Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLID SILVER PLATFORM SHOES  (Read 12791 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: SOLID SILVER PLATFORM SHOES
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 08:14:21 AM »

TOD:

Chocolate Chip pancakes with a dollop of whip cream for eyes and Strawberries for a smile.....

My favorite restaurant breakfast was at a bistro in Stevens Point Wisconsin. I had the most wonderful, fluffy and delicious red pepper, bacon and spinach quiche with goda cheese. It was GOOD!

and the most cleverly served breakfast was the breakfast in a cup bake. it had a sausage pattie, scrambled eggs and potatoes wtih LOTS of melted cheese. It was good.  The cup is similar to a large cappuccino cup you see in some coffee shops
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:25:36 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 08:16:55 AM »

Wise move Ginny...  There is nothing worse that taking down wet decorations

Question: do you have snow on the ground all winter or just parts of winter?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 08:19:02 AM »

The neat thing about the bistro I mentioned in the earlier post is taht they raise some of their own produce adn buy from local producers. Their menu varies due to availability of produce

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »

Wise move Ginny...  There is nothing worse that taking down wet decorations

Question: do you have snow on the ground all winter or just parts of winter?

DR DakotaCelt - having grown up in Michigan, I was used to snow first falling in early November and the ground remaining white until March or April.  When I moved to SW Ohio, it took some time for me to get used to seeing green grass between snowstorms.  All the snow we had in December has melted and been washed away by rain.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 08:55:46 AM »

You know what surprises me? That your grass is green under the snow. Our grass (bermuda) goes dormant in the winter. It surprises me that our grass is dead in the relative warmth while yours stays green.

(Ok. Some people here do plant winter lawns. I wonder if they would stay green under snow?)
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »

DR Laura - I should have said "green-ish."  It's not like springtime, but you can definitely see hints of green.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 09:02:25 AM »

You know what surprises me? That your grass is green under the snow. Our grass (bermuda) goes dormant in the winter. It surprises me that our grass is dead in the relative warmth while yours stays green.

(Ok. Some people here do plant winter lawns. I wonder if they would stay green under snow?)

Next time it snows, get yourself an "outdoor" extension cord and a hair dryer...and investigate!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 09:23:48 AM »

TOD:

Favorite breakfast usually contains lots of fats and carbs....pancakes (any kind) with eggs over medium, sausage, bacon, hash browns.

Breakfast I usually have: oatmeal and maybe a toasted whole wheat biscuit with a dab of butter. Maybe some celery or a couple of apple slices, also.

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 09:24:11 AM »

JRand, how can you go without breakfast...it is the most important meal of the day.

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2011, 09:31:09 AM »

One of the few remaining leading ladies from the days of the early talkies, Miriam Seegar, died last weekend at her home in Pasadena at the age of 103.

She debuted in films in 1928 and retired from acting in 1932 when she got married. When her husband died in the late 1950s she began working as  an interior decorator, a job she retired from in 1995 at the age of 88.

She sure was purty!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2011, 09:32:59 AM »

I'm up, the sky is blue with spotty clouds and I'm heating up the home environment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2011, 09:42:42 AM »

Hi - back from LV, where things that happen there, stay there.  We did see Phantom and KA - Ka was 1000 times better than Phantom.  I was a bit disappointed with Phantom, actually. But whatever.

Today is cold.  That's all I have

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2011, 10:10:54 AM »

Ginny, I have also noted hints of dormant green grass..  However it will be a LONG time before we see green. It is very white here at the moment with 50 inches of snow on the ground

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »

Debating if I want to leave the apartment or not

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2011, 10:14:49 AM »

Excellent vibes for the HELPER this morning.

Recording vibes for DR ELMORE & Co.

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2011, 10:29:02 AM »

Happy Birthday to long ago semi-dear reader Bretty Spaghetti.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 10:30:18 AM »

I love biscuits and gravy for breakfast, but have only had it a handful of times.  I like classic bacon and eggs and home fries.  I've never been much of a hash browns person.  I occasionally like sausage but not often.  I used to love ham and eggs but never eat that anymore.  I'm very particular about pancakes, so I rarely have them save for Du-Par's, which I now only seem to do once or twice a year.  French toast I've never cared about, but I do love the waffles at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »

Ginny, I have also noted hints of dormant green grass..  However it will be a LONG time before we see green. It is very white here at the moment with 50 inches of snow on the ground

UGH!

Jane

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »

JRand, how can you go without breakfast...it is the most important meal of the day.

I have always said that & believed in eating breakfast, now I rarely eat it until I return from my morning hike.  I get sick if I eat first.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »

One of the few remaining leading ladies from the days of the early talkies, Miriam Seegar, died last weekend at her home in Pasadena at the age of 103.

She debuted in films in 1928 and retired from acting in 1932 when she got married. When her husband died in the late 1950s she began working as  an interior decorator, a job she retired from in 1995 at the age of 88.

She sure was purty!

That is impressive.  I wonder if she considered food medicine ;)

Jane

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2011, 10:35:41 AM »

UGH!

UGH is an understatement!

Jane

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2011, 10:41:20 AM »

DR Ron why would the news need to report Elizabeth Edwards didn't leave anything to John?  Is there anyone who would think she would have.  Don't try understanding the stupid stories in the news. ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2011, 10:57:58 AM »

Topic of the Day (in alphabetical order...and not necessarily all at the same meal):

Bacon, crispy
English muffins, toasted
French toast
Hash browns
Real maple syrup
Scrambled eggs (not runny)

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2011, 11:25:17 AM »

DR Ron why would the news need to report Elizabeth Edwards didn't leave anything to John?  Is there anyone who would think she would have.  Don't try understanding the stupid stories in the news. ;)

Yep!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2011, 11:25:32 AM »

I've always believed in the kindness of strangers.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Charlotte Amelie, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »

I guess I should upload the last 2 Kritzerland releases before the new ones show up at my door soon.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2011, 11:31:25 AM »

I've done about three pages and now will do some errands and whatnot, then try to write a few more pages. 

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2011, 12:18:25 PM »

My recommendation is that BK *not* watch BURIED, which takes place entirely within the confines of a buried coffin.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2011, 12:19:01 PM »

I do predict that Ryan Reynolds and director Cortes get Oscar nods when the noms come out.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up