Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SILENT NIGHT  (Read 43053 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: SILENT NIGHT
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »

What is it, fish?  My fish have excellent disposition.

Laura

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2010, 12:39:14 PM »

Have any of them ever sent you a Christmas gift, MBarnum?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2010, 12:39:51 PM »

My middle sister has NEVER sent so much as a card to either of my kids for their birthdays, Channukah, Christmas, anything.  I helped raise both of her kids.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2010, 12:42:30 PM »

Family life can be such a minefield, DR MBarnum.  Especially when there are ex's involved...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2010, 12:51:52 PM »

I got a cranky phone call from my younger brother who was miffed because I didn't sent a present down for his ex-fiance's daughter (from his ex's first marriage)

My brother and this gal broke up a year ago. They did manage to have two kids together during their living in sin years (both are toddlers and I sent down presents for them) before she wised up and dumped him.

Dan (my brother) thinks I should have sent a present for Erika (his ex-s daughter) because he still thinks of Erika as his own daughter.

Well, how was I to know...I talk to my brother Dan maybe once a year, if even that, and he is lucky I send presents to the rest of his offspring (he has two adult kids from his first marriage) and all of their kids. Now he expects me to keep buying gifts for the kids of every floozy he hooks up with?!

How is that for my Christmas spirit, DR Elmore! LOL!

PS: I have never in my entire life gotten so much as a Christmas card or Birthday card from this brother or his kids...ever.

Mikey, I am so proud of you! At which Piggly-Wiggly did you find those cujones sitting next to the trashy DVDs of 5 for $1.00? That store might revolutionize Salem!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2010, 12:52:43 PM »

MBarnum, I believe it is time for you to let the family know that you are no longer able to send gifts.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2010, 12:54:01 PM »

By the way, Mikey, I wish I'd answered yes to your email inquiry! I'd love a photo of your reaction.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »

They just announced on the 5:00 news teaser that Christopher Tierney, the actor who fell 30 feet on Monday, had surgery today.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2010, 12:57:37 PM »

Just finished watching SALT.  I am SO tired of movies where I guess the putative "twist" about 30 seconds in.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ben

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2010, 12:58:27 PM »

Michael, you owe your brother's ex-fiance's daughter absolutely NOTHING. Don't even think of buying her a present, especially since they don't seem to know you exist.

Laura

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2010, 12:59:13 PM »

And it's well past time to quit sending gifts to his adult children, too.

Laura

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2010, 01:08:33 PM »

See, I wasn't sure if I should answer "alive," or "content," or what. Mostly I would say they are always complaining that they are hungry.

Ben

« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »

Deb, every day Vicky(i) gets more beautiful!

Thanks for the card.

Laura

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2010, 01:19:17 PM »

They also ask for tag numbers, but I have a terrible time trying to keep those little collars on them. They have no necks, and they are slippery.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2010, 01:39:29 PM »

I got a cranky phone call from my younger brother who was miffed because I didn't sent a present down for his ex-fiance's daughter (from his ex's first marriage)

My brother and this gal broke up a year ago. They did manage to have two kids together during their living in sin years (both are toddlers and I sent down presents for them) before she wised up and dumped him.

Dan (my brother) thinks I should have sent a present for Erika (his ex-s daughter) because he still thinks of Erika as his own daughter.

Well, how was I to know...I talk to my brother Dan maybe once a year, if even that, and he is lucky I send presents to the rest of his offspring (he has two adult kids from his first marriage) and all of their kids. Now he expects me to keep buying gifts for the kids of every floozy he hooks up with?!

PS: I have never in my entire life gotten so much as a Christmas card or Birthday card from this brother or his kids...ever.
That means you should stop sending gifts to any of them. Perhaps a card will suffice.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »

If you don't send a gift to any of them, then you will be treating them all the same.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2010, 02:11:43 PM »

I just watched the signing of the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. What a great day. I don't know what will come in the new Congress but something significant finally happened and I am glad.

Ditto!! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2010, 02:24:47 PM »

Don't forget, Mikey: I took the Macbeths completely out of my will, except for that $10.00 bequest so they'd know it wasn't an oversight.

Christopher Tierney hadback surgery. His brother says that he doesn't know if he will ever be on the stage again. So much for Ms Taymor's claims yesterday that he said he'd be back as soon as he can.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2010, 02:32:46 PM »

I have paid the obscene amounts due in the obscene amount of Kritzerland bills and I think we are all caught up, save for some net thirty bills that just came in and aren't due till mid-January.  It took a LONG time.  Went to the mail place and picked up a few packages, and I did the rest of my shopping just now since Gelson's wasn't too crowded - in fact, I was in and out of there in ten minutes and now don't have to worry about any more shopping, food-wise, for the Do.  Now I must eat.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2010, 02:34:54 PM »

The City of Studio is weird, weather-wise.  We didn't have rain this morning and it was clear the light was trying to break through the gray sky.  However, once you leave the City of Studio it's quite a different story - some of the hardest rainfall I've ever seen in LA - I was on the freeway and truly scared, not for me because I know how to drive, but for the idiot LA drivers near me who, despite the incredibly heavy rain still have no compunction about using their phones and texting.  It's raining here now, but not like if you go two miles from here.

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2010, 02:36:28 PM »

I worked at the package-wrapping table for several hours this afternoon and almost finished my part of the presents.  Richard is down there now - wonder what he's up to?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2010, 02:52:24 PM »

I'm reading these here notes on a couch at my dad's house in the mountains. I got the orientation about how to get him settled for the evening ...took several hours after dinner to do everything so even more respect goes to my stepmom for doing this as long as she did.

I very much want to thank all for their condolences...it means a lot right now.

~~~Continued Vibes of Comfort for Amy (a.k.a. DR Edisaurus)!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2010, 02:53:25 PM »

If your brother insists, tell him that he should get her something and say it was from you...and to pay for it with whatever money he was going to spend on YOU! ;)

Ben

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2010, 04:00:10 PM »

Spiderman's evening performance has been cancelled. They plan to resume performances tomorrow evening.

Good luck with that.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2010, 04:04:05 PM »

84 posts?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »

It appears that DR Matthew has switched Christmas Carols in mid-season.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2010, 04:05:38 PM »

We will get to page four!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!