« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2011, 09:06:53 AM »

Happy Birthday, Noel!
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: STARS
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2011, 09:17:36 AM »

The best thing about three Allison Hayes photos on EBAY selling for $125+. $200+, and $300+ is that new photos of her will start showing up!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2011, 09:20:01 AM »

DR FJL - Indiana Child Labor Laws do not permit children under 16 to work past 10 p.m. on a night before school attendance.  I am not sure how that would apply to theaters.....maybe Equity has some concession - and maybe NY laws are different.

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2011, 09:25:43 AM »

I'm still thinking about the TOD. Many of the books I can think of have already been turned into movies.  Didn't always like them, but they have been made into movies. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2011, 09:32:15 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ check www.cablestogo.com - they seem to offer a serial to USB cable you might be able to use.

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2011, 09:35:10 AM »

I haven't been sitting here like so much fish rudely ignoring all the lovely anniversary wishes.  The wireless was so wonky when we were ready to go across the square for brunch that I just put the computer to sleep.  So, thank you to DRs:

JohnG
Elmore
JMK
Cillaliz
FJL
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:37:05 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2011, 09:42:02 AM »

I'm up, and in a moment I shall go take music over to Staples for Xeroxing.

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2011, 09:47:10 AM »

We slept too late to attend the complimentary breakfast here at the hotel (not a big loss...), so we went across Ellis Square to Goose Feathers.  Richard had spinach & feta quiche and I had their famous oatmeal with apples and walnuts.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2011, 09:56:57 AM »

Your memory hasn't failed you, Druxy, go to the ABE (Advance Book Exchange) and their book search. 15 copies from the paperback to hardcover first.  Published in 1964.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2011, 10:02:42 AM »

No mail, no banking, no nothing.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2011, 10:15:10 AM »

DR Ginny & DS Richard,

Jane

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2011, 10:16:04 AM »

I would also send you wishes on FB except I still can't comment over there. 

Jane

« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2011, 10:20:45 AM »

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2011, 10:22:11 AM »

I'm awake and all caught up on the weekends posts.

Happy Anniversay DR Ginny and Richard
Happy Birthday to e&t DR Noel

Speaking if the TOD, going to take the DP to see "Harry Potter..." today. I there is one more theatre in the area that is sill showing it. 

Jane

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2011, 10:23:18 AM »

DR Danise, that was one of my favorite dresses too (Olivia Wilde).

I can't open Danise's link.  As mentioned yesterday I think Olivia Wilde's dress was terrific.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »

I have more Turner news. 

While doing my weekly search, I came across a newspaper listing that his business property is being sold due to forclosure.  I fired an email off the law firm asking about my rights.  I have to wait until the sale to see if there is any money left over from the sale and then I can make a claim.

The sale is in Febuary.

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2011, 10:24:31 AM »

DR Jrand, your photo was also terrific! :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2011, 10:36:29 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR Noel!

Here is how Richard and I celebrated your birthday, 30 years ago today:

Beautiful picture.. Happy Anniversary Ginny and Richard!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2011, 10:37:03 AM »

Of all the ladies I saw on the red carpet, I think I liked Michelle Williams the best.

I rather like the dress and would not mind a version of that with a shorter skirt
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »

Happy Birthday Noel!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2011, 10:39:50 AM »

I was pleased that Colin Firth won for his portrayal of George VI. He did an excellent job.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2011, 10:42:14 AM »

I meant to comment earlier about being on page 4 so early in the day!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2011, 10:45:45 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And it's supposed to snow and sleet here in NYC later tonight.

*I blame DR Cillaliz for the sleet. ;)

and you can blame me for the cold.  We are sending that on from North Dakota! ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2011, 10:47:16 AM »

Has anyone else here been watching DOWNTON ABBEY on Masterpiece Whatever-They're-Calling-It?  I think it's absolutely wonderful!  If you liked UPSTAIRS, DOWNSTAIRS, you would most likely want to take this series in, as well.  The second episode ran last night.  I don't know if it's on Hulu or On Demand or not.  I do know that the entire series was released last week on DVD...

I have enjoyed it also and when i saw it my first thought was UPstairs, Downstairs

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2011, 10:48:54 AM »

re: Natalie Portman's dress last night.

It was okay but I really didn't like it that much. But the funny thing is that I think the rose was the best part! (DR Cilla said the dress would be better without it).

I agree.... The dress would have been far prettier without the flower.

However I have to agree with Danise, I also liked Olivia Wilde's dress.

I like how teh glitters and sequins resembled tumbling stars...  Very pretty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2011, 10:49:44 AM »

or spilt glitter

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »

I have more Turner news. 

While doing my weekly search, I came across a newspaper listing that his business property is being sold due to forclosure.  I fired an email off the law firm asking about my rights.  I have to wait until the sale to see if there is any money left over from the sale and then I can make a claim.

The sale is in Febuary.

Danise, you are doing everything right to get your money.  I'm impressed.  Stick to it and eventually you'll get it.

Keep on fighting Danise...... I send vibes of stength

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2011, 10:51:41 AM »

Great photo Jrand!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2011, 10:55:32 AM »

This is an interesting article relating to food from each state......

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/01/14/the-united-states-of-yum-and-a-chislic-recipe/

and here is a close up of the map

http://myfoodlooksfunny.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/food-by-state2.jpg

BTW, the author spelt Knoephal incorrectly. It is Knoephla

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2011, 10:56:29 AM »

I need to contemplate TOD for a bit!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up