Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHIP CRACK AWAY  (Read 15683 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: WHIP CRACK AWAY
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2010, 09:21:27 AM »

PAGE THREE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2010, 09:23:54 AM »

I have taken my walk, posted one letter and one package, stopped at a bakery for a slice of chocolate cake for tonight, browsed at Westsider Records and purchased 3 used CDs, stopped at artie's fro some matzoh ball soup and potato salad, and now I am home. I'm going no further today unless some enticing call can lure me out. Since no one's phoned me in a week, I think I'll be staying home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2010, 09:25:40 AM »

I have taken my walk, posted one letter and one package, stopped at a bakery for a slice of chocolate cake for tonight, browsed at Westsider Records and purchased 3 used CDs, stopped at artie's fro some matzoh ball soup and potato salad, and now I am home. I'm going no further today unless some enticing call can lure me out. Since no one's phoned me in a week, I think I'll be staying home.

M-m-m-m-m-m-m!  Potato Salad.  Does Artie's make good potato salad?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2010, 09:27:06 AM »

I'm going no further today unless some enticing call can lure me out. Since no one's phoned me in a week, I think I'll be staying home.

If MBarnum and I threaten to call your place today, will that be enough of an incentive for you to go out?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2010, 09:51:06 AM »

M-m-m-m-m-m-m!  Potato Salad.  Does Artie's make good potato salad?

Yep. Not as good as Mom's but she only made it when she wasn't crazy, so it was a rare occasion.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2010, 09:51:35 AM »

I'm going no further today unless some enticing call can lure me out. Since no one's phoned me in a week, I think I'll be staying home.

If MBarnum and I threaten to call your place today, will that be enough of an incentive for you to go out?

I'm out the door. There must be a film I want to see. MARMADUKE, perhaps.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2010, 10:08:21 AM »

I'm out the door. There must be a film I want to see. MARMADUKE, perhaps.

Or perhaps that frightening new horror film; THE HOUSEGUEST ON THE BALCONY?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2010, 10:13:10 AM »

Wow!  I scared everyone away, except for one guest.  Hello, Guest, do I know you?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »

So sad, being all alone in the world.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2010, 10:15:30 AM »

I did it!  I scared away a guest!
“One thing’s universal,

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2010, 10:23:09 AM »

TOD

And Now Dino on The Piano

And The Song Of The Day Is:

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2010, 10:42:17 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - got a really good night's sleep and slept till ten (then again, I didn't go to bed till after two).  I now must do some errands and whatnot, and then I'll have the rest of the day to relax before leaving for Orange County at five.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2010, 10:49:50 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - got a really good night's sleep and slept till ten (then again, I didn't go to bed till after two).  I now must do some errands and whatnot, and then I'll have the rest of the day to relax before leaving for Orange County at five.

When do you PROMISE to announce the next CD?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2010, 10:59:29 AM »

Tonight at midnight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2010, 11:00:26 AM »

I'm hoping this will do really well - it's so hard to tell with the show releases and this HAS been out twice before, although, as I point out NOT the original mix of the Grammy winning LP.  So, there are two firsts in this release.

td

• td
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2010, 11:24:43 AM »

Yesterday, I had some correspondence from a certain composer who goes by their 3 initials (not ALW) asking me to stop trading his "stuff" on a certain file trading site I belong to as it wasn't "cool". 

Ah!  Is he married to a Jessica?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

FJL

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2010, 11:25:22 AM »

TCB - Did I really not foist this one upon you about Stritch?

Now that all is well, this can be shared, with explanatory annotations - Stritch in Night Music: list of her agent's requests :) -Be a "fly on the wall" for last week's (parody) summit meeting!

"JUST A FEW MORE DETAILS" - EXCLUSIVE AUDIO as STRITCH'S (SLIGHTLY OUT-OF-DATE) AGENTS COMICALLY CONVEY A LIST OF NEEDS TO THE "NIGHT MUSIC" PRODUCERS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgev_fewvlQ

Elaine Stritch's list of needs (set to a bit of Stritch-itative, musicalized by us, from a Stritch comedy bit by royboy on All that Chat) had been conveyed by her agents to the "Night Music" producers last week, and since all is now worked out, here's a peek if you're interested, annotated to reflect the (gently ribbing) spirit in which this is conveyed here.  Seems her agents' list of demands are a little outdated, but they do rhyme.  The producers were not near the microphone, but their interjections are on the screen!

Coverage you won't see on CNN!   Thanks if you have time to watch - very silly, but sent with joy that ALNM is going on!

td

• td
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2010, 11:25:48 AM »

Irony is, it's possible I'll be meeting said composer in the next month as he's coming to do a workshop with our older kids from this camp I'm working at this summer (I'm working with another group) as they are doing his newer "kid" show that has a number for a title.

Does the number in the title follow TWELVE?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2010, 11:42:44 AM »

TCB - Did I really not foist this one upon you about Stritch?

Now that all is well, this can be shared, with explanatory annotations - Stritch in Night Music: list of her agent's requests :) -Be a "fly on the wall" for last week's (parody) summit meeting!

"JUST A FEW MORE DETAILS" - EXCLUSIVE AUDIO as STRITCH'S (SLIGHTLY OUT-OF-DATE) AGENTS COMICALLY CONVEY A LIST OF NEEDS TO THE "NIGHT MUSIC" PRODUCERS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgev_fewvlQ

Elaine Stritch's list of needs (set to a bit of Stritch-itative, musicalized by us, from a Stritch comedy bit by royboy on All that Chat) had been conveyed by her agents to the "Night Music" producers last week, and since all is now worked out, here's a peek if you're interested, annotated to reflect the (gently ribbing) spirit in which this is conveyed here.  Seems her agents' list of demands are a little outdated, but they do rhyme.  The producers were not near the microphone, but their interjections are on the screen!

Coverage you won't see on CNN!   Thanks if you have time to watch - very silly, but sent with joy that ALNM is going on!

Very cute, Fred!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2010, 11:51:00 AM »

Hi, Ben!  Does Ant have any shows lined up this summer?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2010, 12:09:20 PM »

Tonight at midnight.

Max Preeo just announced it on Cast Recording List and I ordered it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2010, 12:10:47 PM »

Hi, Ben!  Does Ant have any shows lined up this summer?

I'm not DR Ben, but I do know that Anthony is in rehearsal for THE FANTASTICKS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2010, 12:14:54 PM »

Should I just announce it now?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »

Okay, here it is (and I'll put it in the start of tomorrow's notes, too).  You know the drill - it's a 2CD set at a 1CD price - 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping, paid directly to paypal using our paypal address of kritzerland at adelphia dot net.

KRITZERLAND IS PROUD TO PRESENT A VERY SPECIAL 2 CD RELEASE:

PROMISES, PROMISES
Original Cast Album
Music by Burt Bacharach  Lyrics by Hal David

On December 1, 1968, Promises, Promises, the musical version of Billy Wilder and I.A.L. Diamond’s The Apartment, opened at the Shubert and took Broadway by storm.   The show was such a breath of fresh air, with its hilarious book by Neil Simon, and pop-sounding and brilliant score by Burt Bacharach and Hal David.  When that overture began, you knew the sound of Broadway had just changed forever – it was electric in the best way.  The show garnered rave reviews and ran 1,281 performances.  The show was nominated for seven Tony Awards, including Best Musical, and took home the prize for Jerry Orbach (Best Actor) and Marian Mercer (Best Supporting Actress).

One of the reasons the sound of the show seemed so innovative was that Bacharach brought in Broadway’s first recording-type mixing board.  Also his use of four pit singers doing back-up vocals was unique.  The show’s orchestrations were by the young up-and-coming Jonathan Tunick, who honored the Bacharach sound while adding a few wonderful touches of his own.  The cast recording won a Grammy, and the show produced several hit songs, including two for Dionne Warwick – “I’ll Never Fall In Love Again,” and “Promises, Promises” (she also recorded “Knowing When To Leave,” “Wanting Things” and “Whoever You Are”).  Bacharach himself covered five of the songs on his A&M album Make It Easy On Yourself.
This is the third CD release for the original cast recording of Promises, Promises.   The first was issued on Ryko, and then that release was reissued by Varese Sarabande.  Why a third release?  Simple: neither of those releases were the actual cast album as released on LP – the original mix.  Ryko remixed the album from the original eight-track edited session masters and that newly mixed album was also used for the Varese release.  So, this is actually the first appearance of the Grammy award-winning original album mix – newly remastered, of course.  The two-track album masters were in excellent shape.

But the raison d’etre of this release was to present a second CD with a newly mixed version (from those original and great-sounding eight-track edited session masters) that, with today’s technology, could finally fix most of the issues that plagued the original cast album.  As most know, cast albums were always recorded in one day (it’s still the same today, but there are a few shows that go to two and even three days), and the pressure was always on to get everything finished without going into overtime, and then to mix it quickly (frequently in a day or two) and have it in stores instantly.  Compromises sometimes had to be made.  And so, there have always been pitch issues with some of the vocals – they simply got it as good as they could get it and out it came.  We went in, and, without compromising anything but the actual pitchiness, corrected the faulty pitches throughout.  We were also able to take our time with the mix and you’ll hear things in the orchestration you’ve never heard, and even an occasional little vocal thing that was left off the original album (listen to “You’ll Think of Someone”).  So, it’s a whole new listening experience, and one we’re especially happy to have been able to do.  We’ve also put the tracks in their correct show order for the first time.

It is the greatest of pleasures to be able to present this special edition two CD set of Promises, Promises – the original Grammy award-winning album, and our fresh and newly remixed version in show order, with the vocals sounding like they never have before.  With the brand new revival of the show on Broadway, you won’t want to miss this limited edition set of the original cast recording sounding like it never has before, and featuring the great performances of Jerry Orbach, Jill O’Hara, Marian Mercer, and the rest of the wonderful cast.
This release is limited to 1000 copies only.   For this special 2 CD set we’ve kept the price at our usual single disc cost of $19.98 plus shipping.

CD will ship by the first week of August – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2010, 12:40:08 PM »

Hi.   Or should I say Howdy since I also seem to live in horse country.  Everyone here seems to have horses.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2010, 12:42:02 PM »

Errands done, car wash done, car cover on for the weekend done.   Massive things to do in yard and inside unpacking and sorting projects not done.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2010, 12:43:16 PM »

Must now listen to   The Boy and the Pirates.

Promises Promises ordered.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2010, 12:43:25 PM »

DR George, thank you for the delightful parcel in today's post!

Sam

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2010, 12:44:15 PM »

Fast.    Trying to find more time to turn on the computer.   And sit for a hour or so.

Sam

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »

Have a wonderful Saturday afternoon and evening everyone. ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up