Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A JOYFUL NOISE  (Read 18500 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: A JOYFUL NOISE
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »

Pianist won't even be here when he originally said, which was 2:30 - now it's three.  Which means I don't eat till 3:15.  I've been pricing out authoring and replicating blu-ray - not as cheap as DVD but not completely horrendous.  If we end up doing this blu-ray thing, we'll also include a DVD in the package, since the cost of doing so is almost negligible.

BK, has this ever been on DVD before or is it the first ever release, at all?

First release.
I was going to guess "Sugar" but not now. That's on CD.

John, BK did say that the newest cast album that he's going to release was released on CD before.  I was asking (above) about the movie that will be Kritzerland's first Blu-Ray release.

Scrambled brains trying to play catch-up. So, "Sugar" is my guess. If Mitch Miller produced it.

That's actually my guess, also...and what I've been listening to!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:07 PM »

So, today Edith and I were working hard to reorganize things at the office and catch up. I knew I had a hearing at 3:00 so I was winding up some things about 2:30 when I get a call from the court asking why I'm not there for the 2:30 hearing.  I said I thought it was at 3:00 and literally ran to the courthouse.  I got there only to discover that I was not the lawyer on the 2:30 hearing after all.  What a crazy week. 

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:08 PM »

The big question, of course, is can we sell enough to cover my costs.

If this is the product you told me about at Jerry's, I wonder the same thing, since you said you feared the "related" CD won't be a barnburner, and that CD may have more name value, limited though it is, to the public at large.

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:46 PM »

Last night I sold Dog Bosco's dog house, which was kind of sad for me. But the guy ( a friend's nephew) who bought it brought over his new dog...a gorgeous, 4 month old female boxer with the most beautiful colorings I have ever seen.

She and Cat Freddy played quite a lot in the back yard while they were here. Well, mostly the dog played; running around Freddy and trying to get Freddy to play fetch. Freddy mostly sat on the lawn and watched her and occasionally let the dog know who was boss.

It was so much fun to watch this young dog, who was quite energetic, but very well behaved. I just fell in love with her. I think Fred did also, as he followed the dog all the way back to the pickup when they were leaving.

Awww ad hugs.

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2010, 03:57:36 PM »

I will say that going through the past few weeks has made the working relationship between Edith and I much stronger. That is a very good thing

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2010, 03:58:45 PM »

Tonight is movie night in my friends' back yard.  I'm really looking forward to a couple beers, kicking back with some friends and watching "Being There"

Jane

« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2010, 04:02:29 PM »

I am supposed to go to the circus tonight.  I hope it goes okay. I am a little concerned because most of the seats are benches (which i do not think will be good for my back). I do remember when i went 2 years ago that there were seats with backs in the first row or two. Fingers crossed for that.

I guess I'm too late to suggest taking a cushion to sit on.  I hope your back did ok.

Jane

« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2010, 04:04:13 PM »

Day 2 of cardiac rehab went well.  Having an audiobook made the time fly and the routine was familiar.  One of the attending nurses was our next-door neighbor, to whom we haven't spoken since Richard visited the city prosecutor about the barking dogs she used to leave out all night.  He discovered that she had a thick file of complaints from us and the neighbors on the other side and behind.  Those dogs eventually died (yes, of natural causes) and the ones she has now don't stay out all night.  She didn't try to kill me on the treadmill and it was all quite civil.

I'm glad your rehab went well and the neighbor was civil. :)

Jane

« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2010, 04:06:36 PM »

I will say that going through the past few weeks has made the working relationship between Edith and I much stronger. That is a very good thing

:)

Jane

« Reply #159 on: August 27, 2010, 04:08:16 PM »

Jesus H Christ! I just opened an envelope from my health insurance to find that in January 2011, my rates are increasing by $130/month! That's horrifying. And infuriating. Fuckin system.
Am facing the same real soon. And still no job prospects. Ugh.

JOB VIBES & HAVING MONEY TO PAY THE INSURANCE BILLS FOR YOU BOTH!!!

Jane

« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2010, 04:23:00 PM »

DR JMK, when are you having a housewarming?

And, will Larry Shoop be there?

Just curious.

We'll have a special HHW housewarming/welcome BK party on November 12.  Anyone is welcome to stay here with us overnight so they can attend the show on November 13.  The more hardy of you may need to sleep on the floor.  We have two pull out couches and a couple of other non-pull out couches where people could sleep.

Thank you for the offer.  I won't know until closer to the event if we can go.  What time on the 13th?

td

• td
« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »

>>>DR TCB<<<
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2010, 04:32:22 PM »

Pianist won't even be here when he originally said, which was 2:30 - now it's three.  Which means I don't eat till 3:15.  I've been pricing out authoring and replicating blu-ray - not as cheap as DVD but not completely horrendous.  If we end up doing this blu-ray thing, we'll also include a DVD in the package, since the cost of doing so is almost negligible.

BK, has this ever been on DVD before or is it the first ever release, at all?

First release.
I was going to guess "Sugar" but not now. That's on CD.

The DVD/Blu-Ray talk is about something wholly other than our CD release.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2010, 04:33:51 PM »

From Matthew:
Speaking of The Brain From Planet X I submitted it for next year's season at the theatre I work at in Palo Alto.  The theme next year is "Gods and Monsters", so we'll see what the Exe says.  We won't know until April 2011, of course.

That's great!  Vibes it is chosen!

Speaking of "The Brain from Planet X," they're having auditions in New Jersey for it at the moment.
http://www.nj.com/forums/theater/index.ssf?artid=121594
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: August 27, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »

Never mind, I see all has been made clear.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2010, 04:34:35 PM »

Back from a sandwich and fries.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »

From Matthew:
Speaking of The Brain From Planet X I submitted it for next year's season at the theatre I work at in Palo Alto.  The theme next year is "Gods and Monsters", so we'll see what the Exe says.  We won't know until April 2011, of course.

That's great!  Vibes it is chosen!

Speaking of "The Brain from Planet X," they're having auditions in New Jersey for it at the moment.
http://www.nj.com/forums/theater/index.ssf?artid=121594

I really wish R&H would keep me apprised of these productions - this one sounds a little odd to me - when they can't even spell my name right, or the names of the two leading characters.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2010, 04:47:12 PM »

I need a great, amazing young gal singer.  Kind of like Juliana A. Hansen (she's not in town), preferably between 18 and 25.  They need to not only be a great singer but also should be able to act a lyric.  This is for the Unsung Musicals show in October.  If anyone has any thoughts about anyone (LA preferable) let me know.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2010, 05:00:34 PM »

Keith found three photos of my father on Ancestry.com.  This one of him on the USC tennis team is my favorite.  He is in the middle of the top row.  I wish the photo were easier to see.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »

Just got the accordion/key 2 book for La Cage and it's the messiest thing I have seen since the parts for Peter Pan  This is going to take some dissection before the read through next Monday eve.  Not to mention dusting off the accordion and trying to remember how to play it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2010, 05:29:10 PM »

Just got a very nice e-mail from a new Billy Barnes fan - they took a chance on our CD and now the fellow is totally in love with Billy's songs.  Who can blame him?

td

• td
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »

There's a bit of weirdness going here on my home front.

Please send out some of those good old-fashioned, all-purpose vibes that HHW is famous for.
Mum, Dixie Bell and I need all the vibes we can get. . .it's not major, but it is rather problematic.

thanks. . . .

Ginny

« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2010, 05:41:47 PM »

Vibes for the household of DR td!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2010, 05:46:57 PM »

Vibes to DR TD and his house
Get Well Vibes DR TCB

All other vibes to those who need them. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2010, 05:47:02 PM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones to td.  And to my darling Michelle Nicastro, who is, sad to say, very ill.  No one deserves to have to go through what she's been through, especially when she is one of the most genuine, dear, sweet caring people ever put on this planet - I know few people who are more human and warm than Michelle and my heart aches for her.

Matthew

« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2010, 05:53:24 PM »

Vibes to Michelle Nicastro. 

bk, I can remember the first time I ever ran into you on the internet, in the #Broadway chatroom on IRC.  I mentioned that I had been trying to get the 3 Michelle Nicastro CD's and none of the stores in the area were carrying them.  You gave me the number for Varese and told me to call them and mention your name and have them send them to me.  When I called Varese, no questions were asked and the CD's were sent.  I still listen to those CD's as they are some of my favorite Disney "covers" I've heard.   

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2010, 05:54:40 PM »

See, I can be a nice guy, despite what some multi-registered types think.

Ginny

« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2010, 06:12:53 PM »

Vibes for Michelle Nicastro!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

td

• td
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2010, 06:17:03 PM »

Very Special HHW Health Vibes to the Dearest Michelle Nicastro.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2010, 06:35:46 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR TCB.

Thanks, John G.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up