Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BACKWARDS NOTES  (Read 9732 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE BACKWARDS NOTES
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2010, 11:50:24 AM »

DR ELMORE - the Dream O Matic 6000 says that your dream is about your feelings of being stabbed in the back and hindered for doing your job well, and that knowing more than others makes you a target.

DR td - your dream shows lack of confidence in your doctors or perhaps feelings that they are treating only a portion of your symptoms, also a change is in order for your life, though you are not sure what it is.

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.

Wow! DR JRand60, that's an amazing analysis. I have to say that while your analysis was something I'd never reach (I aways fear it's a premonition), there is much truth to your comments on several of my jobs.

And don't dress as a policeman for Halloween.

I leave all uniform fetishes to DR MBarnum. I'm sure there's a scholarly tome!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2010, 11:51:14 AM »

!!!! Page 4 !!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2010, 11:53:52 AM »

DR EDISAURUS I am sure you will have a big audience....and do well onstage!

Thank you JRand, but seriously...my brain and tongue freeze and I can hardly form a coherent sentence. And it's too early to start drinking! :-)

So any and all vibes for travel and eloquence would be greatly appreciated!

It's not too early to start drinking.  It's already October.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2010, 11:55:23 AM »

Thunder!

Nice cat avatar, DR CILLA LIZ!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2010, 11:57:03 AM »

DR RP gave a precise summation of PWOJECT WUNWAY......I am hoping Gretchen goes home this week, but April's same dress every week is also getting boring.

I think Tim's comment about "not returning to the show" was about Chris' model who had a family emergency......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2010, 11:58:02 AM »

GLEE had some good songs last night and a couple of performances that grated......but it's because the performer involved is so annoying......not the character.....the performer.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2010, 12:24:07 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I watched Act One of SOUTH PACIFIC last night. What a fine production! Wonderful voices! Thanks again, George.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2010, 12:25:20 PM »

FEEL-BETTER VIBES TO DR JOHNG.

Continued health vibes to DR TD.

REEELLLLLAXXXATION vibes to DR EDISAURUS.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »

DR cillaliz, Little Ricky has got me very much wanting a kitten, which I cannot do, so you need to post more photos of him.

I'll take some more photos tonight, or maybe even this noon.    I did have some very good news, he is negative for feline leukemia.  So, we don't have to worry about that.   I've decided to quit worrying about the athlete's elbow (sounds better than rignworm) which I'm beginning to believe it really is.  If I get it I get it.   I'll keep him isolated and try to keep the girls away from him, but beyond that, I'm not going to worry anymore, just deal with it.  

That Little Ricky is looking more and more like our DR Cillaliz every day!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2010, 12:28:18 PM »

BOOK-SIGNING VIBES to BK!

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2010, 12:30:54 PM »

Of interest to some DRs, perhaps, and certainly a good value at 6 Warner Bros movies for under $18.00. THE SMILING GHOST alone is worth the price, IMHO.

http://www.wbshop.com/WB-Horror-Mystery-Double-Features-6-movies/1000180248,default,pd.html?cgid=ARCHIVEPRE&AID=10280984&PID=3792338

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2010, 12:31:58 PM »

thanks DR DRUXY.

Matt Monro - what a terrific singer!!!

I agree. I was introduced to his recordings by the wonderful Judy Haring, who owned Associated Music the company that printed beautful music paper. Judy's late husband Robert was a music copyist who worked for Robert Russell Bennett and Hershy Kay.

But I digress. Did you know that Matt Monro was one of the boyfriends of British physique photographer John Barrington, the man who discovered and uncovered John Hamill, DR MBarnum?

Barrington discovered MBARNUM? And here I thought HHW discovered him.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »

What a deal, DR MBARNUM!!!   I already ordered the Allison Hayes movies.....so this one may have to wait.

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2010, 12:51:11 PM »

Thunder!

Nice cat avatar, DR CILLA LIZ!

It's Little Ricky!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2010, 01:32:17 PM »

GLEE had some good songs last night and a couple of performances that grated......but it's because the performer involved is so annoying......not the character.....the performer.

Hmmmm....it's not Artie, is it?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2010, 01:49:28 PM »

Ron, I didn't ask.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2010, 01:50:12 PM »

Back from bacon and eggs, and a visit to the Gap and Banana Republic for my once every two or three years buying of some pants and a few shirts.

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2010, 02:05:01 PM »

Back from CR and a little outing with my Mom.  She's very skittish around me - I think she expects me to keel over at any moment.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2010, 02:26:51 PM »

GEORGE-

Received THE package

The Transfer is Great

I Thank You Greatly

There Should be Something Coming Your Way Pretty Soon

You're welcome and I can't wait! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2010, 02:28:31 PM »

DR George!! Thank you SO MUCH for the deeveedees! Can't wait to share them with my peeps!

And you're welcome!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2010, 02:31:29 PM »

DR George, your packet arrived! Thanks!! I shall have some fun viewing this weekend!

And now there is a packet on it's way to you!

You're welcome, too!  And thank you, too!

Michael

« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2010, 02:53:32 PM »

ASK BK

Have there been any theater pieces (play/musical) that you saw in previews and really liked, but by the time they opened turned out really bad?

Along these same lines:

A movie seen in a sneak preview but ruined by tinkering due to audience comments

Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2010, 03:19:52 PM »

I've had an hour walk up Columbus Avenue to 94th Street, across 94th to Broadway and down Broadway to home, with a stop at the market. I want to catch TOP CHEF: JUST DESSERTS tonight for last week's rerun of Seth Caro's meltdown and departure. He was giving the term "high maintenance" new depths

I've also packed up and sealed up the final six cartons of books, scores and CDs to go to Ohio. I can't be around all day any other day this week, and next week I'm in the recording sessions, so my best day to ship them off is Friday, Oct 29. I'll just let them set in a corner till then. Who knows? I may have a seventh carton by then!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2010, 03:19:54 PM »

ASK BK

Have there been any theater pieces (play/musical) that you saw in previews and really liked, but by the time they opened turned out really bad?

Along these same lines:

A movie seen in a sneak preview but ruined by tinkering due to audience comments

Not really.  The sneak previews (and I saw a lot of 'em) were all helped by any post preview work - the two that benefitted the most was the first of the Pink Panther revivals in the early 70s (huge changes) and The Sandpiper (a third of the film was reshot).   I really haven't seen enough musicals in previews to be able to speak with any authority.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2010, 03:20:50 PM »

Here's the alternate ending to "Little Shop of Horrors," which I thought more alive (better?) than the rest of the movie.

http://www.bluegobo.com/content/production.php?var=2883457
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2010, 03:42:10 PM »

Here's the alternate ending to "Little Shop of Horrors," which I thought more alive (better?) than the rest of the movie.

It's actually the original ending from the movie, isn't it? The preview audiences didn't like Audrey and Seymour dying so it was redone. I prefer it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2010, 03:45:52 PM »

I think we'll have at least four people at the signing tonight.  I'm not so happy with my LA denizens right now - and they will RUE the day, oh, yes, they will RUE the day, especially those who live in close proximity to the bookshop, those very same people who always use the Glendale excuse for not showing up there.

Michael

« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2010, 03:48:48 PM »

A prime example of not going with your gut. This is how the show ended on the stage. Of course a little more elaborate for film

It's actually the original ending from the movie, isn't it? The preview audiences didn't like Audrey and Seymour dying so it was redone. I prefer it.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2010, 03:51:24 PM »

DR ELMORE - the Dream O Matic 6000 says that your dream is about your feelings of being stabbed in the back and hindered for doing your job well, and that knowing more than others makes you a target.

DR td - your dream shows lack of confidence in your doctors or perhaps feelings that they are treating only a portion of your symptoms, also a change is in order for your life, though you are not sure what it is.

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.

Wow! DR JRand60, that's an amazing analysis. I have to say that while your analysis was something I'd never reach (I aways fear it's a premonition), there is much truth to your comments on several of my jobs.

That's why I get paid the BIG BUCKS.

Jrand, perhaps you should start collecting your fee before you give your analysis.  You might be very wealthy by now.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2010, 03:57:11 PM »

They also didn't like the black and white, so it was colorized, too. Both failed to get what the movie was supposed to be. Would love to see the whole movie with the original ending in black and white.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up