Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: OBSERVATIONS  (Read 10123 times)

MBarnum

Re: OBSERVATIONS
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2010, 09:02:11 PM »

TOD:

Salem's downtown area is actually a very busy place. Lots and lots of assorted locally owned shops, a huge used book store, several antique stores, some highly thought of restaurants, furniture stores, several department stores including J.C. Penneys.

Our current mayor has worked tirelessly in revitalizing our downtown, and it is really quite nice.

There is also a wonderful waterfront area complete with a carousel.

The north end of downtown had gotten a little scuzzy, but new buildings have been put up which contain an independent movie theatre, offices, shops, and apartments up above. It all is shaping up very nicely.

Salem does not have as much culture nor recognition as Portland, but it is working on it. One thing that has really helped is the huge Independent Film Festival we have each year.

After your move will you feel safer walking around your new neighborhood?  Will you walk to work?

Oh yes, it is much closer to work. My neighborhood will consist of two other old apartment buildings and a bunch of state office buildings. I just have to walk across the park to the capitol and then down to my office.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:08:29 PM by MBarnum »

Laura

« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2010, 09:15:33 PM »

And Freddie won't get locked in any more garages.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2010, 09:17:55 PM »

I just have to walk across the park...

Well, if you meet some guy named Jerry who wants to tell you about his dog------RUN!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up