Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: PORTLAND STORIES  (Read 16322 times)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
Re: PORTLAND STORIES
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2010, 11:10:44 PM »

Goodnight.  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »

Time to fold the laundry.

Laters...

That's what I did today, too. 6 loads. After traveling and having a houseguest, it really piled up.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »

Fortunately, the laundry was almost empty. And I can filch free wi-fi there from next door at The New Order, Atlanta's oldest gay bar. (And I think that also applies to the clientele.) :-)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2010, 11:17:21 PM »

They are having a One Creek event today. 35% off your total order.  And there were a lot of mark downs.  I was amazed at how much I saved.  Man, I LOVE a sale!! :D

I love that store, too. Maybe I should get some Do-Mi-Do duds for our LA opening next week!

Edisaurus

« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2010, 11:18:09 PM »

Ha-ha-ha-ha-happy Birthday to ha-ha-ha-ha Richard!!!

Sam

« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2010, 11:20:17 PM »

Just a small reply to bk.

;)   I'M ALWAYS CLUELESS. 
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Edisaurus

« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2010, 11:20:57 PM »

Congrats on the book sales, Druxy! I have friends who usually go to that; I'll have to check and see if they're going this year and send them your way!

Edisaurus

« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2010, 11:24:57 PM »

Oh Ginny!  I'd love to go to a Coldwater outlet store

Well, it's about halfway between here and Columbus.  In fact, I just had to discard a blazer that I bought there 10 years ago on my way to a library conference.  I remember when it was because I'd sit in my hotel room and watch the 2000 election fiasco unfold during lunch breaks and in the evenings.

Ginny, if you feel the urge to drive to Columbus tomorrow, you can see JEWS AND BASEBALL!

http://www.cjfilmfest.org/festival/films.html#7

Edisaurus

« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2010, 11:27:31 PM »

I wonder how many Halloween smarties make one real chocolate bar. I was going to ask anyone if they knew how many smarties there were in a regular size packet. But then I just realized that nobody here probably even knows what smarties are.  Which is very weird to me because it is one of the most popular chocolates in Canada. It's basically like M+Ms, except all different colors and not as round. I love these.

The little Halloween packs have 10-11 in each one. So I figure if I eat 3 or4 it must be similar to a regular size box. :)

We have Smarties here in the states, but they're different; more like a roll of little Sweet Tarts:

http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Smarties-160-pieces-unit/dp/B000PD5G5G

Edisaurus

« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2010, 11:31:05 PM »

JMK, I hope you feel better soon! And I hope I get over my whatever-sinus thingy before flying to LA.

Edisaurus

« Reply #220 on: November 13, 2010, 11:33:07 PM »

TOD: Dead of Winter
Don't Look Now
The Tenant
Tourist Trap
Motel Hell
Them!

Edisaurus

« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2010, 11:33:32 PM »

Larry, congrats on soon being oaf-less!

Edisaurus

« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »

Cilla and Jose are making me want dessert. *sigh*

Edisaurus

« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2010, 11:34:37 PM »

I think I'll go have some TherafluŽ for dessert...

Sam

« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2010, 11:46:22 PM »

A very late happy 10th anniversary HHW.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2010, 11:50:55 PM »

Love all the wonderful pictures of the gathering!

Sam

« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2010, 11:54:58 PM »

Nice review for the Kritzerland show at the Gardenia.
 ;)

Sam

« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2010, 11:59:38 PM »

Well that's it for me.  Will catch up more tomorrow.

Need to be up early for a 7am AA meeting.  Down the street,  found it by asking why everyone parking their cars were up so early ;D.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2010, 12:04:29 AM »

Back from the event and the pre and post dinners.  I had planned to eat very lightly at the pre dinner, so I had a BLTA, fries (small amount) but then had to try their peanut butter pie, which was yummilicious.  But this place had so many things that I love and I'm afraid at the post show dinner I ate an obscene amount of food and I shan't eat anything over 1000 calories for the next week so I can get rid of this.  I had biscuits and gravy (2), two eggs, hashed brown potatoes loaded with sour cream and cheese, and bacon. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2010, 12:09:40 AM »

The event could not have gone better.  We had a really nice crowd.  JMK was a perfect moderator - we started out by showing the acting clip reel and boy did that go over well - lots o' laughs and really fun.  Then they introduced me.  It was very relaxed - the first thing out of my mouth was "It's really hard to follow yourself forty years later."  There were lots o' stories, a lot of nice, big laughs, and the Opening Numbers song went as good as it's ever gone.  What a wonderful audience we had.  The second clip reel just went on way too long (I'd been told two ten-minute clip reels, which is exactly what I delivered) - the acting one was fine, but the writing/directing one was five minutes too long.  But the best thing about the second clip reel was that it began with three scenes from The Creature Wasn't Nice, and the laughs were so huge - it was really gratifying, especially I Want To Eat Your Face.  We could have stopped right there.  We never had time for the second song or questions, which was too bad, but we were just having way too much fun.

After, I sold a lot of books, which was also fun.  In fact, I wished I'd brought the Kritzer books, too, as we would have done well with them.  All in all, a perfect evening.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2010, 12:10:29 AM »

Must hurry and write the notes because I'm going to the airport earlier than planned to save Betsy having to make a second trip.  So, we leave at six-fifteen instead of seven-thirty.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up