Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: GETTING COIFED BY TEDDY AT ELEVEN  (Read 16971 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: GETTING COIFED BY TEDDY AT ELEVEN
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2010, 07:24:30 PM »

Even bored at Christmas Sherlock was expressive.

What a charmer..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2010, 07:24:50 PM »

and I got us to page 8!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2010, 07:40:33 PM »

In regards to snow, we are nearly 2-times above our average for snow in December. We normally get around 45 inhes for the entire winter... We are sitting at 40 inches as of today. The Devils Lake basin is sitting at 55 inches and that does not even count for what is coming...

:(

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2010, 07:43:54 PM »

porr Bonny Blue -- it is so good of you to be worried about teh lady that hit you
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »

Even bored at Christmas Sherlock was expressive.

What a charmer..

Thank you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2010, 07:59:15 PM »

You are very fortunate the woman didn't drive off.  Vibes to her and her family!!!!

Ditto and Ditto!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2010, 08:03:13 PM »

And on that note (D#), I'm outa here.

Until later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: December 29, 2010, 08:05:45 PM »

In the completely nutty department: I've been having an e-mail correspondence with some overseas guy - he wrote me to ask if there was any way he could get the Calisthenics cue from Carrie the way it is in the film, with that orchestration with synths.  I wrote back and told him that I had no idea what he was talking about - they are the same - our CD matches the film exactly in every way.  He argues with me and says he'll so an audio sample of the film scene and our CD and send it to me.  This he just did.  The film scene is as I knew it would be - but his audio sample purportedly from our CD has no synths, which is, in a word, impossible.  So, I just asked him to please explain to me in detail exactly where he got the track with only the rhythm section, because it most certainly was not from our CD.  My guess - someone has done something illegal somewhere.

FJL

« Reply #218 on: December 29, 2010, 08:20:57 PM »

Looks like someone has posted the entire 10-minute Jerry Herman tribute on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj6z-dl21X8

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: December 29, 2010, 08:36:31 PM »

Somehow I don't think the nutty fellow is going to respond to me - he clearly does not own our CD so why he was writing to me, other than maybe trying to get me to send him an mp3 of that specific track is anyone's guess.

Michael

« Reply #220 on: December 29, 2010, 08:56:54 PM »

Looks like someone has posted the entire 10-minute Jerry Herman tribute on YouTube

My lord the choreography was god awful. The director should have reeled him.

Curious all the other perfomers were introduced before singing but Angela Lansbury wasn't.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #221 on: December 29, 2010, 08:58:04 PM »

anyone know if CBS allows this to be On Demand?
Never stop dreaming.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #222 on: December 29, 2010, 08:58:30 PM »

and who were the choirs?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Michael

« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2010, 09:18:07 PM »

Cabaret performer David Gurland died unexpectedly of an an aneurysm today

here is from Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1zSdOC1NCY
Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2010, 09:20:50 PM »

I was surprised to read this...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/188387/

B Daltons has closed in Grand Forks..... That means except for UND's bookstore and a used bookstore, there are no bookstores left in Grand Forks. I am glad there is a Barnes and Noble at least in Fargo. I love to go and browse in there... I have been known to kill at least two or three hours in Barnes and Noble adn if I leave with one book I have done quite well....

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #225 on: December 29, 2010, 09:27:45 PM »

Now I have to find a way to pay for them. I have applied for financial aid.

GOOD LUCK & I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR CLASSES!!
Thank you much.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: December 29, 2010, 09:28:45 PM »

How much do classes like that cost nowadays?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2010, 09:29:05 PM »

Just being lazy.  I think liner notes will be tomorrow - just not in the mood tonight.

John G.

« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2010, 09:31:32 PM »

My money has been found!

And it has been returned to my account (in the nick of time).  Thank you all for your good wishes.  HHW vibes do it again.

I'm curious if they gave you any info about what happened and how they found your money.
Yippee!!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »

Depending on where you are it can cost up to and over 2000 a semester if you are a grad student and perhaps a bit less if you are an undergraduate. It boils down to where you are taking classes This does not include the cost of books and tearing your hair out. :-)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2010, 09:33:05 PM »

I am taking just one class and it is just under 900 and that does not include the two books for the class

John G.

« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2010, 09:42:38 PM »

My lord the choreography was god awful. The director should have reeled him.

Curious all the other perfomers were introduced before singing but Angela Lansbury wasn't.
The two choirs weren't announced either.

But the dancers should have been shot. It looked liked Matthew Morrison was in combat with them and no one was dancing together. Horrible.

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #232 on: December 29, 2010, 09:45:01 PM »

Well, I've registered for my January classes. One is in creative nonfiction writing. The course sounds like a big crock. Better get it over with in my opinion. The other is on society and education. That should be more fun.

Good luck with your classes John. They sound interesting. Where are you taking classes?
SUNY-Empire State College. I'll be taking the classes online. New world of education for me.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2010, 09:46:19 PM »

I finished reading MARCH for my book group.  I wish I had read more about Louisa May Alcott and her family prior to reading the book.  I don't recommend this even though I normally like the author.  It is better than I expected it to be.  If Louisa May Alcott had wanted a book about the father's travels during the time of LITTLE WOMEN she would have written one and I expect it would have been better than MARCH.
Thanks, I knew there was a reason I hadn't picked that one up yet.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2010, 09:47:35 PM »

I gotta tell you.

John G.

« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2010, 09:51:28 PM »

Hello all!  I can't begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying--doing nothing!  I feel more relaxed then I have in a very, very, very (make that 3 very's ) long time.  I even took a nice long nap yesterday afternoon. 

Oh how I wish I could win that lotto and never have to work again.   Well, I would have to do something with my time at some point but I would never be in fear of what would happen if I lost the job for whatever reason. 

It's not the idea that I could buy things.  It's the idea of the FREEDOM the money would buy.  No worries about how am I going to pay for the day to day things--food, electric, the home loan, etc.  Not having to get up and go to a place I really don't want to go to and do things I really don't care one way or other about--just being able to be at peace at the end of the day.  Take a nap, like I did yesterday.  Spending time with the dogs.  That would be heaven.

I guess I'm just tired of the daily grind.

And I can't begin to tell you how happy I am seeing you posting all week long.  In case you haven't figured it out yet, Danise, you are quite loved at this site.  So don't stay away so long.
What he said.
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #236 on: December 29, 2010, 09:54:53 PM »

Lawsy, I just dodged a karmic and perhaps even a legal bullet.  We had let the current tenants out of the lease but had agreed (with them) on a lease termination fee that was about 2x their monthly rent.  I just found out a few minutes ago Oregon law requires lease breakage fees not exceed 1.5 times monthly rent.  So I just called the tenants and gave them the good news.  Less good news for us, but it was the right thing to do of course.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2010, 09:58:56 PM »

Watching "Swing Time." This is my favorite of the Astaire-Rogers pictures. The choreography is certainly better than Rob Ashford's.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:00:32 PM by John G. »
― Voltaire

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2010, 10:46:32 PM »

I think I am going to turn in for the night and try and get rid of this cold....

Nighters and pleasant dreams to you alll

George

« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2010, 11:01:10 PM »

Depending on where you are it can cost up to and over 2000 a semester if you are a grad student and perhaps a bit less if you are an undergraduate. It boils down to where you are taking classes This does not include the cost of books and tearing your hair out. :-)

I hope that I never have to go back to school...I certainly am not planning to. ::)

;)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up