Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO 2011  (Read 19287 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: COUNTDOWN TO 2011
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2010, 02:29:06 PM »

I forgot about "The Big Bang Theory."  That should be on my list, too.  And "How I Met Your Mother."  Oh...and "Mike and Molly," also.

:D

So what happened to Torchwood and Doctor Who?

der Brucer

Torch was 2009

AARRGGHH!!  And I just watched the DW Christmas special this weekend!  Dopey me.

:-*
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2010, 02:31:07 PM »

Dopey me.

:-*

Yup - your just another pretty face!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Vincent

« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2010, 02:31:53 PM »

Not nearly as many lists as we usually get, but touche. 

"Not nearly as many lists as we usually get."

Oh, please. There were 7 lists - at least - and you didn't even know that, because you clearly never read these boards, except on those occasions when you've asked some kind of computer question, or posted some kind of post for which you expect to be praised - and if you aren't praised.... look out!

But you are incapable of admitting you were wrong about something (you're "touche" not withstanding)  so you come up with a weak-ass excuse that you actually think people here will believe. Well, perhaps they will.

As for yesterday, perhaps everyone was too busy happilly wishing Julie happy birthday or talking to Danise?
I'm not drunk. I'm from Texas.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2010, 02:33:15 PM »

Bye bye.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE

DERBRUCER

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2010, 02:40:07 PM »

Bye bye.

He surely deserves a parting RASPBERRY!

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2010, 02:40:39 PM »

I read all the posts.  Sometimes I forget what I read because my day is filled with many things.  But here's what I never forget: How pathological your obsession with me seems to be.  I wonder what kind of personality it takes to come back to this site and register heaven-knows how many times to always end up at the same place - because this woman has some sort of "thing" about me and can't just let it go.  A normal person would just say "the guy's a jerk" and never bother coming back here.  Oh, were you sticking up for our posters here, because I did what I've been doing from the start on this board - making a JOKE about the notes and lack of lists or posts - I have done that as what I call a "runner" for years.  No one takes any of it seriously but you, Saint 3D Diffusion.  So, here for your edification and just to annoy you further during this HOLIDAY SEASON:

Get me off this damn page.

This will NOT do.

Page four???  Where in tarnation IS everyone?

Does anyone read the notes?

CRANBERRIES.

Post deleted.

But, most importantly:

3D Diffusion aka too many names to remember - banned.

I wouldn't have a problem with you thinking I'm a jerk and staying away and I'm sure you'd feel MUCH better rather than sitting wherever you're sitting and festering this negativity and hatred, which cannot be good for your karma or your soul.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:45:14 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2010, 02:46:51 PM »

Oh, please. There were 7 lists - at least - and you didn't even know that, because you clearly never read these boards, except on those occasions when you've asked some kind of computer question, or posted some kind of post for which you expect to be praised - and if you aren't praised.... look out!

But you are incapable of admitting you were wrong about something (you're "touche" not withstanding)  so you come up with a weak-ass excuse that you actually think people here will believe. Well, perhaps they will.

As for yesterday, perhaps everyone was too busy happilly wishing Julie happy birthday or talking to Danise?

No one was wishing Julie happy birthday yesterday because her birthday is TODAY you great twit.  Didn't you read the notes?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2010, 02:52:02 PM »

And just so everyone knows: I'd suspected about "Vincent" several weeks ago (based on a post made), and even wrote a dear reader about it.  So, I've just kept my eye on the situation.  But three weeks ago there was no more suspicion - I don't know how she was logging on as "Vincent" but several attempts to log on under that name triggered a ban alert to me because of the IP address (there are several board ban triggers) - and the trigger was for one of 3D Diffusion's many usernames here - at that point there was no doubt at all it was her.  I could have done the ban right then and there, but I wanted to see how long it would take for the dear girl to show her colors.  Longer than I thought, actually.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »

TOD

Some of my favorites not yet mentioned:

Human Target
Blue Bloods
Hawaii 5-0
Raising Hope
Being Human

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2010, 02:56:30 PM »

Welcome four GUESTS, one of whom I'm sure is the dear girl.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2010, 03:02:50 PM »

But you are incapable of admitting you were wrong about something (you're "touche" not withstanding)  so you come up with a weak-ass excuse that you actually think people here will believe. Well, perhaps they will.

3DDiffusion, is it really you?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »

Sad news today - our occasional (59 posts) dear reader Thom Moore has passed away at 68.  He was a great guy.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:06:33 PM by bk »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2010, 03:05:20 PM »

I guess it was and thar she goes!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2010, 03:08:25 PM »

What a pity about Vincent.  "He" did make a few interesting comments over the weeks.  Oh, well...

BTW, What A Pity About Vincent is the title of my next ABC Movie of the Week suspense/thriller.  Or it may be the title of my next song about a teen-age love lost in a tragic accident.  I haven't decided yet.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:11:18 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2010, 03:09:05 PM »

Sad news today - our occasional (59 posts) dear reader Thom Moore has passed away.

I don't even remember a DR Thom Moore!

So, I went back and looked at his posts, and I did remember him: hip surgery replacement in September. Poor man, I wonder if he had a cancer or some bone disease that had required the various surgeries. He was only 68.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:13:49 PM by elmore3003 »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2010, 03:09:09 PM »

Sad news today - our occasional (59 posts) dear reader Thom Moore has passed away at 68.  He was a great guy.

:o

:'(

Do you have any details that you can tell us?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2010, 03:09:33 PM »

Here is Thom's last post here - from September:

thanks BK for mentioning the CD before Monday, since today will probably be my last day to sign on for who knows how long. I have to be at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan tomorrow at 9:30 AM EDT. My right hip revision surgery should begin approximately two hours after arrival. As with my previous three hip replacements, my pain should be gone immediately following my operation.

I have no idea how long I will be in the hospital and subsequent rehabilitation therapy. Forgive me if I do not send or reply to emails over the next several weeks (since I do not know if I will have Wi-Fi access). I look forward to returning to this list very soon in the near future. - Cheers

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2010, 03:10:03 PM »

Sorry to hear about Thom Moore.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2010, 03:12:08 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear about Thom's passing.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2010, 03:13:25 PM »

Here's from an obit:

Thomas “Thom” J. Moore III, age 68 of Troy, died November 7, 2010, of complications following surgery. Thom is survived by his devoted life partner of 40 years, Dwight Rinke. He is also survived by his loving family, Elsie Rinke, Dawn Hamlin and Donna Rinke. He was preceded in death by his parents, Thomas and Marjorie.

Thom was born in Detroit where he spent his early childhood. He and his parents soon moved to Lincoln Park where he graduated from Lincoln Park High School in 1960. Following graduation he attended Wayne State University which was to become a central force in his life. A member of Delta Sigma Pi business fraternity, he distinguished himself early on at the university, being awarded the prestigious Donnelly Award given to the “Outstanding Graduate” of the class of 1964. He was also inducted into the equally distinguished David Mackenzie Honor Society whose annual reunions and inductions he supported and attended for many years. He earned his first degree in accounting followed immediately by an M.B.A. in administrative systems in 1967.

He began and ended his professional career with General Motors, having worked in the interim years for a number of Detroit’s best-known companies and institutions. He retired from E.D.S. in 2004 where he was certified as a PMP (Project Management Professional) and was recognized internationally as an award-winning and published author in data systems project management. Thom’s PMP status provided him the opportunity to travel the country from coast to coast and to spend time consulting in countries around the globe. He especially enjoyed the extended time he spent in Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Germany, Belgium and the UK. In his own words, “Traveling as I have, has given me the opportunity to appreciate how others live and think, and has broadened my own appreciation of other’s viewpoints.” After several months of retirement, he returned to G.M. as a consultant where he worked until the time of his death.

The Wayne State community and the Cultural Center were central to his dedication. A long-time member and supporter of the Detroit Institute of Arts, he especially appreciated the lectures and seminars of the Visiting Committee for European Sculpture and Decorative Arts and the Friends of Modern Art.

One of his favorite events of the year was the annual President’s Preview of the Hilberry Theatre at Wayne State University, the only resident, repertory graduate theatre company in the United States. He was a supporter of The Understudies for four decades and always appreciated the talent, energy and extraordinary quality of the theatre’s productions.

As much as Thom loved the D.I.A. and Hilberry Theatre, he had an enduring passion for music and comic books. His apartment is filled with shelves and boxes filled with music CDs, most of which are sound track recordings, although he loved jazz and rock, too. Upon hearing of Thom’s death a dear friend from London wrote to be sure to mention John Barry because that was the last thing she talked with him about on the telephone. Thom also had a special spot in his heart for Barry’s “Somewhere in Time” soundtrack. Another long-time friend from Colorado wrote, “John Barry's music will forever bring a tear to my eyes.” His other favorite composers are too numerous to mention, although his huge collection is probably one of the most encyclopedic in the country because it includes rare editions only available from international sources.

Some people may be surprised to learn that he was also a classic comic books collector. Limited editions reprinted from the historic, original issues of the great age of comics from the 1930s to the 1970s overflow in rooms filled with the books he so much enjoyed.

The resort town of Saugatuck, Michigan, was Thom’s favorite place to vacation. He and Dwight spent hours in the various galleries getting to know artists and dealers some of whom became lasting and dear friends. Many of the works purchased there became part of the foundation of his and Dwight’s art collection. While Thom enjoyed Saugatuck’s restaurants, he loved finishing dinner early enough to rush to the beautiful Oval Beach state park sand dunes to watch sunsets as they sparkled pink and blue and silver with fading orange suns, like Monet paintings, over the lapping waves and hushing vastness of Lake Michigan.

Thom donated his corneas to The Gift of Sight and his body was cremated.

A memorial service will be planned for a later date.

Laura

« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »

Oh, that's very sad. I remembered he was going to have hip surgery. How did you find out, BK?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2010, 03:15:48 PM »

BK, that was quite a wonderful obituary. Thank you for posting it!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2010, 03:18:52 PM »

What a pity about Vincent.  "He" did make a few interesting comments over the weeks.  Oh, well...

BTW, What A Pity About Vincent is the title of my next ABC Movie of the Week suspense/thriller.  Or it may be the title of my next song about a teen-age love lost in a tragic accident.  I haven't decided yet.

3D Diffusion is a good writer and smart - that's never been the issue.  The issue is one of obsession, negativity, and spewing her unnecessary and inane bile on this board.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2010, 03:20:03 PM »

Oh, that's very sad. I remembered he was going to have hip surgery. How did you find out, BK?

Lukas Kendall posted on the Film Score Monthly message board - Thom, while not a poster on the FSM board, was a long-time subscriber to FSM and a collector who was very supportive of Lukas in his early days.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2010, 03:20:33 PM »

I did make it out of the house this afternoon.  First stopped at the post office to drop off a few mailings.  Then to Best Buy, where I stood in line for almost 25 minutes to make a simple return.  I had planned to shop around for myself but after all that, I couldn't wait to get out of there.  Next, I took to the Moorestown Mall, where I got a new pair of shoes and some half-price calenders.  Last stop was picking up a tall hazelnut coffee at the Wawa.

No TANGLED today.  Maybe TANGLED tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:25:20 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2010, 03:21:26 PM »

I also believe 3D Diffusion may have registered again under yet another name - a month or two ago.  I've now got my eye on that account.

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2010, 03:22:56 PM »

Thom and I shared that "Detroit connection," and I will miss his posts about places I'd long forgotten.  Sympathies to Dwight and others who loved him.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2010, 03:29:34 PM »

No TANGLED today.  Maybe TANGLED tomorrow.

Don't miss it.  It works particularly well in 3D and Glenn Slater's lyrics are a real treat (especialaly when played through Donna Murphy's pipes).

der Brucer

KevinH

« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Julie!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up