Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WACKY NOODLES  (Read 12778 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: WACKY NOODLES
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2011, 06:45:32 PM »

Page Six Chayanne and Jane Krakowski Dance.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2011, 07:08:02 PM »

What is that ridiculous outfit she's wearing?

John G.

« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2011, 07:09:15 PM »

Something ballroom dancers wear. It is rather gossamer, isn't it?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2011, 07:09:37 PM »

what is the Wacky Noodle recipe?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2011, 07:10:55 PM »

I hope DR Danise takes another vacation soon!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2011, 07:12:18 PM »

Yesterday we went to a house aprty - weha ve been celebrating every New years Eve with another couple for the past 21 year s - we missed thios year because of my brother's suprise party - so we moved our celbration to yesterday instead

we sleep over their  house so we just got home a little while ago

FJL

« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »

Is a wacky noodle anything like a wackadoodle?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2011, 07:19:08 PM »

I'm checking in from my exciting days of viewing! Charlotte and I both lied TRUE GRIT very much. I've never seen the first film vewrsion and never read the novel, but I found this movie truly moving and wonderful: there's a certain sense of myth to the story of the smart young kid going out to avenge a father's death. At one point, I thought, she will lose something in this story, because in a good myth or fairy take the hero will give up something to achieve his goal. I had no idea what the loss would be and I found the epilogue to the story and all the loss tremendously heartbreaking. I think Charlotte was amazed to find me weeping through the credits.

As to the cast, I thought they were all wonderful: Matt Damon makes a good character actor I prefer to his juvenile lead roles, Josh Brolin makes his killer truly creepy and deserving to die, Jeff Bridges reminded me nothing of John Wayne and I think that's a good way to play the character. His final sequence to save Mattie's life fulfilled her comment to him early in the film that she heard he possessed true grit.  The young lady playing Mattie Ross sold me completely. I thought the mid-nineteenth century west was captured both in the design and in the langiuge, which always sounded to me the  language spoken by literate and intelligent people of the period. I loved Carter Burwell's score, which sounded like popular ballads and hyms of the same time period. I don't think I ever want to see the original film now. This was awfully perfect.

When I got back here, I finished WIVES & DAUGHTERS, and I enjoyed it. I kept waiting for Francesca Annis' horribly shallow and materialistic stepmother to get her comeuppance; I was sure she had a lurid past that would force her into exile but it didn't happen. I liked the series very much, just not so much as CRANFORD or NORTH & SOUTH.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2011, 07:24:18 PM »

DR Elmore - I'm so glad you and Charlotte liked TRUE GRIT.  Richard also commented on the language and I, too, liked the music.  I loved Mattie's costumes and really liked the young actress who played her.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2011, 07:25:56 PM »

She got to keep her costume from A CHRISTMAS CAROL.

Speaking of Jane Krakowski and "Wacky Dust", I really like her rendition of the song on her LAZIEST GIRL IN TOWN cd.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2011, 07:26:38 PM »

LOL I wondered the same thing.

Ginny

« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2011, 07:29:47 PM »

Just looked up Hailee Steinfeld (Mattie in TRUE GRIT) to see her age (14) and found out that she and I share Dec. 11 as our birthdate.  She was born on my 46th birthday.

John G.

« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »

Her outfits in the rest of the picture are equally filmy.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2011, 07:37:01 PM »

Good Evening!

Just a few minutes after they opened the doors at Smokey Mary's - a.k.a. the Church of St. Mary the Virgin - the place was filled to capacity, with lots of people trying to squeeze into any possibly empty seat.  They had set up overflow seating off the side - truly obstructed view! - and all of those seats were occupied by the time the performance began.  And, Oh!, what a performance!

The Green Mountain Project presented the Monteverdi at the beginning of last year (2010) as part of the commemoration of the 500th Anniversary of the work, "Vespro della Beata Vergine" ("Vespers for the Virgin Mary").  I had heard the piece in bits and pieces before via recordings in music history class, as well as on the radio, but this was the first time hearing it performed for me. It was truly a revelation.

Over the course of the nearly two hour work, I don't think my attention strayed once. Not only was I amazed by the, for lack of a better word, crazy polyphonic writing, I was also impressed by the musicianship, virtuosity and dedication of the singers and instrumentalists.  It was one of those performances that ended with a few moments of hush to let all of the sound die down and to let it all sink for a moment, before everyone stood up and applauded. And the ovation lasted a good five minutes.

It really was just what I needed in the midst of the preparations for my cruise.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2011, 07:39:13 PM »

Oh... And "Smokey" Mary was most certainly "smokey" when we entered the church. I really have to wonder just how much incense they use on a daily basis. I mean, sometimes, if the atmosphere is right, there's a plume of smoke coming out of the top of the church.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2011, 07:39:35 PM »

Tonight's second flick is "Dance with Me" featuring the too-beautiful-to-believe couple of Chayenne and Vanessa Williams.

Umm... Why?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2011, 07:42:08 PM »

Just looked up Hailee Steinfeld (Mattie in TRUE GRIT) to see her age (14) and found out that she and I share Dec. 11 as our birthdate.  She was born on my 46th birthday.

And it's also her film debut! The Coen Brothers truly got lucky with that bit of casting. -Although, I'm sure luck had nothing to do with it.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2011, 07:43:44 PM »

DR Danise - Just take a moment or two each day while you're back at work to remember this past week. And, hopefully, you're next vacation will more of a true vacation rather than a time to decompress.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »

DR Dan (the Man) - Well, just remember, (other) people are less likely to steal a book than they are an iPad, Nook or other e-Reader.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2011, 07:44:47 PM »

bk - Congrats on your successful fact-finding field trip.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2011, 07:46:30 PM »

Oh... And "Smokey" Mary was most certainly "smokey" when we entered the church. I really have to wonder just how much incense they use on a daily basis. I mean, sometimes, if the atmosphere is right, there's a plume of smoke coming out of the top of the church.

DR Jose - Richard and I have attended services there many times and they use a LOT of incense!  And, no matter where we sit, the censor stands right next to me and the smoke makes me cough.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »

DR Jose - Richard and I have attended services there many times and they use a LOT of incense!  And, no matter where we sit, the censor stands right next to me and the smoke makes me cough.

I was wondering how the singers were dealing with all of that stuff in the air. Thankfully, I was fine, however, my friend, Michael, truly could not wait to get back out in the fresh air after the performance was done.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2011, 07:51:25 PM »

Cruise Vibes fro DR Jose!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2011, 07:51:36 PM »

Glad that you had a nice vacating DR Danise!

By the way to find "properties" for any photo on the internet, just put your cursor on the photo...right mouse click...choose "properties" from the window that pops up...use your cursor to highlight the web address stuff that is shown...right mouse click again on the address you have highlighted...choose copy...come to HHW...in the box where you write your HHW messages put yoru cursor there...right mouse click again...choose paste...and your photo address is now in the message.

Then highlight that address in your HHW message and then choose from the icons just above the row of smiley faces the icon that looks like a framed picture. Click on that icon and it will put some sort of "tag" at either end of the highlighted address that you had pased in your message.

All done!

My. Jaw. Is. On. The. Floor!

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2011, 07:52:26 PM »

I just did a search and although I can find many many refernecs to wacky noodles I cannot find a recipe

PLEASE~~

How do you make WAcky Noodles?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2011, 07:53:29 PM »

Love the setting and certain elements of the house, but the overall design seems bulky. And what's with that big block of no windows on the second story when the view is that gorgeous. If it's a safe room or something, it should be on the other side.

I'm guessing the the "right side" of the pic provides the most scenic views.  -And, yes, there could still be a safe room. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2011, 07:54:02 PM »

Cruise Vibes fro DR Jose!!!

Thank Yuo, DR vixmom!!!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2011, 08:00:44 PM »

Smooth sailing and smooth seas vibes to dr JOSE~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2011, 08:01:18 PM »

So if anyone wants to be "HGTV'd" you can go to the HGTV website and send them a photo fo your space and someone may show up at your door

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2011, 08:09:10 PM »

I was thinking that BK posted the recipe a long time ago, but when I searched I didn't find it
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up