Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE KEY TO THE NOTES  (Read 86504 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE KEY TO THE NOTES
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2004, 03:36:26 PM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]40,000+ Posts!![/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Congratulations One and All!![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2004, 03:36:36 PM »

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2004, 03:37:16 PM »

Congratulations, Dear BK, and thank you for sponsoring the swellest on-line salon in all of internetdom!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2004, 03:37:28 PM »

It's Liz Callaway's fault I found this site!  I was helping her last autumn get a symphony concert together, and she mentioned Bruce's site.  I had no idea our BK had done this, since we hadn't worked together since I turned down Brent Barrett's Lerner album (another loooong story!) and we'd lost touch.  Being nosey, I looked up the HHW site and I believe I sent Dear Friend BK a congratulatory note.  This is how I learned about BENJAMIN KRITZER, which I ordered from Barnes and Noble.  We occasionally communicated by email.  I sent him a holiday greeting, he asked me to do an interview, I did, and now this has become my favorite place to be.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2004, 03:37:55 PM »

Oh, and I totally forgot to mention:

Soon we will be the most popular site on all the Internet.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2004, 03:38:22 PM »

I need a cigarette

And I refrained from any inuendo regarding my mistimed "almost there" remark. Should've known you'd pick up the slack, Elmoore. ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2004, 03:38:28 PM »

PARTAY!!!
(My "almost there" already was, but who cares...)

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]40,000!  40,000!  40,000!  40,000!  40,000![/move]

DR Panni, wherever you are, it's a gala event!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2004, 03:39:30 PM »

Oh, and I totally forgot to mention:

Soon we will be the most popular site on all the Internet.

It isn't already?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2004, 03:40:08 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2004, 03:41:33 PM »

Welcome eleven GUESTS.  The GUESTS are multiplying.  Come on, you KNOW you want to come in and say hello and congrats, you KNOW you do.  

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2004, 03:41:56 PM »

Break out the Diet Coke!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2004, 03:42:07 PM »

Let's see - if I had to guess who TWO of our GUESTS were, I'd guess...  I'd guess...  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2004, 03:42:44 PM »

Well, that got rid of one of them.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

Where the hell are all the other DRs logged on right now!  I kept waiting for them to take some of my posting frenzy.  DR Jed,  you have got to have photos from this show on this site.  Promise us that!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2004, 03:44:35 PM »

Jrand....MOLLY BEE!  Gee, I haven't heard that name in forever.  Wasn't she a blonde country singer?  The main thing I connect her name to is a movie called THE CHARTROOSE CABOOSE...a movie I've never seen.

George

« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2004, 03:45:13 PM »

I had to delete my last post.  I need a blue background.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 03:46:01 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jed

« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2004, 03:45:15 PM »

How did I find HHW?  Well, I'd been a loyal reader of the Real A over at the sondheim.com board since 1998.  I later found BK's inimitable (though goodness knows we've tried) writing style at some record label or other.  I just happened to stumble upon a link to this here site sometime in November 2001, just a week or two after the wonderful zaniness of HHW began.

Of course, we all know what good times we've had here.  I never imagined that I'd be a regular reader (let alone poster) to an internet group, but the folks around here are just so great you can't help yourself!  Made many friends through this site, none of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting yet, but I shall!  Heck, I've even found a father! :D  I've actually come to think of many of the HHW denizens as basically aunts, uncles, and cousins (with the exception of a few females whom I will claim no relation to in case I ever get to meet them ;)).

Thanks to BK for providing this cyberhome for us, and thanks to all my fellow H/K's for keeping things just grand.  Here's to 50,000!!!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2004, 03:46:25 PM »

Dear Friend BK and DRs George and Panni, I envy your ease with the computer.  I love all the party atmosphere you're creating.  I'm lucky to get the smilies to dance, and even that's pretty shoddy!

George

« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2004, 03:46:51 PM »

PARTY!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 03:50:26 PM by George »

George

« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2004, 03:51:05 PM »

and:

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2004, 03:52:44 PM »

Just how many Perry Mason shows did Leslie Parrish do?  There was another on just now - gorgeous beyond belief she was.  And there's another on in a day or two - that's three they've shown this month.

I only recall her being in that one with Dorothy Neumann and Marie Windsor.

I do know that she pops up in some of the Warner Bros. detective shows now and again. If I happen to tape any I will let you know.

Did DR Kerry ever send you that Leslie Parrish episode of Surfside 6?

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2004, 03:56:48 PM »

I found this site, as I have mentioned previously, as a link on the BroadwayStars website many moons ago (oooh, a MARY Rodgers reference!).  I had also been a regular reader on Mr. Mark Bakalor's site at the time....and the synergy between the two first intrigued, then delighted me.  This must have been, oh, at least 4 years ago, as I recall reading HHW when I was still at CAMI.

As some of you may have caught on, I mentioned this site to my dear brother Jay, who I thought would also delight in the soigne tones and general subject matter of this forum.  So, of course, he is now the HHW GOd, and I am just a Jr. Member.

But through three job changes and a move to Rochester since I found you, and being E&T for a good chunk of time, due to the above, I felt several months ago that I was ready to -- as Mrs. Dolly Gallagher Levi so aptly puts it -- "rejoin the human race."

So congratulations, dear BK, on reaching 40,000.  You don't look a day over 39,999.

And as long as I am quoting, or paraphrasing in this case, please remember:  147 (number of members) goes into 40,000 more than 40,000 goes into 147.

Mazel Tov!

Tomovoz

« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2004, 03:57:08 PM »

I just left for a short while (breakfast etc) and I return to such celebrations. Congratulations to us all.
I too arrived via the "Real A" route. It just took me a while longer to track down BK (eventually thought Mr Barkalot) as for some reason my attempts through another site (questions etc) were met with no response at all.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2004, 03:57:14 PM »

Well, I should probably wrap things up and head off for the theater!  Gotta run the chorus through a bit of last-minute review on a couple numbers and such before the show.  Will surely let all y'all know how it goes.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2004, 03:59:15 PM »

Yes it is a gala day.....and a gal a day should be enough for any man.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2004, 04:00:37 PM »

Congarats on 40,000 posts! Wow!

I found this sight, as I have mentioned before, after being referred to it by DR JRand53 and DR Susan (aka DenMother).

....and it is such a wonderful place and so many people have educated me about theater...I have even retained some of that knowledge! And if it weren't for this sight I would have never discovered the joys of Bollywood (and my credit card bills would also be much, much lower).

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2004, 04:00:41 PM »

Well, I should probably wrap things up and head off for the theater!  Gotta run the chorus through a bit of last-minute review on a couple numbers and such before the show.  Will surely let all y'all know how it goes.

Merde, Dear Reader Jed.  Merde.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Emily

« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2004, 04:03:11 PM »

Huzzah!  Hooray!  40000 is quite the landmark!!!  :D

Jed - your CoE story made me burst out laughing as I surreptiously logged in this morning from the office.  I had to suddenly close screens and pretend that I found data entry to be hilarious ;)

I'm off to watch the Habs get (almost certainly) eliminated from the playoffs by none other than the TAMPA BAY Lightning.  Something is just WRONG about that sentence, isn't it?  Sigh.  
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

George

« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2004, 04:08:37 PM »

I found This Site that has static and animated gifs.  The balloon and "Party" gifs came from that site.  (There is a message asking not to link images directly to the site, to download them first, that's why I had to modify my previous post.)  Anyway, one that is particularly cool is this one (even though it's a little late...and it needs a dark background to look better):
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 04:08:57 PM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »

No, Kerry has not sent me Surfside Six.  Perhaps he's still reading Kritzer Time, which he began about six or seven weeks ago.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up