Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DO ELBOWS BLEED?  (Read 10639 times)

KevinH

Re: DO ELBOWS BLEED?
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2010, 04:41:41 PM »

Congratulations, DR George!

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2010, 04:48:05 PM »

BTW (by the way in internet speak) my doctor told me my blood sugars looked great (hurray...and rather suprising) but my cholesterol is way high (and he demanded to know why I stopped taking my cholesterol med...I had some lame excuse for him).

He also said that I am highly vitamin D deficient. Says that might be why I take two hour naps on my days off. I have to pick up some mega-dose prescription of vitamin D. We shall see what it does for me.

I had to do that over the summer. I was also mega deficient.  I took the mega doses but got busy and never went back for the follow up.  So, I'm probably deficient once again.  I'm going to start taking supplements again

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2010, 04:50:57 PM »

D3 pills are so very small & easy to take there is no excuse not to. ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »

Vibes for the B I L of DR JMK....

D Vibes for DR MBARNUM

Congrats to DR GEORGE on taking the next step up the corporate ladder....perhaps we should rename him J Pierpont Finch
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2010, 04:52:03 PM »

Betsy's eldest brother, a doctor, suffered a stroke yesterday.  He was not his own best patient and waited almost the whole day before his wife made him go to the ER.  He's had his MRI but is undergoing a bunch of other tests today.  He can speak pretty well, but has no use of his right hand.

MEGA HEALTH VIBES FOR DW BETSY'S BROTHER!!

DITTO~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2010, 04:53:12 PM »

And in other news...

My second load of laundry is about to go into the dryer. -Now isn't that exciting! ;D

Last night, my cat threw up on my bed...I MUST do laundry tonight. :P

Just had to share.

Today sometime my cat threw up and when I came home I stepped right in it.   Just had to share ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2010, 04:53:26 PM »

Yes DR ELMORE a tragic event......

I am not sure what the laws are in NJ or the home state of the young man - but if anything were to happen to me.....no one could be sued for unlawful death or any other action because as  A SINGLE PERSON WITH NO DEPENDENTS, in Indiana, I am a non-person, except to the Indiana Dept of Revenue.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2010, 04:53:59 PM »

Merlin the Magickal Kat threw up today, too.....must be something in the Cat Universe.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2010, 04:54:28 PM »

I will miss many shows tonight because I will be watching PWOJECT WUNWAY.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2010, 04:56:29 PM »

Jane, why D3?  Is there a difference?

Jane

« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »

And in other news...

My second load of laundry is about to go into the dryer. -Now isn't that exciting! ;D

Last night, my cat threw up on my bed...I MUST do laundry tonight. :P

Just had to share.

Today sometime my cat threw up and when I came home I stepped right in it.   Just had to share ;)

One thing I don't miss about having a cat. ;D

Cilla I hope this isn't the "usual" problem.

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »

I'm really looking forward to Saturday night and the opening night of the Sioux City Symphony season.  Sir James and Lady Jeanne Gallway!  I didn't realize until today that she is also a virtuoso flautist.  This is going to be an incredible concert.   It may just inspire me to get my flute out and play again

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »

Thanks, Kevin!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2010, 05:02:25 PM »

Oh, my cats throw up all the time.  I think Boo is allergic to her treats.  They both get hair balls.  They eat bugs and sometimes I think they just enjoy the experience, lol.  They are both fine. As one of my former vets said  "Cats were made to throw up.  It's just who they are"

George

« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2010, 05:02:44 PM »

Congrats to DR GEORGE on taking the next step up the corporate ladder....perhaps we should rename him J Pierpont Finch

Thanks JRand, but I really do NOT have the coporate ambition of J Pierpont Finch...I'm finally as upwardly mobile as I will ever get.

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2010, 05:04:07 PM »

I don't remember exactly why it works better only that it absolutely does.

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2010, 05:04:20 PM »

Thanks JRand, but I really do NOT have the coporate ambition of J Pierpont Finch...I'm finally as upwardly mobile as I will ever get.

:)

So, how's the view from the top?  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2010, 05:05:01 PM »

I don't remember exactly why it works better only that it absolutely does.

I'll have to check the bottle I just bought

George

« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2010, 05:06:24 PM »

Oh, my cats throw up all the time.  I think Boo is allergic to her treats.  They both get hair balls.  They eat bugs and sometimes I think they just enjoy the experience, lol.  They are both fine. As one of my former vets said  "Cats were made to throw up.  It's just who they are"

Ebonie has usually thrown up about once every couple of months, but since Sunday, she's practically thown up every day. :-\ A couple of people think that it's just hairballs and have recommended something called Petromalt.  I've never heard of it, but Amazon.com sells it.  I'll check to see if Fred Meyer has it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: September 30, 2010, 05:08:28 PM »

You can get treats with hairball remedy in them too.  They work pretty well

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: September 30, 2010, 05:09:04 PM »

In regards to Tyler Clementi's tragic death, I just hope and pray that his family and friends are able to grieve in their own way and in private(!) over the next couple of days and weeks. Sadly, with all of the media attention being paid to the situation - and the circumstances leading up to his death DO deserve attention - I'm afraid they're going to be dealing with microphones and cameras being shoved in their faces whenever they're out in public.

Yes, I hope they are given the privacy they need, but that's what the whole issue is about--privacy. What should be photographed and what shouldn't, what should be made public and what shouldn't. Privacy and tastefulness.

And the related issue of bullying, cyber-bullying in particular.

I hope the family can grieve. But won't the publicity help their cause?  With such a public outcry now hopefully something can be done.

Laura

« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2010, 05:09:28 PM »

So there's one good thing about living in Arizona -- no one here is deficient in Vitamin D.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2010, 05:09:55 PM »

Carroll Baker on the first day of work on HARLOW....the movie featured in the NOTES today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAsj9IfzlKc

Jennifer

« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2010, 05:10:13 PM »

Rain rain go away. IT has been raining all day with no stoppage. And it has been raining really hard.

Jennifer

« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2010, 05:12:34 PM »

And now... I need to get ready for some sort of "secret" dinner being hosted by some sort of "secret society". ??? -It's a fund-raiser for an arts organization, and I'll be my friend's "plus one".  We've already received part one of the invitation. Part two will be be printed on a popsicle stick - after we've finished eating said popsicle. And the dress code for the party proper: a swimsuit and a towel. ???

Laters...

Wow that sounds really interesting.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2010, 05:28:33 PM »

Ebonie has usually thrown up about once every couple of months, but since Sunday, she's practically thown up every day. :-\ A couple of people think that it's just hairballs and have recommended something called Petromalt.  I've never heard of it, but Amazon.com sells it.  I'll check to see if Fred Meyer has it.

You can find Petromalt almost anywhere or one of the similar products under different names (I bet your vet even sells something) .  Finding the brand & flavor your cat likes best is the trick.   I gave it to my cats all the time. 

Furballs are distinctive looking.  Did you describe what sounded like a furball the people?  Do you brush Ebony on a regular basis?  This is also important to do even with a short haired cat.

Jane

« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2010, 05:29:49 PM »

So there's one good thing about living in Arizona -- no one here is deficient in Vitamin D.

Not if they use sunblock ;)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2010, 05:30:55 PM »

I would love more information about D deficiency causing fatigue.  I have been arguing with both my doctor and my naturopath about my constant fatigue.  My family has a history of low thyroid, which is what I assume this is, though my blood tests come back relatively normal.  I wonder if I need D?  What doses should I be taking?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2010, 05:33:37 PM »

You can get treats with hairball remedy in them too.  They work pretty well

I noticed some of those on Amazon, also.  I'll have to look around.  There are a couple of pets stores locally and I'll see what I can find.

George

« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2010, 05:35:36 PM »

You can find Petromalt almost anywhere or one of the similar products under different names (I bet your vet even sells something) .  Finding the brand & flavor your cat likes best is the trick.   I gave it to my cats all the time. 

Furballs are distinctive looking.  Did you describe what sounded like a furball the people?  Do you brush Ebony on a regular basis?  This is also important to do even with a short haired cat.

No, I have not been brushing her on a regular basis. ::)

I have a brush.  I just need to find it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up