Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WACKY NOODLES  (Read 12899 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: WACKY NOODLES
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2011, 04:35:23 PM »

PAGE FIVE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2011, 04:36:08 PM »

TONIGHT on TCM - two movies that I haven't seen in decades and am most interested in revisiting:

No Highway in the Sky

Fate Is the Hunter

FATE IS THE HUNTER - Yes, Rod Taylor!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2011, 04:37:08 PM »

How many of us here on HHW have taken dancing lessons?  When and what kind?  Would you like to take some more?

I HATE dancing.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2011, 04:37:38 PM »

You can take money in lieu of the house....something like $690,000

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2011, 04:38:48 PM »

That house has a vineyard and is on the river-nice.

I saw a show where they were looking at houses with vineyards.  I thought that was in the Napa area though

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2011, 04:40:37 PM »

How many of us here on HHW have taken dancing lessons?  When and what kind?  Would you like to take some more?

I HATE dancing.
I take ballroom classes twice a week, one in smooth, one in Latin. Won't say I'm good, but I need the exercise. And I enjoy it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2011, 04:43:20 PM »

How About WACKY DUST?

Manattan Transfer or Ella Fitzgerald?

I've never heard Ella's version...but I don't doubt that it's very good.  TMT's version is a lot of fun. :D

Ella: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjRcKq38-IY
Great song. Perhaps my favorite singer.

Mine too.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2011, 04:44:35 PM »

That house has a vineyard and is on the river-nice.

I saw a show where they were looking at houses with vineyards.  I thought that was in the Napa area though

Could have been.  Oregon is also know for its many wineries. 

Jane

« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »

Cilla does this house look familiar?

Love the setting and certain elements of the house, but the overall design seems bulky. And what's with that big block of no windows on the second story when the view is that gorgeous. If it's a safe room or something, it should be on the other side.

I didn't think about the lack of windows, at least not that they would be due to a safe room-lol.  It seems so private that windows would be desirable.  Windows bring in a lot of light in the mornings & during full moons, plus birds tend to fly into them. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »

Tonight I discovered that the treadmill still works.  I only did 20 minutes, but I haven't exercized in a long time so I don't want to push it too much right away

Jane

« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »

That's great Cilla.  I miss our old treadmill on winter days, especially now that the trails can be icy.  We tried on some Yaktrax's today and my size was too small.  I was concerned the next size up was too big.  Keith decided to pass.

John G.

« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2011, 05:10:16 PM »

Watching "My Sister Eileen" with Betty Garrett, Jack Lemmon, Janet Leigh and Bob Fosse. It may not be "Wonderful Town," but it's charming.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2011, 05:14:22 PM »

I've written about nine pages or so.  Finished chapter one and am into chapter two and the plot has been introduced. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »

I think dinner is off.   My dinner partner, who was coming back from San Jose, was stuck on the grapevine just before I-5.  Two miles in two hours.  Then, just as she was about to get through, they closed it.  She had to then go 100 miles out of her way and is still stuck in traffic and a couple of hours from getting back home.  So, given the rain and everything, not likely, although I told her if it would relax her and give her some fun, she should just come and have dinner.  I don't think so, though.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2011, 05:17:30 PM »

The minute I knew that was a possibility, I went to Jerry's and had some chicken soup, just to keep warm.  I had the soup but left half the broth, and I had two pieces of rye bread with it.  I'll definitely have to eat a little something later.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2011, 05:18:02 PM »

I think I'll take a little writing break - I do want to do one or two more pages, just to get past this little section I'm in.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2011, 05:28:42 PM »

I think dinner is off.   My dinner partner, who was coming back from San Jose, was stuck on the grapevine just before I-5.  Two miles in two hours.  Then, just as she was about to get through, they closed it.  She had to then go 100 miles out of her way and is still stuck in traffic and a couple of hours from getting back home.  So, given the rain and everything, not likely, although I told her if it would relax her and give her some fun, she should just come and have dinner.  I don't think so, though.

Poor thing.  Safe traveling to her.

Jennifer

« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2011, 05:43:50 PM »

I was reading DR Jane's posting photos instructions. But I don't have those options DR Jane has. So I"m going to try to remember what i do. Which is click on "properties" and then copy the address here.

Then put the link in the image icon (second on bottom).
This is the book I was reading the other day.

I hope this works for those who don't have my options.  Do you have a MAC?

No,  I don't post pics often but that was how I always did it.

FJL

« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2011, 06:08:35 PM »

I didn't get to do the video-watching I'd planned for today.  Caught in the web once again.

Danise

« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2011, 06:23:38 PM »

Hi Folks,

Well this is it.  My holiday is over and it's Bedtime for Bonzo. 

I had a nice last day doing some last minute things i wanted to do.  Funny Cilla and Jane were talking about House Hunters.  I LOVE that show.  I feel like it gives me a real insight to the way people really live.

I can't get over some of the houses I've seen--they make mine look like a doll house!

I did enter the contest for the HTV house.  I thought I might be able to rent part of it--kinda like a B&B or like Jane said just take the money.

As for the pictures, I can't find the properties either so I really don't know how I would post a picture from Facebook.

Well, I have a shower to get before I go the bed.  I have to take Bonny over to the body shop tomorrow morning at nine.

Talk with all tomorrow night.

Hugs!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2011, 06:27:17 PM »

Craig "fixed" many of my issues with my cell phone today.  I can now see who is calling me. :)

Jane

« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2011, 06:28:12 PM »

Danise we have enjoyed your vacation.  Don't wait for the next one to come visit again.

MBarnum

« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2011, 06:28:30 PM »

Finshed another Netflix streaming movie...CAGE OF EVIL (1960) starring Ron Roster and Patricia Blair. Nice little cops and robbers movie with a good cop gone bad..

One scene took place at the corner of Yucca St and Cherokee in Hollywood. I once walked through there on my way back from getting coffee on Hollywood Blvd.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 06:32:01 PM by MBarnum »

Laura

« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2011, 06:29:10 PM »

Yes, Danise, we all enjoyed your vacation! We hope you keep in touch.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2011, 06:34:35 PM »

Next up is STRANGE INTRUDER starring Ida Lupino, Edmund Purdom, Jacques Bergerac, and Gloria Talbott.....I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this movie but have not seen it since the late 1980s.

I am so looking forward.....

John G.

« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »

Danise we have enjoyed your vacation.  Don't wait for the next one to come visit again.
What she said. And we all hope you win the HTV House so we can come for a visit.
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2011, 06:40:28 PM »

Glad that you had a nice vacating DR Danise!

By the way to find "properties" for any photo on the internet, just put your cursor on the photo...right mouse click...choose "properties" from the window that pops up...use your cursor to highlight the web address stuff that is shown...right mouse click again on the address you have highlighted...choose copy...come to HHW...in the box where you write your HHW messages put yoru cursor there...right mouse click again...choose paste...and your photo address is now in the message.

Then highlight that address in your HHW message and then choose from the icons just above the row of smiley faces the icon that looks like a framed picture. Click on that icon and it will put some sort of "tag" at either end of the highlighted address that you had pased in your message.

All done!

John G.

« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2011, 06:42:16 PM »

Next up is STRANGE INTRUDER starring Ida Lupino, Edmund Purdom, Jacques Bergerac, and Gloria Talbott.....I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this movie but have not seen it since the late 1980s.

I am so looking forward.....

Ida is incredible. Would love to see that one. But I'm not ready for Netflix or downloading.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2011, 06:43:30 PM »

Tonight's second flick is "Dance with Me" featuring the too-beautiful-to-believe couple of Chayenne and Vanessa Williams.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2011, 06:44:44 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up