Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HELLISHLY ODD DAY  (Read 12745 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: THE HELLISHLY ODD DAY
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2011, 12:26:25 PM »

That is good to hear....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »

DR Elmore - it's not unusual for powerful meds to make you feel worse before you feel better.  Richard contends that strong antibiotics can really zap your energy.

I can attest to that. There are some antibiotics that have completely wiped me out and I have had one that made me ridiculously hyper
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2011, 12:27:47 PM »

I really like how the helper's boyfriend and best friend are helping out!

I thought it was very nice also

Vibes to bk's helper

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2011, 12:28:24 PM »

Now I'll have a mad cat with clean teeth. I'll take that over a sick cat any day

I think I agree ... At least you know what is annoying them

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2011, 12:28:33 PM »

Well, I'm hoping and praying that we've done all the shipping and that it's been done correctly.  All the overseas orders went out this morning, and then we did the five other dealer orders and those will be on their way shortly. 

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2011, 12:28:49 PM »

Well, let's just be nice and say that he was not in the mood to have his teeth cleaned today.

oh oh.. Joshie, Joshie, Joshie

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2011, 12:29:27 PM »

I highly recommend watching this story about this little (understatement) island, especially if you need to change your eating habits.  http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/the-fattest-place-on-earth-23708335

I have noted a number of stories like that.....

I am glad I dont eat a lot of fast food. I am not a mcdonald's fan at all

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2011, 12:29:56 PM »

The original plan was to take the nice kitty out of the kennel and give whatever anesthesia they gave Callie. Only Joshie had no intention of being removed from the kennel. I believe they used the word "lunged."

OH dear.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2011, 12:31:01 PM »

I send positive thoughts that the orders were done correctly....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2011, 12:32:27 PM »

TOD:

INteresting question...............   tough answer since thare are so many wonderful films

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2011, 12:35:46 PM »

Driving is a definite challenge at the moment..

Due to the snowbanks along the road here in the city many of them are almost higher than my car roof. It makes driving very entertaining to say the least.

Unprotected intersections are literally an experience in blind driving since you cannot see another car coming.. The city is trying to clear the snow from the corners but the ice under neath is not helping. I could take a couple of weeks before they get some of the corners  knocked dwon and the streets widened. 

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2011, 12:37:55 PM »

At this point I am ready for spring but unfortunately we still have several months of potential snowfall. We are sitting at 45.6 inches and our normal yearly total is 48.8 inches. 

They are already talking flood and we are only at the beginning of January. I am ready to move and I am tired of the Yearly major floods here. It is getting old

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »

I'm getting my teeth cleaned next Monday.

Are they putting you out before they do it?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »

OK, Richard is home and I'm taking off in the car - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »

TOD:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  I think either "South Pacific" (roadshow version) or "The Egyptian".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2011, 01:24:37 PM »

Singer/songwriter of two of my all time favorite 70s songs, Gerry Rafferty...passed away today.

BAKER STREET and RIGHT DOWN THE LINE....man, those songs bring back fond memories.

Here is an obit. Rafferty had a very sad life, it seems.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-obituary

and in case his name doesn't ring a bell...just click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sedPivIxfM&feature=related

or here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »

both were great songs..

Sorry to hear of his passing

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2011, 01:46:11 PM »

Talkin' Broadway has reported that Jill Haworth died yesterday. She was a year older than I.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2011, 02:24:02 PM »

I have it on good authority that if you growl and lunge at them, they will let you go home.

;D

Jane

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2011, 02:26:20 PM »

Are they putting you out before they do it?

;D

Jane

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2011, 02:37:57 PM »

Singer/songwriter of two of my all time favorite 70s songs, Gerry Rafferty...passed away today.

BAKER STREET and RIGHT DOWN THE LINE....man, those songs bring back fond memories.

Here is an obit. Rafferty had a very sad life, it seems.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-obituary

and in case his name doesn't ring a bell...just click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sedPivIxfM&feature=related

or here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo

Thank you for all the links.  Keith heard the music and came in to listen & read.  He doesn't normally do that.

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2011, 03:03:45 PM »

Sad about Jill Haworth. I remember seeing her in lots of British horror films when I was a kid.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2011, 03:04:59 PM »

Sad & sad I can't find a story about her passing. 

Jane

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2011, 03:05:56 PM »

It is happening again.  When I attempt to open Facebook all I get is
Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2011, 03:16:07 PM »

Try emptying your cache file and see if that works

Jane

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2011, 03:20:38 PM »

Thanks, Keith did that yesterday.  Now he can't open it on his computer while Craig had no problem at all.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »

We are back on FB, for now anyway.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2011, 03:30:12 PM »

Me neither.  Where did you hear this?

I just spoke to the city desk at Variety, and they have not heard this.

In fact, the only place it's been reported (as far as I know) is Wikipedia, so you know you can take that information to the bank.

???
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:39:04 PM by Druxy »
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2011, 03:43:02 PM »

Me neither.  Where did you hear this?

I just spoke to the city desk at Variety, and they have not heard this.

In fact, the only place it's been reported (as far as I know) is Wikipedia, so you know you can take that information to the bank.

???

I saw that and the date is today while elmore said yesterday.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »

What I reported was what I read on TalkinBroadway:

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=1936780
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up