Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TWO SMART WOMEN  (Read 11735 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: TWO SMART WOMEN
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2010, 10:37:09 AM »

SUGAR was just dropped off at my mailbox.  I will listen to both discs while I'm washing/scraping/sanding my bay window today.

I thought Sugar was out walking with DR Kerry ;)

Just about what I think every time Sugar is mentioned. :)

What I think of is "smooches."

"Hey!  Give me some sugar, Sugar!"

Except down South, it's "Gimme some shugah, Shugah!"

When I was really little, my mom and one of her lady friends would have fun with me.  My mom would say, "Give Jean (or Mary or whomever) some sugar."  And I would. And then she would say, "I'm jealous. Give me some sugar!"  And I would.  And then her friend would say, "I'm jealous."  And back and forth I'd go,  very frustrated at making everyone jealous.

I remember it to this day!  And THAT's what I think of when I read or hear about "Sugar"!.

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2010, 10:39:53 AM »

Good Afternoon!

And my shower is still drip-drip-dripping... At least the landlord pays the water bill.

Maybe you can take him to civil court to cover your therapy fees after the drip-drip-drip makes you start going insane.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2010, 10:40:10 AM »

Awww...I'm too close to a millstone to stop now.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2010, 10:40:18 AM »

One more should get me closer.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2010, 10:40:24 AM »

Ta and da!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2010, 10:44:29 AM »

And here it is preserved for time and all eternity!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2010, 11:01:49 AM »

Hey everyone.  Man, this weekend was a BEAR!  (and not the good kind :P )   I'll catch up and report more later.

Matthew

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2010, 11:06:58 AM »

Oh my!!  A day and half away from HHW, and I miss one of the most important days of the year!!!

Happy Belated Birthday DR Elmore!!!

Matthew

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »

First SB rehearsal tonight.  Just a little excited!

George

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2010, 11:50:36 AM »

Ok, crazy day has begun.  Vibes would be appreciated....I need a vacation

~~~Continued Vibes...if it's Not Too Late...and Even If It Is!!~~~

George

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2010, 11:51:26 AM »

Anybody gonna watch any of the new or returning show premieres tonight?

I heard that The Event and Lone Star are supposed to be quite good. So i will give them each a chance (although The Event is gonna repeat on Saturday night which is when i'm gonna record it).

Tonight is the premiere of Chuck, Dancing With the Stars, House, Castle, Hawaii Five-O...

One of the actresses in "Lone Star," Eloise Mumford, is from Olympia!  She's done shows at Capital Playhouse and I think their summer children's theater program, "Kids at Play."

Matthew

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2010, 11:55:17 AM »

I don't remember who had the obsession with hotel carpeting, but I was at the Hyatt in Burlingame on Saturday and just knew I had to take a picture of the carpet for HHW.. Here it is!!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2010, 12:17:21 PM »

I don't remember who had the obsession with hotel carpeting, but I was at the Hyatt in Burlingame on Saturday and just knew I had to take a picture of the carpet for HHW.. Here it is!!!

That pattern is called "Venn Diagram."  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2010, 12:18:37 PM »

And here it is preserved for time and all eternity!! ;D

Thanks, George!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »

BRAINEX Indiana Style earned 14 Encore Nominations.......and that may go up to 16, I can't imagine that Scott, the Director, and the choreographer, and maybe the lighting designer will also get nominations (announced at the awards dinner).....

Two of the numbers "Brain Tap" and "I Need an Earthman" were nominated in the Best Musical Number category.

Full list here......you can scroll down to MUSICALS to see them all.

http://www.encoreassociation.net/0910nominations.php
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »

WHEW! Glad that's over.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »

I have to say all the time I spent over the weekend on the numbers really helped.  He was here a couple hours, but we were just chatting part of that time and I was doing consults with clients part of the time.  I still hate these things and am looking forward to fully computerizing my books

Matthew

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »

Maybe I'll make cupcakes....

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »

YUM

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »

I have an appointment and two meetings before I can go home around 8:00PM   DVR is set for DWS

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2010, 02:34:40 PM »

I meant to mention the fourteen noms, which could indeed end up being more.  Very nice!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2010, 02:35:45 PM »

The mystery of the post office - not forty-four dollars but forty-four cents, because the helper inadvertently did postage for a letter rather than a parcel, even though it was in a tiny padded envelope.  It's now on its merry way.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »

Then I went to the engineer's house.  The authors of the show were there, we discussed the nature of how things will proceed from here and what I thought was necessary to make this sound good rather than the muddy mess it currently sounds like.  They then left, and I spent forty-five minutes just working on the band sound - especially the piano and drums - and through some very careful EQ work we got it to sound so much better.  Also, I nuked the guitar tracks completely because they were the culprit in terms of muddying everything up including the vocals.  The guitarist was just playing fuzz pad constantly and it was just awful.  Once that was removed suddenly we had blessed clarity.  Now Grant Geissman will be coming in to lay down some selective guitar passes on certain tracks only, and we're also bringing in a reed player to play on about three or four tracks that will really benefit from some extra color.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2010, 02:39:46 PM »

Then I had a sandwich and no fries, picked up no packages and arranged for a ticket for tonight's MTG presentation of 70 Girls 70.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2010, 02:42:36 PM »

Packaging is approved for our new release.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »

Just received this e-blast which will no doubt be of interest to many:

STEVEN SONDHEIM'S "LOST" TV MUSICAL STARRING ANTHONY PERKINS -- ORIGINALLY BROADCAST ON 'ABC STAGE 67' -- MAKES ITS EAGERLY-ANTICIAPTED DEBUT, AVAILABLE FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME ON ANY FORMAT!

Stephen Sondheim fans rejoice!   Coming this October, available for the first time ever in any format, is the 1966 production of EVENING PRIMOSE, with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, teleplay by James Goldman and direction by Paul Bogart, on digitally restored and remastered DVD, loaded with a goldmine of exclusive extras.  This star-studded "lost" musical, a true gem of a bygone era that was originally broadcast on "ABC Stage 67," debuts on DVD ($29.98 srp) October 26 courtesy of The Archive of American Television Presents, a partnership between Entertainment One and the Archive of American Television, a program of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation.

Based on John Collier's acclaimed short story, this black-and-white classic stars the very young and talented Anthony Perkins (Psycho, The Trial), Dorothy Stickney (The Uninvited, Cinderella), Larry Gates (Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, In The Heat Of The Night) and Charmian Carr (The Sound Of Music) in the story of a poet, who, unable to cope with the pressures from the outside world, hides inside a locked department store.  As night falls, he discovers a group of hermits who have lived there for years.  Among them is the frightened Ella, a young girl who desperately wants to escape.

Loaded with exclusive DVD extras including: a newly recorded video interview with director Paul Bogart; a newly recorded audio interview with Charmian Carr; full color test footage with Anthony Perkins; and a booklet with written contributions by Stephen Sondheim and Jane Klainof the Paley Center, EVENING PRIMROSE is a must-have from the archives for all connoisseurs of the classic American musical.

Format: DVD

Run time: 50 mins. + extras 

Rating : N/A

Price: $29.98 srp

Street: October 26
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2010, 02:56:25 PM »

That is very sweet of you to remember.  By now someone may have mentioned it is DR Laura.

Michael

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »

And Sammy just knocked on my door to inform me that he's going to start the repair in a bit... Which means he'll have to turn off the water to the building... Take out the defective valve... Go up to the Bronx to get the new valve... Come back and replace the valve... Then turn the water back on.  ??? ??? ???

Needless to say, I don't want to be here for any of it.

Laters...

Why doesn't he get the valve first, come back turn the water off, replace the valve, turn the water on again. My way sounds easier :-)
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2010, 03:02:53 PM »

Had me some "sugar" this afternoon and forgot what a joy it could be.
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up