Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHERE DID THE TIME GO?  (Read 70207 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WHERE DID THE TIME GO?
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2004, 06:30:48 PM »

Off to dine with Mr. Grant Geissman.  Keep the home fries burning so I have lots of excellent postings to read upon my return.

Danise

« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2004, 06:38:02 PM »

And it's off to bed for me!  Good night all.  Have a nice dinner.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2004, 06:49:18 PM »

DRPANNI drink some 7 UP
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Kerry

« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2004, 07:15:44 PM »

Hi all y'all.  Where DOES the time go?  Have we had Christmas and Hanukah yet ?
I like boat races.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2004, 07:15:53 PM »

Thanks, JR. I'll be fine. (But the smilie was disgustingly cute.)
My life has been somewhat stressful lately, so I think the tummy is more sensitive than usual. Actually, it's always pretty sensitive  - but more so now. (When I was a kid, my mother and I were caught at the Hungarian-Austrian border by the Russkies and thrown into this little country jail in the middle of the night. My reaction to this turn of events was to puke all over the cell. Which eventually got us into a hospital from which we conveniently disappeared. So puking can come in handy sometimes.)
Sorry for the digression.... Anyway, I'm going to take a nice evening walk which should be very therapeutic.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 07:18:12 PM by Panni »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2004, 07:23:03 PM »

Things are bad, folks.....6 minutes of show....6 minutes of commercials....two commercial blocks in the first 21 minutes.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2004, 07:24:44 PM »

Great plan, DRPANNI.

Did see a lot of movie promos tonight.....nothing particularly interesting...except maybe TROY!

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2004, 07:36:02 PM »

DR Danise, I've also never tried grits.

Hmmm, I didn't even realize that "delete" button was there. I had no idea. :(

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2004, 07:36:24 PM »

TROY, the Troy Donohue Story?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2004, 07:38:18 PM »

I did watch Friends. Will talk about it more tomorrow.  I actually was able to watch the clips show at 7pm, followed by Survivor and then the finale.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2004, 07:39:48 PM »

Exactly SWW - finally a movie about something I am interested in.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2004, 07:48:49 PM »

Panni, I’m glad puking was a good thing for once.  Once again thank you for sharing one of your stories.

Bruce congratulations!

We watch Friends, but it is time for the show to end.  I taped the last episode and if I can’t watch it tonight, what do you think the odds are of my waiting until we return from LA without hearing how it ends?

I still haven’t packed.

Goodnight.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2004, 08:06:34 PM »

Very interesting, DR S. Woody. I have seen episodes of all of them and DO feel my life has been enriched by at least the laughter and heart of FRIENDS.

Different strokes, as they say.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2004, 08:09:14 PM »

No real surprises on FRIENDS - and a bit stretched out to fill some time so they could sell LOTS of advertising....but nothing out of character...and a nice way to leave the air.  All shows should have such luck.

The clips show was much more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Tomovoz

« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2004, 08:11:55 PM »

I am indeed most pleased to see a post by DR Kerry.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2004, 08:22:43 PM »

Instead of Friends, we watched a beautiful pitchers' battle between the Mets (Leiter) and Giants (Schmidt).  Bonds came up with men on base more than once and did no damage.  And talk about sweet strokes: Piazza, with two outs in the bottom of the eleventh, hit one just above Bonds' glove and over the fence.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2004, 08:29:15 PM »

I truly enjoyed the FRIENDS finale. I laughed, I cried; exactly what I expect to do when I see a really good episode of the show. I was not disappointed. It was a lovely, wistful finale.

I know they filmed a pilot episode for JOEY last weekend, and on the basis of a couple of tiny clips featured at some point either tonight or last night, I was not encouraged. I love the Joey character, and I hope this spinoff won't ruin my love for that character.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2004, 08:38:18 PM »

Just ate a huge dinner of sausage and peppers and am stuffed to the proverbial gills.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2004, 09:09:47 PM »

Good Evening!

Good matinee today.  Our Abel was out this afternoon, so there was some shuffling in the cast, but everyone did a great job - and it was kind of nice/interesting hearing certain musical lines sung by different voices.

After the matinee, the big question was, "Where to eat?"  I kept debating between a great Chinese place in nearby Chinatown, or a great Middle Eastern mezze place.  I opted for mezze.  So I walked up to Zaytinya, got a seat outside - it was great sitting out in the sun - and supped to my heart's - and my stomach's - content.  What wonderful food!

Since it was mezze, I just ordered a couple of "small plates" as my meal.  Some exquisitely light and flavorful taramasolata (a Greek dip made of fish roe and potatoes), pilde (a sort of "pizza" with haloumi cheese and turkish tomato sauce), and a amazing dish of braised lamb over a "fluff" of pureed eggplant.  YUM!!  Oh, and, of course, the meal comes with these great little "footballs" of warm pita bread which come right from their oven.  Truly one of my favorite meals of all time.  I've eaten here before - and I think I said that the last time too.

Oh, and then came dessert!!  They call it "Turkish Coffee Chocolate".  It consisted of a warm chocolate cake flavored with turkish coffee, surrounded by cardamom-laced whipped cream, drizzled with a reduction of pomegranate and date molasses, and finished off with a few pieces of candied orange peel and sesame seeds.  I wanted to lick the bowl!!!!  It was rich, but not too rich, and just the perfect portion size so that it didn't make me feel overstuffed - especially after the three dishes and bread I had for my "entree".

So...

After that wonderful meal, I walked around downtown DC for a while.  I almost bought some clothes at Banana Republic - instead, I just scouted out some items to keep an eye out for at the end of the season.  -I really BR's black shirts - great for pit wear.  Then I bought some Powerball tickets - Keep your fingers crossed!  205 Million!!!  And then I came across a police barricade...

It may have made the news in your town, but there was another anthrax scare in DC today.  Thankfully, it was just a scare, and the letter and the suspicious white powder was just a really bad "prank", but it was a little disconcerting knowing that it was happening just a block away from the theatre.  Ah, well... today's world... what can you do?... VOTE!!!

But I digress...

Then came a nice nap.  Which was a little hard to do since they started digging out the holes for the new support beams for the new building going up next to the theatre.  Just imagine a hammer pounding on a metal pipe and magnify that sound by about 1000 decibels!  It was quite loud.  However, I did manage to get a few much needed winks, and I was nicely refreshed for the evening show.  And, again, a good show tonight.  -And the pit dancing is coming along nicely.  ;)

And now I'm back at my apartment...

I did not watch the "Friends" finale... and I may end up buying it on DVD next Tuesday.  I haven't seen any of the shows this past season (since I've been playing shows), so...  but it would be nice to see it.  Maybe someone in the show taped it tonight.  I dunno...  But I'm watching Jay Leno's special show tonight with the cast, so...  I guess that counts for something.

DR Danise - Your PDA will only connect to the net if it actually has a wireless card built into it, or if it has a built in cell phone.  So...  Some PDAs come with the software to do so, but you may need an additional piece of hardware - usually a card your slide into some slot - to actually connect to the net.

RE: COCO - As I've mentioned before, when I was doing Sweeney Todd, Christine Baranski mentioned that she was interested in the piece.  And I think she had even talked to Andre Previn about it.  I think she'd be wonderful!

RE:  Page Posts and Page Dances - Yes, even I sometimes do page posts and page dances; and even I get a little "annoyed" sometimes, but that's what the "Page Down" button is for on your computer.  At least on here, it's all in fun.  And that's what to keep in mind.

OK - I need to catch up some other stuff, but I'll check back in before heading to bed.

Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »

Whar'd everybuddy go?  Iz like a ghost town 'round these here parts, pardner.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2004, 09:27:35 PM »

Just watched a strange little film, Don't Bother to Knock, with Miss Marilyn Monroe and Mr. Richard Widmark.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2004, 09:35:07 PM »

Sad to be all alone in the world.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2004, 09:58:35 PM »

Well, I'm still here, bk! (Ah, a Follies reference!)

But, alas, I must get ready for bed, and get my forty winks.  I'm hoping to do some Pilates in the morning - finally!  It will be my first semi-strenuous activity in weeks - well, since I got sick, and now I've gotten better.  So...

Bonne nuit.
Guten Nacht.
Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Evil Twin

« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2004, 10:00:04 PM »

Oh....no one is alone!  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Tomovoz

« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2004, 10:01:34 PM »

How delightful to see DR Evil Twin back at HHW. Don't stay away so long. We may need to know more about td!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2004, 10:06:39 PM »

I have to wuss like a burger tonight, alas.  There's too much to do tomorrow, and I'm three hours ahead of the BK coast.

But I was served an interesting "martini" tonight.  Mango-flavored rum, pomegranite juice, a splash of pineapple juice, garnished with a lime slice.  A luscious red in color, and tasty.

Yes, I know, martinis don't have rum, but in this case I don't care, I liked it.

That's for anyone out there who likes the occasional not-a-real-martini-but-who-cares.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2004, 10:08:49 PM »

Evil Twin, welcome back to the monkey house.

Panni

« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2004, 10:35:33 PM »

Looks like Jose's stomach is back to normal. Good!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2004, 10:44:40 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

Panni

« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2004, 10:53:07 PM »

I was here a few minutes ago - all alone! I think people are in mourning for FRIENDS. That's what I think.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up