh Deshmukh.  Mallika Sherawat.  Kareena Kapoor.  Sameera Reddy.  Hrithik Roshan.  Shah Rukh Khan.  Priyanka Chopra.  Katrina Kaif.  Akshaye Khanna...

And as those last keystrokes transported him into the ether, into yet another world, he felt no fear, no anxiety.  Even his kurta felt as though as if it fit better.  As if it had become a second skin.

He was Home.

To be continued... ???
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2010, 10:56:38 PM »

Well, my niece and I picked up my aunt from the airport and there were no slow-downs on the freeway at all...either going to or coming from the airport.  That was nice.  We were originally going to leave Olympia at about 10:00 am, but I wanted to get something to eat, so I got something before I picked up my niece.  We ended up leaving Olympia at about 10:25 or so and stopped at one place so that she could go to the bathroom and got to the airport at about 11:45.  We parked and evidently the plane landed early because my aunt was already waiting at the baggage claim.  We only had to wait about five minutes before the luggage from her flight arrived and we were on our way!  Talk about timing! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #183 on: June 02, 2010, 10:59:41 PM »

We brought my aunt to my parents' house where she'll be staying.  We ate and talked and played a couple of games of Phase 10 and ate dessert.  Then I came home and watched tonight's episode of "America's Got Talent."  Now, I want to watch "Doctor Who." :)

George

« Reply #184 on: June 02, 2010, 11:18:05 PM »

And here is my treat for you tonight.  Dancers Over Forty is an organization in NY - they do panels and evenings honoring various and sundried composers.  A few weeks ago they did one honoring Michael Bennett.  Here is part one of seventeen parts - watch them and be thrilled, be moved, laugh, cry - it's what I just did for the last three hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDYxqZN8BoU&feature=related

This is wonderful!  What's weird though, part #2 is not in high def, where all the other parts are. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up