Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BERSERK  (Read 38413 times)

FJL

Re: BERSERK
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2010, 05:58:06 PM »

How about now?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2010, 06:00:08 PM »

"I think I'll just hold my nose and jump in," says Miss Eden......in DR FJL's link.

I feel the same way about a lot of celebrity "autobiographies."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2010, 06:13:49 PM »

Jane - I'm stepping into what you're saying about Tylenol.

My doctor is recommending that i take Aleve (sp?) every day.  This scares me for some reason.  But I'm not exactly sure I can explain it rationally to anyone's s satisfaction.

Every day?  Be careful you don't mess up your stomach.  I can't tolerate it.  I believe you can now get the enteric- coated ones.  I suggest you read up on ways to protect yourself.  Vibes it works!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »

Due to the elections in Mexico this weekend.  The law is there is no alcohol served in public from 1:00pm until tomorrow evening.  This excludes restaurants when served with food.  Therefore, no swim up bar, no lobby bar, etc etc.  Personally, I don't care, but to watch others (mostly Americans) pitch a fit is humorous to me.   Do they not realize they are guests in someone else's country and therefore must abide by their rules?   The resort may cater to Americans, however, they still try and uphold the traditions of their country.  The sense of entitlement of Americans saddens me.  I'm going to win the lottery and move to Europe.

You wouldn't like it.  Most of those people over there are too damn lazy to learn Englsih!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2010, 06:17:23 PM »

No posts in over an hour?

Skammen!

JMK is in Wisconsin.

Even JMK doesn't drive that fast.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2010, 06:19:51 PM »

I haven't been posting about day-to-day stuff because it is clear that one of the computer-oriented people is googling me regularly. I'm doing the usual stuff about theater, posting parodies, but nothing that spills into issues that might interest them.

But I'm being very careful how I say this:

:( and VIBES EVERYTHING WORKS OUT!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »

Had a nice time visiting with my buddy Mark who is visiting from Wyoming. He is now on his way back home. I wish he would move back to Oregon, but I don't think that will happen until his parents pass on. One of the reasons he moved back home to Wyoming was because of them. Mark lost both a brother and a sister over the last few years, and thought it best to go back and keep an eye on the rest of his family.

However, he and his partner of 7 years broke up and now he is a man on the prowl. He had me snap some photos of him so that he could lure men on the internet. Here he is, all 6 ft 4 inches of backwoods hillbilly.

Mike, he is almost as good-looking as you.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2010, 06:36:22 PM »

PROMISES were kept in Tacoma today.  I can't wait to hear it.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2010, 06:56:59 PM »

Tomorrow a couple of my friends are going on a trip to Canada, including Montreal.   Had it not been for my accident I would have gone with them.  These women often travel without their husbands and I've never been tempted to join them.  This is a trip Keith has no interest in visiting having been to these places more than once.  I've yet to see Montreal and that part of Canada.

Michael

« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2010, 08:07:20 PM »

Tomorrow a couple of my friends are going on a trip to Canada, including Montreal.   Had it not been for my accident I would have gone with them.  These women often travel without their husbands and I've never been tempted to join them.  This is a trip Keith has no interest in visiting having been to these places more than once.  I've yet to see Montreal and that part of Canada.

You would love especially now with all that goes during the summer
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »

Surfing the tv wasteland. Caught Dolly Parton singing with Kenny Rodgers. For a moment I thought he had gone blind. Then I realized his facelifts give him two little slits where his eye used to be.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2010, 08:16:31 PM »

It happens.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2010, 08:16:58 PM »

I am going to watch the Movin' On Special with Nancy Sinatra from 1967

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2010, 08:50:29 PM »

Hello from lovely (no, I really mean it) Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.  The hotel's internet is down (of course), so we are at something called Hastings, I guess the local Borders clone.

We had a nice, uneventful drive with glorious weather, but I'm rather stiff.  Tomorrow we have a somewhat longer day as we wend our way to Big Timber, MT.

BK, some guy named Scott (from the A&M Board) whom I helped to place an order for Promises is bitching over there about his jewel cases being smashed.  I posted that I felt you would be more than happy to replace them for him (he ordered two copies and they were both evidently cracked/broken), but he's upset that your Kritzerland emails seem to bounce (though I've told him they don't).  Just FYI.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2010, 09:20:18 PM »

BK - We didn't get our PROMISES PROMISES yet.  Was it sent out?

Yes, it was sent out - as I guess I have to keep reminding - we have no control over the USPS - sad, but true.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »

Back from a nlce dinner.  I see that today is the day we reach our new low plateau.  Congrats to all who helped.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2010, 09:26:41 PM »

Yes, Scott wrote me.  I just don't understand people having problem sending us e-mails via Kritzerland.  What they do is cut and paste the address into their browser, and if they do that the e-mails will always bounce back because all the addresses on the site are phantom addresses that all get forwarded to our gmail address.  Why they can't just do as instructed and CLICK THE LINK on the page is beyond me, but we've now revamped those pages and the addresses are gone and only a clickable link remains, so we'll never have the problem again.  I gave Scott a couple of options - we'll see which he chooses.  But "bitching" about it - please.  We use the sturdiest CD shippers made - that's all we can do.  If the USPS decides to drop a few heavy packages on top of one, that's not our fault, and I'm quite sure that's what happens. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2010, 09:27:34 PM »

Yep, new all-time low thanks to the errant and truant - and, of course, I'm not so happy about it.  We haven't had a four page day in, what, six years???  Nauseating.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2010, 09:27:48 PM »

But many thanks to those who bother to keep the flame alive.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2010, 09:28:52 PM »

I'd say get me off this damn page, but since there's no chance of that happening I think I'll just go eat some worms.  And blame JMK.  And you know who.  I do find it fascinating that so many here respond to you-know-who's Facebook ramblings.  No wonder he never comes here anymore.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2010, 09:35:24 PM »

Last night in Cancun.  Karaoke in the Lobby Bar with no alcohol.  Singing just as bad as if there was alcohol.  I sang "Jailhouse Rock" in a key WAY too high for me and I think it was higher than the original.  Then I sang "Copacabana" and had a great time.  Except for the teen (who had been drinking-go figure) who was "rave dancing" during my song.  I tried shooing him off, but it didn't work.  It made for great visuals, though.  The teen was clueless about Barry Manilow and Copacabana.  We are through packing and will be JetBluing to California tomorrow morning.  Will check in from Ft Lauderdale! 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2010, 09:36:28 PM »

Safe journey home - and then you can write your amazon review :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2010, 09:42:35 PM »

Welcome six GUESTS.  If one of you would get off your ASS and join our merry troupe we'd get out of this funk we're in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2010, 09:42:47 PM »

Four pages.  It is to laugh.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2010, 09:46:50 PM »

One of my least favorite stupid thrillers is Jagged Edge - but there was a whole slew of 'em in the 1980s.

Mine too!  And believe it or not, I was hired to write JAGGED EDGE II.  I kept resisting...courtroom dramas, while I like them, I can't write.  But more importantly, my problem with the movie was Glenn Close's character; I just found her unprofessional.  First, falling apart because she'd screwed up a case in the past; and then getting emotionally involved with a client. 

But they kept coming at me to write the sequel, dangling Glenn Close, a  major star at me  (and very nice), and when I asked for impossible money; they agreed.  Hardest thing I ever wrote, took forever to find my passion and interest in the piece, finally did, and my whole thrust was her character finding her professionalism again.  Unfortunately, though I ultimately liked my script, I think I was more enamoured of the new characters I had created than the Close's.  Needless to say, after a draft, we all mutually agreed to go our seperate ways.  And that's why you never saw Jagged Edge II.

Wasn't one version of the sequel made into a movie (forget the title) with Burt Reynolds?

They changed all of the character's names, so it was not really a sequel.

As I recall, it got terrible reviews and was quickly forgotten.

Don't think there was ever any sequel.  Most of the movies I've parted company with in the early stages of development, either voluntarily or not, never seemed to see the light of day...which I hope means that my instincts about the material being workable were either good or they could never find anyone to satisfactorily replace me, once I was gone.

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2010, 09:54:52 PM »

If Samantha won't visit you maybe she will make an extra visit to your mother.  I'm very sorry you are going through this.

Oh, it's typical for our family.  I've decided to just fire them as family members  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2010, 09:56:58 PM »

I had a wonderful time at Saturday in the Park.  I wasn't going to go back after seeing Amanda Shaw and getting really warm in the afternoon, but came home, took a shower, went to the office checked the mail, moped around a little and then decided I wasn't going to let my family ruin my day, so I went back, got close enough for some really good photos, and  really enjoyed both Steve Winwood and Santana.   The crowd was insane so after getting my photos I left. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2010, 10:00:24 PM »

Then I went across the street to a friend's house. You could hear every note loud and clear, so I listened for awhile then went home before the crowd let out.  Then i went to a park near my house to wait for the fireworks they shoot off after the concert.  You could still hear the music pretty well and this is about 20 blocks away.  Amazing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2010, 10:01:21 PM »

The fireworks this year were pretty lousy.  It's looked like they didn't have them timed and they all sort of went off at the same time.  I'm curious to see if I hear about a problem with them later

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2010, 10:02:31 PM »

Jane - I'm stepping into what you're saying about Tylenol.

My doctor is recommending that i take Aleve (sp?) every day.  This scares me for some reason.  But I'm not exactly sure I can explain it rationally to anyone's s satisfaction.

I love Aleve! I've taken it for years and years.  Not every day, but it takes away my pain more than anything
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up