Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AUDACIOUS  (Read 10661 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: AUDACIOUS
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2010, 06:06:05 PM »

Applying for jobs is exhausting. Even if it is all online and slightly unreal.

My son is also exhausted.

JOB VIBES!!!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »

Applying for jobs is exhausting. Even if it is all online and slightly unreal.

My son is also exhausted.

JOB VIBES!!!

Many thanks.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2010, 06:15:40 PM »

Had to quit the magazine today. The publisher was behaving in too unprofessional a manner; there was no equipment to use to facilitate the job; and he didn't pay anything. It was a trifecta of good reasons to let it go.

~~~Even More Job Vibes!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2010, 06:18:58 PM »

Had to quit the magazine today. The publisher was behaving in too unprofessional a manner; there was no equipment to use to facilitate the job; and he didn't pay anything. It was a trifecta of good reasons to let it go.

~~~Even More Job Vibes!!~~~

Imagine having to listen to racist and sexist jokes from somebody who claims you got laid off because you made too much money at your previous job. Then he took offense when I no longer wanted to waste time going over the same material at meeting after meeting. And that's just the beginning. And at a freelance rate that worked out to less than $1.50 an hour.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:22:27 PM by John G. »
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2010, 06:30:34 PM »

My mother took us to Olive Garden for dinner tonight.  She'd been feeling bad that she couldn't do anything to help, but this was just right.  She kept marveling at how good I look - not sure what she was expecting.  And I learned that, yes, you CAN eat relatively healthy at OG - I had shrimp primavera:  light tomato sauce with peppers and mushrooms (I requested no onions) and just a sprinkle of cheese.  Only ate half and brought the rest home for tomorrow's lunch.  I even gave my chocolate mint to Mom and came home and had one of the low-fat chocolate candies that DR Jane sent.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »

My mother took us to Olive Garden for dinner tonight.  She'd been feeling bad that she couldn't do anything to help, but this was just right.  She kept marveling at how good I look - not sure what she was expecting.  And I learned that, yes, you CAN eat relatively healthy at OG - I had shrimp primavera:  light tomato sauce with peppers and mushrooms (I requested no onions) and just a sprinkle of cheese.  Only ate half and brought the rest home for tomorrow's lunch.  I even gave my chocolate mint to Mom and came home and had one of the low-fat chocolate candies that DR Jane sent.
Sounds like a wonderful evening. More vibes for your continued recovery!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »

Having praised Terry Gilliam earlier, I have to announce that I just had to remove "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus" from the DVD player. Beautiful to look at, too convoluted to pay attention to. Will try to watch the rest tomorrow.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2010, 06:39:54 PM »

We got a little bit of rain just now.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2010, 06:45:56 PM »

Are onions off your diet?

Don't bite into the candies & break a tooth.  You have had enough problems lately.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2010, 06:47:09 PM »

We got a little bit of rain just now.

We are having rain & the temps have dropped down to 70 degrees.  I can hear thunder but don't see lightening.  I hope we aren't having any.

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »

We just heard two major explosions in the Seattle / Tacoma area.  We are being told that they were sonic booms from two F-15 that were scrambled after another airplane entered the no-fly zone that is in place over Seattle during Obama's visit.

When I was a kid, we used to get sonic booms around here all the time, because the Air Force Base near here.  But it has been years since I have heard one, let alone two.  Clean clothes are in order.

Oh man, we had sonic booms all the time when I was a kid.  I think they were from the jets flying over from SAC in Omaha

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2010, 07:00:38 PM »

It's very cool here tonight.  Feels great

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2010, 07:02:44 PM »

I thought I may have broken my arm tonight.  I was finishing cutting up the branches from the storm last week to put out for trash collection and essentially had a tree (well a really big limb) fall on my forearm.   I could move my fingers but it really hurt.  I immediately iced it and after a couple hours it's feeling almost as good as new. I'm sure I'll have a bruise, but luckily I don't think I really hurt it badly

Laura

« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2010, 07:02:55 PM »

A little Weatherbug tells me that it is 77 degrees here now. That's the coolest it's been for months. The usual low in the morning for August is in the high 80s or in the 90s.

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2010, 07:06:49 PM »

Whew!  By the end of the day today I have two new clients and discovered the expert isn't available on the day everyone wanted to go, so, I get to reschedule for the next week.  That will give me time to breathe and actually prepare for the depositions.   I'm feeling much better.  It's been a really busy couple days, but they have been productive. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »

I hear a jet flying over quite low.  Not sure what's up with that

Jane

« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2010, 07:09:49 PM »

I thought I may have broken my arm tonight.  I was finishing cutting up the branches from the storm last week to put out for trash collection and essentially had a tree (well a really big limb) fall on my forearm.   I could move my fingers but it really hurt.  I immediately iced it and after a couple hours it's feeling almost as good as new. I'm sure I'll have a bruise, but luckily I don't think I really hurt it badly

Thank goodness it isn't broken and feels better!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2010, 07:09:54 PM »

I think the Claritin I was taking to keep me alert was making me sleepy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2010, 07:10:02 PM »

It has worn off and I woke up

Laura

« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »

The radar shows storms circled around the Phoenix area. Maybe we will get some more rain.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »

Vibes you get rain DR Laura~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2010, 07:15:15 PM »

The girls (as in cats) are still making sure I know they  missed me and are demanding much petting and playing of toys.  They are cracking me up

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2010, 07:16:25 PM »

Our radar shows clear skies....a welcome relief for us

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2010, 07:16:50 PM »

Are onions off your diet?

Don't bite into the candies & break a tooth.  You have had enough problems lately.

No, DR Jane, I just don't like onions.  And I have too much dental work - crowns, etc. - to try to bite into the candies.  Besides, letting them dissolve prolongs the flavorful experience!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2010, 07:17:21 PM »

Yikes, DR Cillaliz!  Maybe you should have that arm looked at - just in case.

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2010, 07:17:49 PM »

Think I'll review the juror bios for next weeks trial.  They are on disk, so I need to sign off....laters....

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2010, 07:20:59 PM »

Yikes, DR Cillaliz!  Maybe you should have that arm looked at - just in case.

It really doesn't hurt now, just a little stiff.  I decided to wait and see how it is in the morning.  If it's still feeling this good, I think I'll be fine

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »

Very glad to follow your daily improvements, DR Ginny!

Jane

« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2010, 07:21:43 PM »

Vibes you get rain DR Laura~~~~

DITTO!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2010, 07:21:51 PM »

Oh we're close to a new page
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up