Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAT WAVE  (Read 74843 times)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
Re:HEAT WAVE
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2004, 07:33:37 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]Page 6[/size][/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 6[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 6[/move][/color]

[size=8][move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 6[/move][/size]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 6[/move][/color]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 07:36:18 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2004, 07:35:19 PM »

Panni did you mention if 10:00 is a good time for you on Monday?  We can be flexible on the time, just need to set one.  I’m looking forward to meeting you. :)

Jane

« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2004, 07:38:46 PM »

Directv just called asking for Keith.  I said do you want to sell him something-“I just want to tell him about new changes in our programming”.  So, with the phone still in my face, I yell “Keith DirecTV is on the phone and he doesn’t want to sell you anything just……”  Keith picked up the phone and no one was there. ;D ;D

Jane

« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2004, 07:39:49 PM »

Jay your page six dance looks much better now :)

Jane

« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2004, 07:41:51 PM »

Goodnight.  Talk to you tomorrow.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2004, 07:49:12 PM »

Highest rated TV movie in years: part 1 of "10.2" - the movie about the devastating CA earthquake. Sigh....

Panni

« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2004, 07:50:26 PM »

10 is fine, Jane (not 10.2)

Panni

« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2004, 07:52:52 PM »

I'm looking forward to meeting you, too!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2004, 08:39:29 PM »

Hello, fellow dear readers
Re topic of the day: After a stressful week, and things ultimately turning out to be ok, I am glad to say that I am very happy to be where I am and no amount of money could make me happier.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2004, 08:39:52 PM »

Fantasia sang "Summertime" during the movie song week which was three weeks ago. For me, it was the best performance anyone has given this season on AMERICAN IDOL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2004, 08:43:07 PM »

Enjoyed HIGH SIERRA and also liked the brief but effective making-of documentary on the DVD. Would have liked more information on the rest of the cast other than Lupino, Bogart, and Joan Leslie. This had quite a few very familiar character actors and actors like Arthur Kennedy who were going on to even bigger things.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2004, 08:46:53 PM »

Highest rated TV movie in years: part 1 of "10.2" - the movie about the devastating CA earthquake. Sigh....
Good news!  All the programming executives live in SoCal!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2004, 09:00:38 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I decided to hold off on the Breyer's Peach Ice Cream until later... Well, I'll be having it in a few minutes... It will serve as my "meal" before I take my meds before bedtime.  ;)

Nothing new since my last post...  But I am feeling better than I did earlier.  Must have been the crappy weather today - cloudy, overcast and rainy.  Why do my days off have to be rainy?!?!?!

But I did get my towels washed, and my bed linens washed, so... that'll be nice to enjoy.

OK - time for me to break into the ice cream and then get ready for bed...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2004, 09:09:37 PM »

DR Jose, yes, it's that Mickey & Judy show; Jeff and Shauna are great, and I hope the pops symphonies like it.

DR RLP, thank you for the new photo.  I may try it later in the week when I get some time at the computer after M&J is finito.

Nothing else to report.  Goodnight to all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Panni

« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2004, 09:32:12 PM »

I made a mistake about the earthquake movie title. It's "10.5" - not my more conservative 10.2. The bigger the better, eh?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2004, 09:38:47 PM »

MattH, have you ever seen COLORADO TERRITORY with Joel McCrea and Virginia Mayo? It's a western version of HIGH SIERRA...Raoul Walsh directed both films. He did not, however, direct I DIED A THOUSAND TIMES another remake of HIGH SIERRA, Stuart Heisler did.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2004, 09:41:45 PM »

I made a mistake about the earthquake movie title. It's "10.5" - not my more conservative 10.2. The bigger the better, eh?

Either way, I'd heard that the movie is very inaccurate about earthquakes in general and a West Coast earthquake specifically.  It sounded like the writers/producers (nothing personal to any writers or producers here at HHW) didn't do a lick of research.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2004, 09:56:10 PM »

Getting back to the Topic of the Day for a moment (well, for one post, at least), let me just say that if I had no concerns for money, I would not house-sit, which I'm doing right now.  Actually, I'm not doing it for money at all.  My friend Claudia and her fiance Bob are driving to visit their respective families back east and I said that I would house-sit for them.  And I really don't mind.

The problem (more of just an inconvenience, actually), is that their computer, which, thankfully, has high-speed Internet access (as do I at home with my rebuilt computer), is set up very differently than mine.  The resolution is set to 800x600 (mine is 1024x768) so everything on the screen is huge and the pointer is set to whip across the screen even when you just barely touch the mouse.  It'll take some time to get used to that.

Otherwise, the good things are that they have a computer at all and they even have the same kind of ergonomic split keyboard that I have...Micro Innovations.

So that's what I'm going to be doing just about every night for the next two and half weeks.  They said that they'd be back before May 21st.  Every day I have to go home after work and check my e-mail there, then come here and play with the cats.  They have two:  Windy and Lilly.  They're both very leery of strangers (me) and this morning I couldn't even find one of them.  I saw both of them this evening, so they're fine.  Whew! ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jed

« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2004, 10:02:50 PM »

Either way, I'd heard that the movie is very inaccurate about earthquakes in general and a West Coast earthquake specifically.  It sounded like the writers/producers (nothing personal to any writers or producers here at HHW) didn't do a lick of research.

And I gotta say that the scenes at the beginning set at the base of the Space Needle looked absolutely nothing what so ever similar to Seattle Center. :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2004, 10:03:32 PM »

And I gotta say that the scenes at the beginning set at the base of the Space Needle looked absolutely nothing what so ever similar to Seattle Center. :D

I'm not watching it, but I'm taping it at my house for my niece (her other two VCRs are busy taping other things).  I'll have to check it out!

And finally:

I'm now going to listen to a CD that I just got in the mail today:  a copy of "The Stephen Sondheim Album" that JRand sent to me!  I had originally bought the offically released CD when it was first released (I think it was the first FA release) and it had the extra track that was not on the CD when purchased in a store or other on-line seller.  Anyway, I lost my copy.  I have no idea where it could be. :'(  So, thanks Jack for making me a copy!

After that will be Janis Siegel's brand new "Sketches of Broadway!"  I love Janis' singing and have been a fan of The Manhattan Transfer for more than 20 years.  And with the combination of Janis and Broadway songs, it has to be a fabulous recording...to me, at least.

So, good night all.  And just think...the day after tomorrow will be Cinco de Mayo!! (hint, hint ;))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 10:05:52 PM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2004, 10:04:31 PM »

Stuart Heisler also directed the first of the big-screen Lone Ranger movies with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels.

Panni

« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2004, 10:05:04 PM »

td - I responded to your message. Hope you got it this time! Looking forward to the CD. Thanks again!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2004, 10:09:29 PM »

A quick bit of research found the following site re the Richter scale.

Rough translation: in the final scenes of 10.5 (which der Brucer insisted on watching, it being an otherwise boring night), when all those people were running like crazy to get out of the way of the new coastline, and Mr. Dummwonk is telling the Prez how big the quake is ("Nine point one...Nine point two..."), in real life those people would have been flat on the ground, unable to move...well, unable to move other than how they were being thrown back and forth by the quake.  I mean, not even Nadia Comaneci would have been able to keep her balance!

I suppose they couldn't show people actually dying in that final bit, because according to the rules of television, that would have been unrealistic.

And I loved how everyone stood at the edge of the new coastline, right as we're being told "It's over."  Yeah, right...until someone decides to make the sequel, Aftershock!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2004, 10:12:15 PM »

Another pretty picture before I sign off. Sorry to be a wussvegieburger, but I have a ton of reading to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2004, 10:12:39 PM »

So, good night all.  And just think...the day after tomorrow will be Cinco de Mayo!! (hint, hint ;))
This means that George wants us all to send him five mayonaise jars, so that he can celebrate.

Of course, there's no telling what he'll be putting into those jars!

::)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 10:13:48 PM by S. Woody White »

Jed

« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2004, 10:19:25 PM »

I'm not watching it, but I'm taping it at my house for my niece (her other two VCRs are busy taping other things).  I'll have to check it out!

I wouldn't waste my time... it really is as bad as everything said.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2004, 10:22:05 PM »

This means that George wants us all to send him five mayonaise jars, so that he can celebrate.

Of course, there's no telling what he'll be putting into those jars!

::)

And I'm not telling! ;)

George

« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2004, 10:24:06 PM »

I wouldn't waste my time... it really is as bad as everything said.

Good enough for me.  I'll just pass the tape to my niece and let her watch it.  Well, now I really must go.  One of the cats is meowing at me, which I can only interpret to mean, "Feed Me!" (a Little Shop of Horrors reference)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2004, 10:25:16 PM »

Glad it got there, DRGeorge!  Enjoy!

OMG - the Calgary Flames just beat the Detroit RedWings in the playoffs...it was a fantastic overtime victory.  Congrat to the Flames!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura II

« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2004, 10:43:41 PM »

DR Michael Shayne: Good vibes to your father and your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

To all of you dear readers:
I will be participating in the AIDS Walk in NYC on May 16, 2004, and I'm looking for sponsors. As some of you may know, the AIDS Walk raises money for Gay Men's Health Crisis, which provides services for over 15,000 people. Your help in fighting this epidemic is much appreciated. Perhaps this will be the year that doctors discover a cure for HIV and AIDS. If you'd like to sponsor me, please go to http://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchParticipants.asp?ievent=41823&lis=1 and enter Laura Cusumano in the "Participant's Name" boxes. Thank you so very much for contributing to this cause!
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up