Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OTTO HARP  (Read 48515 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: OTTO HARP
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2010, 06:44:46 PM »

Here's my thought on Promises - I had no idea it would go this quickly.  And I know there are others who, as the word gets out, are going to want it badly.  So, I have two options, both of which require me to re-license the title, which is no problem (or just add to the contract we've already done since I actually have the rights for three years).  I can do a "second edition" of the two CD set, also limited to 1000 copies, OR I can do a release of only disc two, limited to 1000 copies.  Either way, we'll only probably sell a couple hundred right away (which will pay for the repressing and re-licensing), but I don't mind if I have the rest for a year or two, just so people can get it.  What do you all think?

First of all, I think it's wonderful that you're getting the kind of response where you're able to consider reprinting more copies of any of your titles.   But I feel that the re-issue should be somewhat different than the original limited edition.  I vote for having the second edition be only disc two (but at the same price).  I'm sure that that's what most people would want, anyway...the "corrected" disc in show order.  I only bought one copy, so it's not an investment issue for me, just my opinion that a "limited edition" should be limited.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2010, 06:46:07 PM »

The Ryko guy now acknowledges that the Ryko (and Varese) release was a remix.  He denies, however, that Ryko itself did the remix and that MGM was responsible - that is, I'm sure, true.

BK, will you update your liner notes to reflect this new bit of information?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2010, 06:57:24 PM »

Greetings from Ohio - we are glad to be home after a fun, but too short, trip to Michigan.  Left Lansing about 9:30am and got to A2 (Ann Arbor) about 11.  Drove past the stadium to see all the construction, then around Central Campus, which looks great!  We had lunch at Zingerman's (thought of you, DR Jane), drove out through North Campus, where I lived all through undergrad, and headed to Dayton.  We go to Sinclair CC just in time for Rob's appointment with career services and home for pizza.  He's now tutoring DN Lauren for her sports physics class.  One of the problems starts out, "Tonya crashes into Nancy while they're practicing their figure skating routines..."

LOL regarding the question.

The first time I went to Zingerman's I was a bit underwhelmed.  I have appreciated it much more since moving here.  I have had such wonderful treats shipped to us, and when visiting Bryan purchased even more treats to stock Bryan's apartment for us.   We would make a meal of bread and cheeses and side dishes.

Jane

« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2010, 06:57:51 PM »

Dear new Reader Thom are you a fan of Zingerman's?

Ginny

« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2010, 07:00:27 PM »

DR Jane - it really surprised me that Zingerman's didn't have egg salad.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2010, 07:01:02 PM »

Now I'm thinking of all the good Jewish deli's near our homes in Michigan.  I still miss the egg bagels and New York Bagel's.  They also had good rye bagels.

Jane

« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2010, 07:01:51 PM »

That also surprises me.  I thought I have had it there.  They make wonderful veggie sandwiches.  What did you have?

Ginny

« Reply #187 on: July 06, 2010, 07:02:17 PM »

The tutoring session was almost derailed when Mary Linda called Rob and, via speaker phone, they asked Lauren to be in the wedding party.  She went berserk for a while, called her mom, and then (amazingly) settled back down to problem-solving.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2010, 07:04:04 PM »

That also surprises me.  I thought I have had it there.  They make wonderful veggie sandwiches.  What did you have?

I had the Georgia Reuben - turkey, swiss cheese, cole slaw, Russian dressing.  And, of course, a Dr. Brown's Creme Soda.  The only time I drink sugary soda is at a deli that has Dr. Brown's.

Cillaliz

« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »

Well, we have arrived in Sioux Falls, slightly ahead of "tornadic activity."  I had never heard the phrase "tornadic activity" until we turned on the tv and heard it repeated several times on an urgent news break-in.

Cilla, sorry--you must have posted after we turned off the computer or I would have answered this morning.  Yes, we're staying here overnight, then off to Wisconsin Dells tomorrow and then finally up north.

Bruce, we are having a very enjoyable ride as DW Wife Betsy reads your very charming and entertaining book out loud.  We're up to your second Partridge Family episode.  DW Wife Betsy *did* notice one other typo (not the Carol Merrill one) if you want to know for your second printing.

No problem. Tornadic activity happens a lot here.  I had a meeting after work and probably couldn't have gotten up there until after 8:30, so it wouldn't really have worked anyway.  If you're going to stop there on the way back, let me know and I could drive up and meet you for dinner.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »

Watching "Love Finds Andy Hardy," the first time I've seen one of the Andy Hardy movies. Judy Garland is good. I'm not sure the humor survives.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2010, 07:19:11 PM »

The tutoring session was almost derailed when Mary Linda called Rob and, via speaker phone, they asked Lauren to be in the wedding party.  She went berserk for a while, called her mom, and then (amazingly) settled back down to problem-solving.

;D :)

Jane

« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2010, 07:21:54 PM »

Ginny except for the swiss cheese it sounds good.  You didn't say if it was on rye bread or not.

When we lived there the 2nd time a sandwich shop opened in Birmingham.  They purchased their bread from Zingerman's.  They made wonderful veggie sandwiches.

Jane

« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2010, 07:22:02 PM »

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »

Hmm I can rent GIrl with the Dragon Tattoo dubbed in English or with English Subtitles...

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
You can dream…or you can do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: July 06, 2010, 07:25:50 PM »

Oh cool I can preveiw two minutes free.  Think I'll try both ways and see which I like better

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: July 06, 2010, 07:29:08 PM »

LOL there is no dialogue in the first two minutes...that didn't help much.  Well, it's 2 hours and 33 min so I think I'll wait a day or two to rent it

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #198 on: July 06, 2010, 07:40:15 PM »

DR Cillaliz: Get the subtitled version.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #199 on: July 06, 2010, 07:41:48 PM »

Wwelcome to new DR Thom!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »

hours have beenlong and crazy I am takingtomorrow off  to take the Vixter to a water park

vixmom

« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2010, 07:44:37 PM »

my original MGM Browaday  Cast Recording of Promises Promise arrived today

BK you never should  have let me typeset the CD labels

vixmom

« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2010, 07:45:27 PM »

JRand is now winning with 52% of the vote s

vixmom

« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2010, 07:46:01 PM »

Vixdad plays the autoharp

vixmom

« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2010, 07:46:36 PM »

I wish I could play piano, or the guitar or the fiddle

vixmom

« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »

after a looooong hard day there is nothing better than to watch soemkittens playing - thank you Laura!

vixmom

« Reply #206 on: July 06, 2010, 07:49:04 PM »

why is DrAnn in the hospital?

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: July 06, 2010, 07:49:31 PM »

DR Cillaliz: Get the subtitled version.
I think I will.  I just connected my Roku to my Amazon account.  I got a $10 credit for doing it so  now I will definitely rent it. Oh heck, I may  as well do it tonight, I'll be awake anyway, laters

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: July 06, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »

George - yes, if I end up doing the one cd reissue, then I have to adjust some things in the booklet anyway - in fact, anything having to do with CD 1 will be eliminated.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: July 06, 2010, 08:22:15 PM »

Welcome nine GUESTS.  I blame JMK.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up