Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MY OPENING SALVO  (Read 9523 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: MY OPENING SALVO
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2010, 03:51:34 PM »

PAGE FOUR
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2010, 03:52:01 PM »

Back from the LACC event - there'd been some weird miscommunication and they all thought I was somehow just going to hold court for an hour all by my lonesome.  So, we fixed that right away - one of the faculty, a great guy named Les Ferriera, moderated, asked questions and then we did a Q&A.  It was really fun, and got really funny by the end, when I sang a snippet of Dancing Dildos and demonstrated the choreography.  I gave away fifteen books to the students who got there fast enough, then signed for a while.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »

Then I went to lunch with Doug Haverty - he's now designing a completely new site for LACCTAA, so I had to give him some materials.  We went to Mo's and I had a bacon cheeseburger and some cole slaw.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2010, 03:53:18 PM »

Then I picked up no mail and no packages, and now I'm home.  All packages were shipped this morning.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »

Cilla, Things Keep Looking Up Vibes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2010, 03:54:37 PM »

Then I went to lunch with Doug Haverty - he's now designing a completely new site for LACCTAA, so I had to give him some materials.  We went to Mo's and I had a bacon cheeseburger and some cole slaw.

Yum, that burger sounds good.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2010, 03:59:13 PM »

TCB, we  had rain during the early morning hours here. It has been sunny / dark-and-cloudy off and on all day today. It's been great.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2010, 04:01:12 PM »

My friends said the thunder was so bad the other night that they couldn't sleep.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2010, 04:04:56 PM »

We are off now on a mission of mercy for my mother - to buy Scotch and deliver it to her.  She's been out for a while and says she can't sleep without it.  Who's gonna argue with someone who turns 92 next month?

I probably won't be back until after my book group meeting tonight - bye for now!

I say let them drink Scotch!

Laura

« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2010, 04:05:46 PM »

We didn't have anything like that recently. We get that kind of thing in July and August.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2010, 04:06:11 PM »

We are off now on a mission of mercy for my mother - to buy Scotch and deliver it to her.  She's been out for a while and says she can't sleep without it.  Who's gonna argue with someone who turns 92 next month?

I probably won't be back until after my book group meeting tonight - bye for now!

I say let them drink Scotch!

Even when I drank, I couldn't stand the taste of scotch.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »

And on the happiest note of all, two of my clients who were previously considered to be in the country illegally got their green cards today!!   One is a 16 year old artist.  I took the case pro bono and he's going to paint me something as payment.   He won an art contest here, so who knows...

Congrats and great news!  And please post a picture of the picture when you get it! :D

He said he wants to get a good canvas.  I told him there's a spot over my desk. So, whatever it is, it will hang over my desk, at least for awhile.   

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2010, 04:06:50 PM »

We didn't have anything like that recently. We get that kind of thing in July and August.

How far away is Vegas from you?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2010, 04:07:38 PM »

And on the happiest note of all, two of my clients who were previously considered to be in the country illegally got their green cards today!!   One is a 16 year old artist.  I took the case pro bono and he's going to paint me something as payment.   He won an art contest here, so who knows...

Congrats and great news!  And please post a picture of the picture when you get it! :D

He said he wants to get a good canvas.  I told him there's a spot over my desk. So, whatever it is, it will hang over my desk, at least for awhile.   

Maybe he will offer to paint you in the nude!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2010, 04:08:30 PM »

Had a nice IV with Darin Brooks.  There may be a major new film musical in the works, but more I cannot say at this time.
We can always use a good one.

Well, I didn't say it was going to be good.   ;D

You had a nice IV?  I didn't know you were in the hospital ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2010, 04:08:40 PM »

Will Cilla be in the nude...or will he be in the nude??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »

I could tell that my mom had been watching Fox news when she told me how angry she was at the government.

I asked her what she was so angry about. She said that she didn't like the government telling her what she could and could not do. I asked her what was it that she wanted to do that the government would not allow her to do. She couldn't think of anything and then she got mad at me.

I tried to help her out by asking if it was that she just wanted to be able to murder someone, or take dope, or run red lights, or what.

She didn't talk to me for a whole week.

LOL!! This is the best laugh I've had all day

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »

No, I'm not posing for a 16 year old

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2010, 04:12:23 PM »

Great client news from DR CILLA LIZ.....

DR MBARNUM do not annoy your mother- they never forget.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »

and I don't want to see a nude 16 year old

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2010, 04:13:16 PM »

WINDS OF WAR.....I forgot about that one.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2010, 04:14:12 PM »

Tonight Mr Tim Gunn visits the four finalists in their hometowns and sees how their collections are coming along....and then they come back to NYC - the final three is chosen.....I hope.

Next week is the finale, I think....so we shall see.

PWOJECT WUNWAY.

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2010, 04:14:38 PM »

Tonight I need to go to the quarterly placard meeting.  It's where they decide the fate of the red tagged houses.  I actually find it fascinating to see the photos of the condition of the houses.   There was one that was a hoarder last April. By July the family had come in and helped clean up.  The before and after were amazing. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2010, 04:15:40 PM »

DR JMK is writing a new musical - I think it is going to be  combination of JERSEY BOYS and THE HISTORY BOYS called

The Jersey Goys.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2010, 04:15:51 PM »

No, I'm not posing for a 16 year old

Well, don't let him pose for you!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2010, 04:16:17 PM »

Boo seems to be most jealous tonight.  Perhaps I should take her to the Vet next week to get her chip.  Since that's where the other two have been going.  Or I could give her a bath lol.  Maybe then she'd be happy that her "mom" time consists of sleeping on my lap every evening.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2010, 04:16:22 PM »

Tonight I need to go to the quarterly placard meeting.  It's where they decide the fate of the red tagged houses.  I actually find it fascinating to see the photos of the condition of the houses.   There was one that was a hoarder last April. By July the family had come in and helped clean up.  The before and after were amazing. 

Maybe you will meet DR GINNY coming back from her Book Meeting.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2010, 04:16:44 PM »

MR BK did the DD dance in front of a college audience.

NPR will probably fire him.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »

Thanks for the vibes.   Actually there was lots of good news today.  Ricky has to stay isolated for a couple more weeks, but the vet doesn't think we need to do the pills.  She said it isn't that bad of a case.  Since the pills have bad side effects, this is more good news. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2010, 04:19:54 PM »

OK, time to go. I think it will be fast food for dinner and then off to the placard meeting.  Not too many on the list tonight....and most have recommendations for deferrals for 90 days, so it should be a quick meeting
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up