Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHALICE FROM THE PALACE HAS THE PELLET WITH THE POISON...  (Read 13580 times)

Ginny

Re: THE CHALICE FROM THE PALACE HAS THE PELLET WITH THE POISON...
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2010, 10:20:24 AM »

Phew!  I get so much email everyday, I decided I better check with Verizon to see what it would cost me to get email on my blackberry in Canada.  I'm glad I did.   Between the 69 cents extra per minute for phone and the price of data..(I literally get hundreds of emails every day related to work)  It was much cheaper for me to get the plan including Canada and then change back when I come home than it would have been for me to pay all the roaming fees.   I wouldn't have bothered it I wasn't getting ready for trial and the office is closed so I have to check messages a couple times a day for emergencies etc. 

DR Cillaliz - my sister-in-law did this very thing when she went to Mexico earlier this year.  She seemed pretty satisfied.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2010, 10:32:10 AM »

500 parts! I think mine has seven, plus some screws.

I suppose I should take it out of the car.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2010, 10:49:00 AM »

Back from all errands! I have to add a few aditional instruments to "Meadowlark" and a 2nd Violin to "My Heart Is So Full Of You," as well as profread the new computerized scores.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2010, 11:11:37 AM »

TOD

"Before you know it,The Renaissance will be here and everybody will be painting"

"Doc,My Brother's Crazy,he thinks he's a chicken.
The Doctor says,"Well,Why Don't You Turn Him In?"
And The Guy Says.
"I Would,But We Need The Eggs"

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2010, 12:42:34 PM »

Back from breakfast - we're all ready to go, MD-wise - he has all the music, a CD of the songs (so he can see what we did for the arrangements) and all is well.  I've packaged up a few things and will ship them in a little while.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »

From My Big Fat Greek Wedding:

Aunt Voula: What do you mean he don't eat no meat?
[the entire room stops, in shock]
Aunt Voula: Oh, that's okay. I make lamb.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2010, 01:29:35 PM »

I'm up and awaiting the arrival of Shelly Markham.

I've been up and awaiting the arrival of Shelly Fabares...for the past 40 years, actually.

You'd think she'd call and tell me she wasn't coming.

I'm still waiting for Godot.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2010, 01:30:34 PM »

But, I'll settle for Lefty or Guffman.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »

I figured I'd just throw those two in before anybody else did.

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2010, 01:50:34 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2010, 02:23:36 PM »

I am really liking these librarians at the indianapolis Symphony. They have been most friendly and helpful, and the copyist on 96th Street is really on top of things. so I'm quite content at the moment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »

Glad to hear this, DR Elmore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2010, 02:47:01 PM »

Composting in the car, that's the latest thing

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »

Phew!  I get so much email everyday, I decided I better check with Verizon to see what it would cost me to get email on my blackberry in Canada.  I'm glad I did.   Between the 69 cents extra per minute for phone and the price of data..(I literally get hundreds of emails every day related to work)  It was much cheaper for me to get the plan including Canada and then change back when I come home than it would have been for me to pay all the roaming fees.   I wouldn't have bothered it I wasn't getting ready for trial and the office is closed so I have to check messages a couple times a day for emergencies etc. 

DR Cillaliz - my sister-in-law did this very thing when she went to Mexico earlier this year.  She seemed pretty satisfied.

Glad to hear it worked out for her.  I only have one concern about the trip tomorrow.  When I booked it I had an hour between flights at O'hare. The airline changed things and now I have 30 minutes.  I don't know if that's going to be enough time, but I saved the original notice so I can show them I planned well, but they messed me up.  So I'm planning on the possibility that I may be stuck in Chicago for a few hours if I don't make my flight.  It would be fine, actually, I'm in no hurry to get there.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2010, 03:02:04 PM »

DR Elmore- glad to hear things are going well.

Me, on the other hand, not so much.  The "revenge" has reared it's ugly head for the third time in 6 weeks.  Hopefully, with the specimen's I turned in today, we should figure out what the heck is going on. 

Thom

« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2010, 03:02:33 PM »

Well, since I'm no longer working, and waiting for my right hip revision surgery on September 13, I just finished the Benjamin Kritzer series. I think that I enjoyed the books more by being able to read them one after another.  Because of "Kritzer Time," I purchased the following CDs that I did not have in my collection:
- Points on Jazz - Dave Brubeck - Played by Anthony & Joseph Paratore
- Conversations With Myself - Bill Evans
- Manhattan Tower - Gordon Jenkins

I'm anxious to find out how much in the Kritzer books is close to autobiographical for BK.  Does any one have a recommendation as to whether or not I read the remainder of BKs books by publication date or immediately jump to "There's Mel, There's Woody, and There's You: My Life in the Slow Lane"?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »

Well, since I'm no longer working, and waiting for my right hip revision surgery on September 13, I just finished the Benjamin Kritzer series. I think that I enjoyed the books more by being able to read them one after another.  Because of "Kritzer Time," I purchased the following CDs that I did not have in my collection:

I'm anxious to find out how much in the Kritzer books is close to autobiographical for BK.  Does any one have a recommendation as to whether or not I read the remainder of BKs books by publication date or immediately jump to "There's Mel, There's Woody, and There's You: My Life in the Slow Lane"?

DR Thom, I would suggest going to "There's Mel, There's Woody, and There's You" followed by "Rewind".

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2010, 03:13:42 PM »

I agree with Matthew.  And I would say that 95% of what is in the Kritzer books is basically autobiographical.

Laura

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »

Composting in the car, that's the latest thing

With our heat, it helps it compost even faster in the car.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »

Ewww, I didn't think about the heat and the compost...yikes!

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »

Prayers and vibes to the family and friends of Former Senator Ted Stevens and the others on the plane that crashed. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2010, 03:57:21 PM »

Well, since I'm no longer working, and waiting for my right hip revision surgery on September 13, I just finished the Benjamin Kritzer series. I think that I enjoyed the books more by being able to read them one after another.  Because of "Kritzer Time," I purchased the following CDs that I did not have in my collection:

I'm anxious to find out how much in the Kritzer books is close to autobiographical for BK.  Does any one have a recommendation as to whether or not I read the remainder of BKs books by publication date or immediately jump to "There's Mel, There's Woody, and There's You: My Life in the Slow Lane"?

I recommend the latest Kimmel tome. It's really the next Kritzer book, and there's a scene between BK and his mother that will tear out your heart. It's a moving wrap up to Minnie's story in Benjamin's life

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2010, 03:58:06 PM »

Prayers and vibes to the family and friends of Former Senator Ted Stevens and the others on the plane that crashed. 

Amen!

Lowell

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2010, 04:03:57 PM »

Ewww, I didn't think about the heat and the compost...yikes!

That's the story of my life during hot weather!
You can't take a bite out of life if you forget your teeth

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2010, 04:17:57 PM »

I've been looking online and it looks like there are all sorts of fun entertainment festivals going on in Toronto this week.  Not sure I'll have time to get to anything in particular, so I'll wait until I get there to make plans.  I'm finally getting excited about the trip.  I haven't packed yet, but I think i've got everything I need.  Since I only have 30 min in chicago, I"m going to bite the bullet and check a bag.  It will be an easier run to the next gate if I only have a back pack.       

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2010, 05:00:39 PM »

Let me just say the following: I am going for a jog.  When I get back I think we'd best be off not only page three but page four or it will not be pretty, oh, no, it will not be pretty. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »

eorge that is a agreat movie - no matter how many times I see it I still laugh out loud

I agree with you. I also agree with George. I don't know who "eorge" but I agree with him too. Peter Bogdonovich directed three three great films in the 70's and then after that perhaps ego took over.
1970-Last Picture Show, 1971-What's Up Doc? 1972-Paper Moon. The one exception was Mask.
I agree with you there. Though I did like much of "Texasville," too. Yet when he was off his mark ("Daisy Miller" comes immediately to mind), it was scary.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2010, 05:06:41 PM »

I'm listening to the London Cast of PROMISES PROMISES. That unpleasant lady playing the lead, whom I once sold an important recording to, will never be a singer whose voice (or attitude) I like or admire: her belt is only good for peeling pain off walls.

Given that problem, the recording sounds spectacular!

I'm listening to it now.  The slower tempos take some getting used to.  Tony Roberts occaisionally has trouble sustaining those notes.  And BB seems to be doing a Jill O'Hara impersonation.  But still, lots of fun listening to this recording...
I liked Tony Roberts' interpretation of the role when I listened to it this morning. It was a stressful morning at work, so I didn't listen to it closely. Didn't care for BB, because she just didn't sound like herself and she wasn't Jill O'Hara either. But I think I enjoyed the recording overall, especially the Italian bonus at the end.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2010, 05:11:59 PM »

A few favorites from "The Ref" with Judy Davis, Kevin Spacey and Denis Leary., The rest of the best lines are bit laden with profanity. Yet I suggest you watch the movie if you like a good laugh. I watch it every Christmas:

John Chasseur: Mom, the TV's broken. What are we gonna do all night?
Connie Chasseur: Celebrate the birth of Christ!

Connie Chasseur: Who would catch a criminal, and then let him go free?
Mary Chasseur: Republicans.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up