Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAISON D'ETRE  (Read 12668 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: RAISON D'ETRE
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2010, 09:25:57 PM »

And the big news Post-wise:  I was officially notified today that I will be furloughed one day a month, ten out of the next twelve months.  The first furlough day is July 12.

How do you feel about this?

If it keeps some of my fellow employees from being laid off; I can live with it.  Besides, I like Top Ramen.
Great attitude. I wish more businesses would use the model. But then many of those same businesses are likely to expect the same 40 hours of work whether they pay you for it or not. At least that's my experience with newspapers.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2010, 09:26:18 PM »

Page Six Top Ramen dance!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »

Thanks, Ginny and Cilla

John G.

« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »

I'm very tired today and glad our guests are gone. 

Wednesday we enjoyed a day of wine tasting in the Applegate Valley area.  It was a pretty day for a drive & Sherlock could go with us.  The first place we stopped at was a small winery with a very nice owner who invited Sherlock into the vineyards to play with his dog.  The dog's job was to chase away all unwanted animals & rodents who ventured inside the fence.  Visiting dogs were welcome.  At our last stop for the day we met a couple who had been to the first winery & had heard all about our wonderful dog. :)
Sounds like a great day.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »

I got a little missive in the mail today that could cause Kritzerland a good deal of trouble - all thanks to that pathetic individual who lives to cause harm to other labels than his own.  I have to have a conversation with someone on Monday and that will tell me how it will play out - I'm sure it will be fine, but boy is it annoying, and boy could it cause harm depending on which way it all goes - harm being monetary harm.  We'll survive but this cretin needs to burn in hell for stirring up trouble - unnecessary trouble. 
Vibes for a peaceful end for this unnecessary trouble.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2010, 10:11:30 PM »

Vibes indeed.

I'm just sitting here like a piece of whitefish, listening to music from Kurosawa's The Bad Sleep Well. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up