Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SILENT NIGHT  (Read 43045 times)

Ginny

Re: SILENT NIGHT
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 07:36:27 AM »

Off to drop Richard at the Historical Society and then to have my hair cut - bye for now!

But here's page 2...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 07:36:31 AM »

And Welcome to Page 2

Ben

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 07:37:26 AM »

I NEED a haircut. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I may go out and get one. I don't think I can afford to have Yuri come to the apartment and do it. We shall see.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 07:53:51 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 07:54:21 AM »

Sorry to hear about your daughter not being able to make it to LA, bk.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 07:54:49 AM »

I always loved the cockroach shot in "Victor/Victoria" for the same reason.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 07:55:20 AM »

It's rainy and misty here in San Antonio, but thankfully it's not cold.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 07:56:25 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Happy Healthy Holiday Vibes to All the DRs! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What he said.
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 08:29:47 AM »

DR JMK, and any other Netflix viewers, here is the listing of the streaming movies/tv shows:

http://instantwatcher.com/titles/new

This page shows you what has just been added, and you can check it daily to see what is what and  what is new!

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2010, 08:30:14 AM »

DR Ben, so glad that you are recoving nicely! Have a happy haircut!

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2010, 08:30:31 AM »

DR Edisaurus, additional vibes sent your way!!!!!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 08:32:53 AM »

RE: Netflix streaming...I talked ot my buddy Jim last night and he bough some small contraption from Apple which plugs into his TV and allows him to stream Netflix movies from the internet via wireless conection from his computer.

After the first of the year I think I will be getting one of these...he said it was only $99. He has been watching streaming movies from Netflix all week long, he says.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 08:42:12 AM »

Oy vey, our "perfect tenants" are turning into problem children as they move out.  They chose to buy a new house when they were only 6 months into this lease, we have bent over backwards to help them out, letting them out of the lease early, etc., and all they are doing is complaining about how expensive things like the mailbox repair and cleaning people are.  Shouldn't have bought a new house then, is all I can say.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 08:43:29 AM »

Re:  Netflix.  It's also a free application (if you subscribe to Netflix) on the PS3.  That's what we watch it "through."

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 09:02:09 AM »

Guess we're heading to Phoenix for a few days at the first of the year.  The DP has been and I have not.  We are going to get away and to visit a friend of his.  Anything exciting there I shouldn't miss?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 09:07:10 AM »

Let them complain DR JMK.....it gets to be entertaining after awhile.

And remember what Lana Turner said:

THE SURVIVORS - her television series was being canceled after 13 episodes and she was contracted to perform in 26 episodes. The producer went to her dressing room to talk to her about not paying her for the episodes that would not be filmed.

Lana was trying on different belts with an outfit and looking in a three way full length mirror as she did so. She listened to the producer as he made his plea, but never took her eyes off the mirror.

He finished and waited.  Lana waited a bit and then said: "I expect every LAST dime from the contract, but thank you for thinking I might not."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 09:34:47 AM »

I remember THE SURVIVORS.  How old does that make me?  (Don't answer that).  ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 09:46:03 AM »

Almost as old as I am.

JMK

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2010, 09:58:24 AM »

Almost as old as I am.

That's not possible.   ;D

JMK

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 09:59:18 AM »

I believe that was the same year that ABC had the two 45 minute shows on Monday before THE SURVIVORS, THE MUSIC SCENE and THE NEW PEOPLE.  I loved, loved, loved both of those shows.  THE NEW PEOPLE was one of my faves.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »

The each lasted about as long as THE SURVIVORS.....The New People sort of reminds me of LOST.

JMK

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2010, 10:12:08 AM »

Yep, they were canceled mid-season, too, couldn't compete with LAUGH-IN.  I believe BK may have worked with THE NEW PEOPLE's Tiffany Bolling at some point.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »

ASK BK
efore
I usually think of a question a few days before ask BK day but forget what it was by the name the day arrive but...........

today I remember what it was.

How did you decide to pair the Whispers and Equus together? They do not have the same theme like Westerns (The Unforgiven/The Way West) or the same composer like Bernard Herrman (A Christmas Carol and A hild Is Born) or the same director/star (The Apartment/The Fortune Cookie) So what is the connection that I do not see?

There is no theme between them, other than I thought they worked together musically - both have a certain sadness and melancholy. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2010, 10:40:04 AM »

Had a very good night's sleep and am now up.  The rain seems to have stopped and although the sky is gray it seems like light is trying to break through.  And it is.  So, maybe we're done with the rain, although the weather pundits said it wouldn't stop until Friday.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2010, 10:42:24 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I need to remember to take the "Dream Comfort" bed-topper off the bed... Not so Dream-y nor Comfort-able to/for me.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2010, 10:50:29 AM »

~~~~~CONTINUED VIBES OF COMFORT AND CONSOLATION TO DR EDISAURUS AND HER FAMILY~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2010, 11:30:58 AM »

I've been to the library and I got back to discover a gift sitting at my door that put me into a fantastic holiday mood. At first I thought it was a wrong item delivered by mistake, but after reading the invoice and gift message, I found the holiday spirit and good cheer I've been missing the past week. This gift, and having money in the bank again for a change, are great restorers of my faith in humanity and the value of friendship. I am very moved today by turns of events.

Now, if I could only shake this damned cold, I could conquer the world! There's always a loophole.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »

My questions for Ask BK Day:

Dear BK,
I am filling out my wildlife holding permit renewal form, and there is a place that asks for the "Disposition" of my fish. How should I answer that?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2010, 11:56:29 AM »

My questions for Ask BK Day:

Dear BK,
I am filling out my wildlife holding permit renewal form, and there is a place that asks for the "Disposition" of my fish. How should I answer that?

What is their disposition today? Are your fish happy or fiesty? Moody? Bewildered? My disposition is quite cheerful.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2010, 12:22:37 PM »

I got a cranky phone call from my younger brother who was miffed because I didn't sent a present down for his ex-fiance's daughter (from his ex's first marriage)

My brother and this gal broke up a year ago. They did manage to have two kids together during their living in sin years (both are toddlers and I sent down presents for them) before she wised up and dumped him.

Dan (my brother) thinks I should have sent a present for Erika (his ex-s daughter) because he still thinks of Erika as his own daughter.

Well, how was I to know...I talk to my brother Dan maybe once a year, if even that, and he is lucky I send presents to the rest of his offspring (he has two adult kids from his first marriage) and all of their kids. Now he expects me to keep buying gifts for the kids of every floozy he hooks up with?!

How is that for my Christmas spirit, DR Elmore! LOL!

PS: I have never in my entire life gotten so much as a Christmas card or Birthday card from this brother or his kids...ever.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up