Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING MY OATS  (Read 10148 times)

Cillaliz

Re: FEELING MY OATS
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2010, 08:30:20 PM »

Ok, back to work

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »

Good night, Ginny.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2010, 08:33:31 PM »

CillaLiz, don't do the stressful thing. If your family can't behave, then do yourself a favor and do what's best for you. Maybe she'll get the message.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2010, 08:33:56 PM »

Page Six! Last Days of Disco dance
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »

Disco's had its last days?  has anyone told Lady Gaga?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2010, 08:47:44 PM »

I've been listening to the disco station (STROBE, I believe it's called) on XM in the car.  Some fantastic string arrangements on those old tunes, I must say.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2010, 08:50:10 PM »

OK, so I post an ad on CL to clear out some of these old DVDs and BDs and clearly state $5/disc and also include how many discs in multi-disc sets there are.  And of course I have been dealing with an idiot all day (partly just out of fun, I must say) who literally can't figure out how to times the number of discs by 5 to arrive at a total.  I finally just sent him a timestable at which point he asked me to just tell him the totals.  No, I will *not* do your homework for you.  ;)  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2010, 08:51:58 PM »

And as incredible as it may seem to me, I register my little "baby Gaby" for high school tomorrow.   The handout recommended parents should simply bring their checkbooks with, LOL.  Lists and lists of fees and the like.  Including now, of all things, software licenses for certain classes!

JMK

« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2010, 08:58:03 PM »

Ooooh, feels so good department:  Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer just flat out smacked down (figuratively speaking) Laura Ingraham on the O'Reilly Factor tonight.  So very, very wonderful.  :)

td

• td
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2010, 09:00:36 PM »

I am right now watching the finale episode of LOST. What a great episode. One of the best of the series. It even had me crying. There is 20 minutes left. I am so glad that I heard or read nothing about the final episodes.
They're All Dead!

Depends on how you look at it. . .Charles Widmore is alive, isn't he?  Claire's mother?  Juliet's sister?  Walt?  Ms. Hawkins?  The two (or three) Mrs. Shepherds?  Ben?  Hurley?  I could go on. . . .BUT, Mr. Shayne has not posted about the final twenty minutes. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2010, 09:03:15 PM »

RE: LOST

I am right now watching the finale episode of LOST. What a great episode. One of the best of the series. It even had me crying. There is 20 minutes left. I am so glad that I heard or read nothing about the final episodes.

Wait to see if you still like it after you've seen the last 20 minutes. I liked the episode but DID NOT LIKE THE LAST 20 minutes very much.

What are the extras?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Lost-The-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/9557/#Review

So, basically these are the same features as on the bonus dvd offered at Best Buy with the Blu-Ray. . .except for the podcasts.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JMK

« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2010, 09:04:43 PM »

Wait to see if you still like it after you've seen the last 20 minutes. I liked the episode but DID NOT LIKE THE LAST 20 minutes very much.

What are the extras?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Lost-The-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/9557/#Review

So, basically these are the same features as on the bonus dvd offered at Best Buy with the Blu-Ray. . .except for the podcasts.

Well, disc-wise, yeah.  But there's the supercool Temple box with all the hoo-hahs inside.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2010, 09:59:11 PM »

Back from seeing JERSEY BOYS.

Excellent production.  One of the guys (Nick) was in the original Broadway cast.
You can dream…or you can do.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2010, 10:09:38 PM »

There is a flash flood watch, not too far from here, but I do not see any clouds  ???
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:14:38 PM by Sam »
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2010, 10:10:26 PM »

It's really nice and cool outside, too cool to open the windows.  8)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:14:59 PM by Sam »
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2010, 10:11:51 PM »

Be careful with the jogging in this heat.

Sam

« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2010, 10:13:20 PM »

Billy Barnes' LA has arrived.  Will listen in the car on the way home tomorrow.

Sam

« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2010, 10:13:57 PM »

Happy Thursday. :) :)

Night all.

sleep well.  ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »

Cool?  Where?  It's about ninety at eleven at night here in the City of Studio.  I'm back from some chicken tenders at Jerry's - I jogged over there and then briskly walked back, so I think my jog total was two miles today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2010, 11:28:21 PM »

The musical director for our first Gardenia show called (he's out of town) to tell me I had misunderstood and that he won't be back until Monday evening.  Well, no, I did not misunderstand - he told me he'd be available to rehearse on Monday and that is what I told everyone - in fact, we discussed it with at least one singer while rehearsing last week.  So, he's Xeroxing charts on Friday and Fed Exing them to me for Saturday delivery.  Richard Berent, the MD of the Brain, will fill in for Monday, so at least the two singers who actually haven't run any of their material, will get to.  Then Tuesday we'll rehearse the whole thing, and people can come early or stay later to work as much as they want to be comfortable.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2010, 11:56:43 PM »

What are the extras?

The last 20 minutes are among the most moving segments of any TV series EVER!!!!  Jack's walk through the bamboo forest is AWESOME!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2010, 11:58:33 PM »

I see the ever-lurking DotM who lurks much and does nothing else but irritate is back.

It is possible DotM thrives on our reactions.  Your comments may be fueling the fascination with this site.

Yes....giving validation to the visits, as it were.  Drawing attention is the end goal. 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up