Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL THINGS CONSIDERED  (Read 43429 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: ALL THINGS CONSIDERED
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2010, 06:59:28 PM »

We are trading ten healthy spies for 4 damaged ones.  I think we should receive a credit to use at at a future date.

Sounds like a good idea, Jane! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2010, 07:01:05 PM »

Thanks. :)

Laura

« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2010, 07:02:51 PM »

Like sports draft pick trading.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2010, 07:09:43 PM »

In one hour I shall be venturing out to meet an "online" friend for dinner.  Addie and I have been chums for many years on film music forums.  She's a big Morricone fan.  She's very good friends with BK's personal friend Julie Kirgo.

Addie is also from South Carolina and is of "my" generation.  She is acquainted with my cousin Debra in Edgefield and once dated a guy Debra knows.   Addie now lives in Texas with her hubby John.  She is in Oakland on business and this is the only night we can get together to finally meet face-to-face.

I was planning on taking her to Jack London Square to one of three really nice restaurants there.  Unfortunately, the jury in L.A. came in with a verdict (involuntary manslaughter) this afternoon in the Mehserle trial.  Oakland began evacuations of State, City and County offices.  For several days, business have been putting up plywood over windows and doors in the event of more ugliness.

A couple of local channels are devoting full coverage to things going on downtown -- a rally started at 5 p.m.    The streets are thronged with many folks who don't feel the verdict was "justice" for the victim.  I get different readings on whether violence might erupt.

At any rate, the dinner venue is the island of Alameda...and we'll be eating at "Asena", the wonderful southern Mediterranean restaurant there.  Addie is in a hotel near the airport and is actually closer to Alameda than I....but I will be travelling there on the Freeway...a bit roundabout, but out of "potential" harms' way.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »

DR Ron I'm glad you will be staying out of harms way.  Vibes violence doesn't irrupt!

Enjoy your evening.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »

Hi, all, we have arrived in northern Wisconsin--I will have to ketchup later.

Two things I must, must, must post immediately, however:

DR JANE:  You MUST visit Wisconsin Dells if only to dine at the most fabulous vegetarian restaurant Betsy and I have ever been to, staffed by a bunch of graduates from the Course in Miracles program.  It's called THE CHEESE FACTORY (they have a website--do a Google), and the food was so incredible even BK himself would have been ga-ga over it.

And BK--DW Wife Betsy continues to read your book and we had a big laugh today when you talked about the Brit named David doing the routine on the cruise boat when you were filming The Partridge Family.  David is retired and lives in the little town of Newberg, Oregon now.  His wife Jan is the former USO singer I worked with whom I believe I mentioned here a long time ago.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2010, 07:13:36 PM »

DR JMK I shall put this on my list of places to visit. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »

JMK - that's pretty funny - can he come to the event in Portland?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2010, 07:25:03 PM »

I watched one documentary on DVD and am now watching a motion picture on Blu and Ray - after that, who knows?  I'm pretty tired.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2010, 07:31:27 PM »

When are you going to Portland?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2010, 07:36:51 PM »

November - don't you read this here site? :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2010, 07:38:37 PM »

Wow, is The Last Airbender the worst-reviewed big-budget movie in history?  8% on the tomatometer?  Cost $150,000.  Opening week gross (the long weekend) 59 mil, and it's going to drop by sixty or seventy percent, which means it's a huge disaster, since you have to add another thirty or forty grand onto the 150 for prints and advertising.

JMK

« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2010, 07:42:38 PM »

I'm not sure I still have their email, but I'll look.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #163 on: July 08, 2010, 07:45:20 PM »

November - don't you read this here site? :)

HERE is the complete information!

November 13         Bruce Kimmel
Television star, feature film writer and director, best-selling author, legendary Grammy nominated producer of Broadway cast albums—Bruce Kimmel has done it all in a career spanning several decades and areas of expertise.  Now with his memoirs newly published, Bruce comes to Portland with a fun multi-media presentation that looks over a long and varied life in show business.

December 11   Time Out!  The Holiday Edition
Back for their second appearance in Rave in the Nave, the hilarious Moms of the Time Out troupe, headlined by Jacki Kane and Betsy Kauffman, bring some much needed laughter and stress relief to one of the busiest times of the year.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: July 08, 2010, 07:54:57 PM »

Sometimes I feel like Marilyn Munster

Laura

« Reply #165 on: July 08, 2010, 07:55:54 PM »

There's a great quote to go under your posts.

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: July 08, 2010, 08:05:17 PM »

There's a great quote to go under your posts.

You mean like this  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: July 08, 2010, 08:08:41 PM »

I'm actually feeling pretty tired tonight.  Sam was supposed to come tomorrow to help clean and I was going to take the day off, but since she's not coming I've gone ahead and scheduled appointments all day.  So, i better get some sleep soon

JMK

« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2010, 08:11:05 PM »

Here's THE CHEESE FACTORY's site:

http://www.cookingvegetarian.com/

BTW, their stuff is not "cheesy" (no pun intended)--the building where it's housed was an old cheese factory decades ago.  The building is really cool, with a full upstairs stage area that DW Wife Betsy is going to see if she can finagle for a comedy performance, which means we can return and write the whole thing off (don't tell FJL).  ;)

Ginny

« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2010, 08:12:59 PM »

...And the good news is that the McGlinn estate sent me a check today for last month's work. Thank you, Jesus!

So, this means our rendezvous in Canton is a GO?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2010, 08:15:51 PM »

I am glad to have an update on DD Bosco. I have been late catching up. Big hugs to Bosco and MBarnum.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2010, 08:16:12 PM »

Yay for Elmore getting a checkie!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »

Just got home from putting the final touches on our J and B mix. We'll watch it tomorrow as we lay it down and then we'll send it off to the Jerusalem Film Festival and call it done. We also mixed and onlined the trailer I cut a few weeks ago and replace the one that was put up prematurely by the powers that be.
Looks and sounds SO much better!

Edisaurus

« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »

TOD: If I could do it again, I would not have married my first husband. We parted amicably, and he would have said the same about me, I'm sure. We should have just been friends and left it at that.

Edisaurus

« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2010, 08:20:39 PM »

I would like those 14 years of my life back...

Edisaurus

« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2010, 08:22:18 PM »

In other news, it was announced today that the Mercer doc was nominated for an Emmy. Had we been able to make a real film I really believe it would win an Emmy, but as it is, I would be VERY surprised if it won.

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »

Vibes to DR MBarnum and his DD Bosco.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2010, 08:24:15 PM »

Kyra was nominated once again, and also Beau Bridges as a guest star on THE CLOSER. (He was in drag for most of the show as a retired detective who had a sex change.) And Andre Braugher was nominated as supporting actor for MEN OF CERTAIN AGE...well deserved. He is SO great on that show.

Ginny

« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2010, 08:25:20 PM »

I spent a delightful evening at Kenwood Towne Center in Cincinnati.  Did some shopping by myself and then met 5 (3 from Columbus, OH, and 2 from Kentucky) of my Facebook friends at the Vera Bradley store.  We terrorized one of the clerks and helped each other pick out bags and accessories.  Then we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner.

George

« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2010, 08:38:18 PM »

Well, I'm heading home.  But before I go...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up