Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BERSERK  (Read 38414 times)

Cillaliz

Re: BERSERK
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2010, 02:43:10 PM »

Here we go

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2010, 02:44:56 PM »

DR Elmore - glad to hear you're on the road to recovery before you have to be on the road to Ohio!

Now playing at a theatre near you:

THE ROAD TO RECOVERY

with Bob Hope, Bing Crosby and Larry Lamore

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2010, 02:51:19 PM »

One of my least favorite stupid thrillers is Jagged Edge - but there was a whole slew of 'em in the 1980s.

Mine too!  And believe it or not, I was hired to write JAGGED EDGE II.  I kept resisting...courtroom dramas, while I like them, I can't write.  But more importantly, my problem with the movie was Glenn Close's character; I just found her unprofessional.  First, falling apart because she'd screwed up a case in the past; and then getting emotionally involved with a client. 

But they kept coming at me to write the sequel, dangling Glenn Close, a  major star at me  (and very nice), and when I asked for impossible money; they agreed.  Hardest thing I ever wrote, took forever to find my passion and interest in the piece, finally did, and my whole thrust was her character finding her professionalism again.  Unfortunately, though I ultimately liked my script, I think I was more enamoured of the new characters I had created than the Close's.  Needless to say, after a draft, we all mutually agreed to go our seperate ways.  And that's why you never saw Jagged Edge II.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2010, 02:51:53 PM »

BK, Promises, Promises package arrived.  Mucho thanks!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2010, 03:00:35 PM »

One of my least favorite stupid thrillers is Jagged Edge - but there was a whole slew of 'em in the 1980s.

Mine too!  And believe it or not, I was hired to write JAGGED EDGE II.  I kept resisting...courtroom dramas, while I like them, I can't write.  But more importantly, my problem with the movie was Glenn Close's character; I just found her unprofessional.  First, falling apart because she'd screwed up a case in the past; and then getting emotionally involved with a client. 

But they kept coming at me to write the sequel, dangling Glenn Close, a  major star at me  (and very nice), and when I asked for impossible money; they agreed.  Hardest thing I ever wrote, took forever to find my passion and interest in the piece, finally did, and my whole thrust was her character finding her professionalism again.  Unfortunately, though I ultimately liked my script, I think I was more enamoured of the new characters I had created than the Close's.  Needless to say, after a draft, we all mutually agreed to go our seperate ways.  And that's why you never saw Jagged Edge II.

Wasn't one version of the sequel made into a movie (forget the title) with Burt Reynolds?

They changed all of the character's names, so it was not really a sequel.

As I recall, it got terrible reviews and was quickly forgotten.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2010, 03:01:46 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I'm so sorry to hear about the family drama.  Life's so short and these kinds of things are just not worth it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2010, 03:10:55 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I'm so sorry to hear about the family drama.  Life's so short and these kinds of things are just not worth it.

Thanks Ginny.  I don't usually get this angry about things, but my parents are in their 80s and because of this all the holiday plans ended up being cancelled.  As my mom said "I don't know how many I have left".  I actually told my brother off.  I'm not sure I've ever done that before.   I was very excited about Sam coming to visit and was really looking forward to it.  I don't think it will happen now, and that's probably for the best.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »

If Samantha won't visit you maybe she will make an extra visit to your mother.  I'm very sorry you are going through this.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2010, 03:29:42 PM »

I've now watched 8 epsodes pf ELI STONE season one and i am enjoying much of it. I have no idea where it's going, because I kind of like letting the episodes happen without knowing too much that's coming down the pike. I do wonder, though, how much Berlanti and co. are staying on their original scheme for the series.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2010, 04:03:35 PM »

Had a nice time visiting with my buddy Mark who is visiting from Wyoming. He is now on his way back home. I wish he would move back to Oregon, but I don't think that will happen until his parents pass on. One of the reasons he moved back home to Wyoming was because of them. Mark lost both a brother and a sister over the last few years, and thought it best to go back and keep an eye on the rest of his family.

However, he and his partner of 7 years broke up and now he is a man on the prowl. He had me snap some photos of him so that he could lure men on the internet. Here he is, all 6 ft 4 inches of backwoods hillbilly.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »

He had me snap some photos of him so that he could lure men on the internet. Here he is, all 6 ft 4 inches of backwoods hillbilly.

::cue the straight girls' chorus::

What a waste!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

FJL

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »

Jane - I'm stepping into what you're saying about Tylenol.

My doctor is recommending that i take Aleve (sp?) every day.  This scares me for some reason.  But I'm not exactly sure I can explain it rationally to anyone's s satisfaction.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2010, 05:27:55 PM »

DR FJL - You've been missed around here!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »

Post modified. :)

But I'm being very careful how I say this:

There will clearly be an issue, though, over collecting unemployment.  My former bosses OR their lawyers seem to be getting, well, creative. 

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 07:01:09 PM by FJL »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2010, 05:36:20 PM »

You'd think this was a Saturday on a holiday weekend.  This will NOT do.  Now, get me off this damn page.

FJL

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2010, 05:36:21 PM »

Thanks, Ginny!

FJL

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2010, 05:36:47 PM »

Is it Patti page?

FJL

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2010, 05:38:34 PM »

BK - We didn't get our PROMISES PROMISES yet.  Was it sent out?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2010, 05:39:07 PM »

Back home for a moment.  Even though her sister and I both told her to go nowhere near the computer, somehow the sister managed to unplug the power strip, so I had to plug it back in and start everything up again.

How annoying!

Carmelita no touch records!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2010, 05:40:09 PM »

I doubt that I would have seen it anyway, DR CP.

td

• td
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2010, 05:41:01 PM »

6'4" is just the right height for this 6'2" individual. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2010, 05:41:14 PM »

DR MBARNUM - Mark should consider a move to Indiana.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »

MR BK if  Mr Jack Larson is in attendance tomorrow at the do.....and you are so inclined...you might ask him if he ever crossed paths with Miss Allison Hayes.....reading the SUPERMAN book recently....Flights of Fantasy.....he mentioned that his agent was one Jack Pomeroy....who also for quite sometime represented.....said Miss Hayes.

FJL

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2010, 05:45:25 PM »

Did I miss discussion of Barbara Eden's anticipated memoirs?

FJL

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »

Or are they not really anticipated?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2010, 05:49:37 PM »

A Barbara Eden memoir?  What would that be like, I wonder?

FJL

« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2010, 05:50:33 PM »

BERSERK DO SOLEIL - Has Cirque du Soleil used that one yet?

FJL

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2010, 05:51:25 PM »

Jrand - lots of bouts with the (genie) bottle

FJL

« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2010, 05:54:57 PM »

FJL

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »

Is it page 4 yet?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up