Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SILENT NIGHT  (Read 43039 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SILENT NIGHT
« on: December 22, 2010, 12:15:51 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were silent and written at night, and now it is time for you to post until the silent cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: SILENT NIGHT
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 12:16:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: CALIGINOUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 12:17:10 AM »

Welcome six GUESTS.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 12:41:09 AM »

I'm reading these here notes on a couch at my dad's house in the mountains. I got the orientation about how to get him settled for the evening ...took several hours after dinner to do everything so even more respect goes to my stepmom for doing this as long as she did.

I very much want to thank all for their condolences...it means a lot right now.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 12:45:22 AM »

Allergies are killing me what with 6 cats and a huge dog and family who chainsmoke. I am going to have to figure out a solution to that to be able to sleep here 2 or 3 nights a week.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 12:47:15 AM »

Greg said that a package arrived today from Larry. He didn't open it but I'm betting it's something yummy!

Edisaurus

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 12:51:15 AM »

The big dog here,  a great pyrenese, is moping around. Her friend, the other dog, disappeared 2weeks ago and now she can't understand why mom's not here.

Edisaurus

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 12:52:14 AM »

But the cats seem ok...

Michael

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 02:46:09 AM »

First of all I am shocked to hear that Blake Edwards passed away! I hadn't heard about this! He was one of my favorite directors!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 02:47:05 AM »

OKAY NOW

Good morning everyone
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 02:49:04 AM »

ASK BK
efore
I usually think of a question a few days before ask BK day but forget what it was by the name the day arrive but...........

today I remember what it was.

How did you decide to pair the Whispers and Equus together? They do not have the same theme like Westerns (The Unforgiven/The Way West) or the same composer like Bernard Herrman (A Christmas Carol and A hild Is Born) or the same director/star (The Apartment/The Fortune Cookie) So what is the connection that I do not see?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:00:20 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 03:23:04 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ginny

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 04:27:25 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  We got home late last night from a lovely dinner at Cincinnati's University Club for our friends who are moving to South Carolina.  Richard and I did Christmas errands both on the way there and the way home.  I woke up about half an hour ago, thinking about all that still has to be done, so thought it best just to get up and get started.  First task this morning - gingerbread dough!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 05:21:48 AM »

Yes it is morning.  And early mornnig, too.   It is not raining at the moment, so I shall take this opportunity to take Sugar for a walk (even though I'd much rather stay in where it is warm and cozy).
I like boat races.

Laura

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 05:30:29 AM »

Good morning. It is dark and soggy here. Outside, that is.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 05:43:27 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept fitfully again, and I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I have much to accomplish so I had no choice. For the first time in over two weeks, I actually have money in my bank account and I have bills to pay, a barber to call about a possible haircut today, a comforter to purchase, grocery shoppng, and gift wrapping for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day do's.

Perhaps I will finally get in the holiday spirit. I've certainly been playing enough holiday albums!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Happy Healthy Holiday Vibes to All the DRs! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 06:00:46 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 05:58:08 AM »

The Ohio Valley is experiencing "frozen fog" this morning.  Glad I'm not driving in it, but it's pretty to look at out the window!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 06:30:56 AM »

I've called the barber; my appointment is for 10am, Christmas Eve. He's busy today and my schedule is a mess tomorrow. It will be nice to have an excuse to see the Radio City Christmas tree and play a bit in midtown.

I guess I will head to the NYPL late this morning and play with the Historic Newspapers Online, visit with staff friends and see what I learn.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 06:32:15 AM »

How are you feeling Larry? Is the cold slowly working itself out?

Ben

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 06:34:18 AM »

The doctor just called. I'm seeing him December 30th at which time we will assess my progress post-hospital. I will be done with my meds by then and perhaps I can eat something on New Year's Eve.

I will see the doctor again in late February/early March to talk about the appendectomy.

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 06:34:23 AM »

Gingerbread dough is chilling, dishwasher is running, some desk work is done, and I'm about to get ready for my 11am haircut appointment.

Jennifer

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 06:35:23 AM »

Yesterday DR Jane wrote re: the spiderman accident:

After listening to the reporter on the video I can understand DR Jennifer's conclusion.  It doesn't show how far the person fell

Well from the video you can't really tell how far he fell or what he fell on.  But what I wrote was more based on a doctor/or EMT who was in the audience. And he had reported on what the EMTs did at the scene.  He said they didn't rush him out ...

Ben

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2010, 06:35:38 AM »

Dear Amy, much love to you at this very difficult time. We look at our tree and think of your kind and happy face. I hope you're surviving. Know that we think of you often and send all the virtual hugs that will fly to Georgia.

Jennifer

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2010, 06:38:51 AM »

DR Jane I have been typing with my left hand and my thumb and ring finger of my right hand. It's awkward but it seems to be working.

Jennifer

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 06:42:25 AM »

Thanks for the updates re: the spiderman guy who fell.  Hopefully he will make a full recovery! ~~~~

Sorry to hear about Marcia Lewis.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2010, 06:53:11 AM »

How are you feeling Larry? Is the cold slowly working itself out?

DR Ben, I thought things were improving, but I talked on the phone to JoAnn about 15 minutes ago, and I started whooping and coughing up a blue streak. Who knows?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2010, 06:55:12 AM »

I'm reading these here notes on a couch at my dad's house in the mountains. I got the orientation about how to get him settled for the evening ...took several hours after dinner to do everything so even more respect goes to my stepmom for doing this as long as she did.

I very much want to thank all for their condolences...it means a lot right now.

{{{{ Amy! }}}

Ben

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2010, 06:56:43 AM »

I just watched the signing of the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. What a great day. I don't know what will come in the new Congress but something significant finally happened and I am glad.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2010, 07:02:04 AM »

And the word of the day is: CALIGINOUS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  MISTY

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2010, 07:21:08 AM »

Sending thoughts and additional prayers to DR EDISAURUS and her family today.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up