Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SLIGHTLY CRAZED  (Read 11444 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: SLIGHTLY CRAZED
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 06:45:30 AM »

I enjoyed "My Old Man and the Sea," as I recall. Wasn't it supposed to be made into a movie at some point?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 06:45:42 AM »

Page two book dance!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 06:48:53 AM »

TOD: Stuff for classes: "The Craft of Research," "Dangerous Games: The Uses and Abuses of History," and "The Schools We Need and Why We Don't Have Them." I'm hoping to squeeze in David Sedaris' "Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk" to keep my sanity. 
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 06:49:25 AM »

I'm a bit on edge this morning. Job interview this afternoon.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 06:50:29 AM »

And I don't think I would want to smoke anything concupiscible. But maybe that's just me. Am having to take drug tests for prospective jobs. Wonder how it would register on the charts.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:56:56 AM by John G. »
― Voltaire

Kerry

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 06:51:04 AM »

Good luck!
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 06:52:53 AM »

It turns out that I am not working today after all.

Will you play in the snow?

I rad the Louis Edmonds book about a year or two ago; I was interested in CANDIDE and ERNEST IN LOVE and they were hardly mentioned. The book appeared to be primarily for DARK SHADOW fans, and I was never into the series. The person with great CANDIDE stories was the actor Conrad Bain, who played several roles including that of the Very Old Inquisitor. He loved the show and liked talking about it.

Conrad Bain of Maude and Different Strokes?

The very same. What a nice man!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 06:53:58 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Fr. Richard is attending his clergy meeting this morning and I'm easing into the day.  There is a gathering for wives this afternoon, at which I plan to be as inconspicuous as I possibly can.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 06:55:54 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Interview Vibes for DR JohnG! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 06:56:38 AM »

TOD - John Jakes' SAVANNAH, which takes place in December 1864.  I intended to finish it before we visited there, but now I'm glad we saw the city before Hattie and her mother took refuge there as General Sherman approached their Ogeechee River plantation.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 06:57:03 AM »

Interview vibes to DR John G!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 06:58:40 AM »

DR ELMORE I might be able to manufacture you a copy of the two films, if you like.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 06:58:59 AM »

Interview vibes for DR JOHNG

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 06:59:18 AM »

There is a LOT of snow falling right now.  As promised yesterday by the weather man.

Laura

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 06:59:23 AM »

There is a gathering for wives this afternoon, at which I plan to be as inconspicuous as I possibly can.

Don't volunteer for anything.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2011, 07:04:21 AM »

LOL, DR Laura!  That's my intention...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 07:23:05 AM »

DR ELMORE I might be able to manufacture you a copy of the two films, if you like.

I would love it!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2011, 07:40:04 AM »

This morning I opened Google and this is what I saw

Very cool!

The JFK library is digitizing some of the documents and stuff and placing them on their website I have  been to the JFK library before. Very nice.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:48:34 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2011, 07:41:36 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Fr. Richard is attending his clergy meeting this morning and I'm easing into the day.  There is a gathering for wives this afternoon, at which I plan to be as inconspicuous as I possibly can.

Good plan!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2011, 07:42:01 AM »

Job interview vibes to John G.!

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 07:42:25 AM »

I'm reading The Lacuna.  Don't love it-don't hate it.  I'm about 1/2 way through.  I have The Confession by John Grishom and Cutting for Stone waiting for me when I'm done.   Of course I read all day, but that's work

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2011, 07:43:15 AM »

I didn't get much sleep again.  It's like something is bugging me, but I have no idea what it is.  Probably just hormones keeping me awake

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 07:47:43 AM »

I recall loving the novelization of HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS.

I have actually seen that book before....

It is rumoured that there is a movie version in the works with Johnny Depp playing Barnabas.

I do recall the version from the early 1990s with Ben Cross as Barnabas. I felt the show never got a chance to really find an audience

On the subject of novelizations, a number of shows novelized their scripts inluding Days, Another World, Guidnig Light, ATWT and the Doctor Who Series

I have quite a few DW ones

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2011, 08:18:44 AM »

Restful calm and sleep vibes for Cilla..

John G.

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2011, 08:25:37 AM »

Thank you all for the good thoughts. Now, if I can keep it together for a few more hours. One way of killing time: Ironing the shirt I plan to wear.
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2011, 08:25:52 AM »

I'm awake.  Today will be mostly combining key 2 and key 3 for The Wedding Singer and creating the patch list so if I get to my other show early tonight, I can start programing my keyboard for a rehearsal (!) I just found out I had on Sunday evening.  Oy and Vey 

John G.

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2011, 08:26:41 AM »

I didn't get much sleep again.  It's like something is bugging me, but I have no idea what it is.  Probably just hormones keeping me awake
Hot buttered rum might do the trick. Of course I can't guarantee how you'll feel the next morning ...
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2011, 08:29:47 AM »

DR JohnG, many job interview vibes for you!

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2011, 08:30:25 AM »

Very glad that kitten Joshie is enjoying his canned foods   ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 08:30:58 AM »

Could use a few vibes for positive resolution to legal matters
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up