Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HEARTBREAK OF PSORIASIS  (Read 21922 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE HEARTBREAK OF PSORIASIS
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2010, 11:23:51 PM »

Btw, re: my being the one to mention that the President would be speaking last night.

Well most of the tv we watch her is on US networks. And it was in my tv's guide. So i thought maybe not everybody checks their updated guide. So i thought i'd mention it.

I know i had Hell's Kitchen scheduled to record from 8-10pm. And then my PVR just switched it to 8:15-10:15pm and knocked off my 10pm show. Although i noticed this earlier so i was able to fix it.

Here on the left coast, it was not tape delayed, so it didn't interfere with the prime time shows. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2010, 11:33:05 PM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR George's mother and to DR Cillaliz's father!

Thanks, Ginny!  Tonight, the family came over to my place and we had various foodstuffs.  I bought a couple of pizzas from Costco, my sister and niece had calzones from a local place called Vic's Pizzeria and my sister's boyfriend got a sub sandwich from Subway.  My sister also brought over a vegan peach cobbler and it was wonderful!  I forgot to take a picture of the glazed cement bench that we got for mom's birthday, but she loved it. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »

I'm cleaning out my inbox and found this funny email from a singer.  I may have posted it here before:

Before  a gig,  the bandleader calls the girl  singer over to him and  tells  her, "Tonight, when we do 'Night and Day,' I want you to sing  the  second verse first, and then break into the bridge one bar earlier than usual. Transpose the bridge up a minor third, but then back  down  again for the last three bars of it. Then add a 5/4 bar going  back into the FIRST chorus, singing on only off-beats. During the  sax solo, go to the bridge a bar-and-a-HALF too early, interrupting  the solo, finish the first verse, go to the coda a bar late, and  then keep  singing for a full 3 beats after the band has  ended."
    Her eyes widen and she says, "That's  way  too hard, I can't do all that."

He says, "Why not?  You did it last night!!"

JMK, you have posted this before...but it's still very funny!

George

« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2010, 11:34:34 PM »

Speaking of pronunciation, did anyone think Catherine Zeta-Jones sang, "Send in the cRowns," at one point during her number on the Tonys?

George swears she sang "Isn't it wretch..."

der Brucer

She did, I tell ya!

George

« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2010, 11:39:30 PM »

It appears that maybe the mother angle has worked - we'll see by the end of tomorrow evening.  Fingers crossed.

~~~Vibes for a Successful Invoice Recovery!!~~~

George

« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2010, 11:45:41 PM »

Speaking of invoices...for the first time at work, we are finally able to pay invoices on the new computer system and tomorrow (Thursday) is the last day to do that for this month.  I had to leave early yesterday and today, so I couldn't work as long as I should have but I can stay for the duration tomorrow.  This also means that I need to get to sleep early tonight, so I'm going to go to bed now. 

Good night, all guests.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up