Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST LIKE ADRIANA  (Read 12176 times)

Ginny

Re: JUST LIKE ADRIANA
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 08:35:26 AM »

Friday media check:

DVD - We have INCEPTION for our family pizza/movie night.  I also need to watch A DANCE FOR BETHANY, which my AAUW friends will watch together next Tuesday evening when Richard and I are in Newport, TN.

CD (car) - We have to visit the West Carrollton branch library to pick up MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL on CD to listen to in the car.  Prep for our visit to Savannah.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 09:05:05 AM »

BK, is the March show on the 2nd or the 9th?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 09:09:01 AM »

We have snow in Manhattan again though it's not the blizzard that we had on the 26th. I think we can live through this one.

I've taken a day off from work. I go to see the doctor this afternoon for a final assessment and to set a date for the appendectomy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 09:24:04 AM »

remember when I ran my camera over in November? 

Well I found the same one on ebay and won the auction and paid

first the seller contacted me and told me thta there was a problem with paypal and that he didn't get the mney then he said never mind I got it and I'll ship to you - I never recieved it and all subsequent messages have gone unanswered

I complained through ebay and last night I finally was able to escalate the process -''

Has anyone been through this? What are the chances of me getting my money back?

If you paid via paypal, call them immediately and have them walk you through opening a claim.  Once you do that, you will get your money back quickly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 09:24:20 AM »

BK, is the March show on the 2nd or the 9th?

The 2nd.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »

I'm up.  My throat feels a little weird for no reason, so I'm sucking on Coldeez and just had some hot EmergenC, which I'm hoping will take care of it.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 10:08:18 AM »

We had a confectioners sugar coating of snow this morning and it resulted in the loveliest train ride I've ever had on this commute.  The snow brought out details in every stick of wood and stone along the Schuylkill River.  It was all so beautiful that I couldn't take my eyes away from the train window and I barely read a word of my book.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 10:19:17 AM »

TOD: If I find time to get to the library, I plan on picked up "Toy Story 3" and "Great Expectations" for the weekend DVD viewing.

CD: "Happy End," "Kitty's Kisses," "13"

Car CD: Autobiography of Mark Twain, Disc 9 of 20.

Reading: Some stuff for class. Trying to get an early start before the classes begin.

Which "Happy End" recording? I've got "Kitty's Kisses," but I've never played it.  I don't care much personally for the orchestrator/MD.
The one that Ghostlight released from the American Conservatory Theater. It's supposedly the first English language recording and it's good.

I'm enjoying "Kitty's Kisses." It isn't a great score, but it's pleasant. I need to do some research on it though. Was "The Continental" written for that (it's only in the Finale and not mentioned by that name) or was it just incorporated to give the recording a "hit" song?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 10:20:10 AM »

We had a confectioners sugar coating of snow this morning and it resulted in the loveliest train ride I've ever had on this commute.  The snow brought out details in every stick of wood and stone along the Schuylkill River.  It was all so beautiful that I couldn't take my eyes away from the train window and I barely read a word of my book.
And if the train were heated, then all was certainly right with the world.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 10:34:05 AM »

And if the train were heated, then all was certainly right with the world.

The train was well-heated, DR John G.  Plus I had a cup of warm coffee in my hand.  The only thing missing were cookies.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 10:34:57 AM »

Thank you Vixmom.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 10:35:15 AM »

Ginny I'm very happy your niece is doing so well. :)

Jane

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 10:35:42 AM »

Ron I knew what you were shocked about even before I opened the story. ;D

Who'd a thunk it!!!

Jane

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 10:37:30 AM »

Cilla you did keep us all in suspense-lol

Jane

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »

George, thanks for the vibes.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2011, 10:39:18 AM »

good morning - no snow yet

:)  Keep up the good work.

Jane

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2011, 10:42:07 AM »

Whew! I'm glad Cillaliz didn't see a murder.

You think I could have gone without mentioning something like that?  Not.

I think Not ;D

Jane

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2011, 10:42:25 AM »

I've lost 6 pounds since Christmas!  Woo and hoo.....  now I need to go to work

Congratulations!!!

Jane

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »

Thank you Jennifer. 

Jane

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »

Your description is lovely.

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2011, 10:48:46 AM »

Ginny I'm very happy your niece is doing so well. :)

Thanks, DR Jane - we're very proud of her.  Here she is caring for a Miami cheerleader during last night's game:

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »

How many of you are aware that Anderson Cooper had, as a guest on his show, former child star Kirk Cameron on AC 360...as an "expert" commentator on whether or not there is any "revelatory" meaning behind the deaths of thousands of birds and fish in recent days?

Yes, THAT Kirk Cameron...the one who became "born-again"...the one who starred in the very lackluster series of "Left Behind" movies (movies that might have been much, much better)...as an "expert" on possible religious implications?

I'm beyond apalled, frankly.

It's just too sad for words.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2011, 10:52:34 AM »

This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "You Nazi dog":

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40963869/ns/world_news-europe/?gt1=43001
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2011, 10:53:17 AM »

How many of you are aware that Anderson Cooper had, as a guest on his show, former child star Kirk Cameron on AC 360...as an "expert" commentator on whether or not there is any "revelatory" meaning behind the deaths of thousands of birds and fish in recent days?

Yes, THAT Kirk Cameron...the one who became "born-again"...the one who starred in the very lackluster series of "Left Behind" movies (movies that might have been much, much better)...as an "expert" on possible religious implications?

Just take it as another sign of the Apocalypse.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2011, 10:54:02 AM »

DR Ginny thank you for sharing the photo. :)

We watched INCEPTION last night.  Make sure you very alert tonight.  This is not a movie to watch half awake. :)

Jane

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2011, 10:59:29 AM »

I didn't know & don't want to watch after what you just reported.  I've seen him in interviews & he always appears to be very happy & his comments weren't off the wall.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2011, 10:59:46 AM »

Just take it as another sign of the Apocalypse.  :)

Shaking my head.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2011, 11:06:42 AM »

And the word of the day is: CHATOYANT!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  STRING OF PEARLS

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »

Heard from Muse Margaret - she hadn't read the pages last night because it was her anniversary and she and her ever-lovin' Richard went out to celebrate thirty-six years.  But, she read them this morning and was very happy with it all save for some stuff in the first chapter.  The way she first said that she had problems with the opening got me really worried, but it turned out to be some really minor stuff - words, really, descriptive prose that she didn't feel were right for Adriana - it took me all of thirty seconds to fix those four or five things.  Funnily, too of the words I'd used in one of the other books and she'd had the same reaction then and I'd removed them or replaced them - but I forgot about it and used them again.  But that's why she's so good with my stuff.  She just instinctively knows when something is off, even if it's one word or a phrase.  But she loved everything else, especially the return of a character from the last book.  And the plot is holding her interest, so that's good.  And I'm mushing on and have written a little over a page.  I'm still feeling a little weird but my throat is already feeling better.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2011, 12:17:08 PM »

TOD: If I find time to get to the library, I plan on picked up "Toy Story 3" and "Great Expectations" for the weekend DVD viewing.

CD: "Happy End," "Kitty's Kisses," "13"

Car CD: Autobiography of Mark Twain, Disc 9 of 20.

Reading: Some stuff for class. Trying to get an early start before the classes begin.

Which "Happy End" recording? I've got "Kitty's Kisses," but I've never played it.  I don't care much personally for the orchestrator/MD.
The one that Ghostlight released from the American Conservatory Theater. It's supposedly the first English language recording and it's good.

I'm enjoying "Kitty's Kisses." It isn't a great score, but it's pleasant. I need to do some research on it though. Was "The Continental" written for that (it's only in the Finale and not mentioned by that name) or was it just incorporated to give the recording a "hit" song?

In a Review by William Ruhlmann, All Music Guide (quoted from e-music.com):

Krasker, however, sweetens the pot a little. He notes that one part of the score was missing despite his efforts, the "Finale Ultimo." "… [R]ather than omit it altogether," he writes in his liner notes, "we devised one of our own with a playful tip of the hat to the composer." That is to say, he interpolated another Conrad song at the end, perhaps the composer's best-known composition, "The Continental" from the 1934 Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers film The Gay Divorcée, the first song to win an Academy Award. Thus, Kitty's Kisses finally has its hit song, albeit drafted in from eight years in the future.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:18:59 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up