Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: REEKING OF ORANGE CHICKEN  (Read 10640 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: REEKING OF ORANGE CHICKEN
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2011, 07:09:51 PM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2011, 07:16:43 PM »

Media report - DVD: we just watched the first episode of a BBC series called NEW TRICKS.  Richard loved it and I found it OK.  Alun Armstrong, who played Threnardier in the 10th anniversary Les Mis, is in the cast.

we love this show. It airs on our local PBS weekly
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

FJL

« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »

This is from the Times blog.    Was Theoni Aldredge 78 or 88?  (Rep[orts seem to conflict.)

"January 21, 2011, 12:46 PM
Theoni V. Aldredge, Costume Designer for ‘Chorus Line,’ ‘Annie,’ Has Died
By PATRICIA COHEN
Theoni V. Aldredge, the designer of the fabulously feathered transvestites in the original stage version of “La Cage aux Folles” and Little Orphan Annie’s red dress on Broadway, died Friday morning in Connecticut, said her husband Tom Aldredge. She was 88.

Considered one of the greatest costume designers of her era, Ms. Aldredge created the clothes for more than 300 stage and film productions, including “Gypsy,” “A Chorus Line,” “Dreamgirls” and “42nd Street.” She won an Oscar in 1975 for “The Great Gatsby” with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow, and three Tony awards for “Barnum,” “Annie” and “La Cage.” In 1984 it was nearly impossible to take in the Broadway season without seeing one of Ms. Aldredge’s deliciously innovative costumes: five concurrently running shows (including “La Cage”) put 1,000 of her creations on stage at the same time.

A full obituary will follow.

An earlier version of this post gave the wrong age for Ms. Aldredge when she died. She was 88 not 78."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2011, 07:25:25 PM »

Time to head home and get ready for the series finale of "Medium."

:P

We still have the previous episode to watch.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »

Thank you for the compliments on my photos.  I wasn't fishing for them.  I really do see a difference in the clarity.  I just remembered I took the photo of the clouds over pilot rock through the car window while Keith was driving, plus Pilot Rock is very far away.

Laura

« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2011, 07:35:11 PM »

The far away and the moving photos are tough.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Michael

« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2011, 07:50:37 PM »

on blu

Psycho
Dark City
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »

Good Evening!

And, yes, the cold-cold temps are starting to blow into New York City. Literally.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2011, 08:13:45 PM »

Just finished "The Boys." Great music. Sad story. And it makes me want to catch the next Gardenia show more than ever.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2011, 08:57:38 PM »

Very worrisome Word issues today - first time ever.  Started on the liner notes - I got a pop-up window that said I had too many windows open and to close them - of course, I had no windows open whatsoever.  Then I tried to save and another pop-up window came up that asked if I wanted to save a rescued version - I said yes, but it never did it.  I went to close the document and it wouldn't close - got another pop-up that said Word didn't have sufficient memory - say what?  I finally highlighted everything and saved, then finally was able to close the doc.  When I opened it again, the last section I'd been working on wasn't there.  Luckily, I just cut and pasted it back and all was well and I had no further problem.

Then when I was writing just now for the book, the same thing happened and THAT scrared me like crazy.  I went through the same things, highlighted the previous twenty pages just in case, then closed out of the document.  When I reopened, everything was there.  But I sent a copy of it to myself via e-mail, and I know the computer itself saves everything via Time Machine every forty minutes or so - still I really don't like that sort of stuff.  I haven't been able to find out anything online about it, and I may call Apple tomorrow to see if they have any suggestions, although I'm sure they'll just tell me to call whoever makes Word for Mac.

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2011, 08:58:52 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2011, 09:02:44 PM »

BK, have you rebooted at all?   Sometimes that resolves that sort of error

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2011, 09:12:10 PM »

Without knowing the name of today's notes, DS Zach just told me how much he loves Orange Chicken. :)

BK, I believe you had this problem a long time ago, maybe when you were PC'd (so to speak).  You can alleviate it sometimes by deleting NORMAL.DOT (yes, that's DOT after the .).  That file will automatically reconstitute itself when you start Word the next time.  I have to do it occasionally.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »

I have been playing my facebook games and looked up to find Ricky and Callie on the couch together. Ricky was giving Callie a bath.  They let me take a photo.  Now if I can just find the cord to put the photo in my computer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2011, 09:17:33 PM »

And now...

Itzhak Perlman like you've never heard him before!

;D ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2011, 09:21:23 PM »

Finally found something about the problem and the solution seems to be, as Cilla notes above, to restrart the computer.  Sometimes if you're working a lot in Word and you don't restart, it saves up all sorts of things that eat up memory - when you restart apparently all those useless things go away and you start with fresh memory.  It's just odd I've never had this problem on any Mac before.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2011, 09:26:15 PM »

Finally found something about the problem and the solution seems to be, as Cilla notes above, to restrart the computer.  Sometimes if you're working a lot in Word and you don't restart, it saves up all sorts of things that eat up memory - when you restart apparently all those useless things go away and you start with fresh memory.  It's just odd I've never had this problem on any Mac before.

It's more of a Microsoft Word problem. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2011, 10:46:29 PM »

I'm uploading two Brain From Planet X videos - it really takes a long time to do so - I've got more to upload after that.  These are all the edisaurus-edited videos from the original LACC production.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2011, 10:47:05 PM »

And boy does it make the computer run slowly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2011, 11:02:59 PM »

Here's the first of the two videos - Good Girl/Bad Girl, with Merrill Grant and Grady Williams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf9OpDZzDWc

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2011, 11:42:51 PM »

Where has JRand been all day? I was hoping for a dream interpretation and he is out lallygagging.

MBarnum

« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2011, 11:47:08 PM »

Just finished watching an Audie Murphy western called SHOWDOWN (1963). It costarred Charles Drake and Kathleen Crowley. I had never seen this one before and I quite enjoyed it.

Encore Westerns has been showing a lot of old Universal studios westerns, which are my favorite westerns of all.

MBarnum

« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »

And fans of WAGON TRAIN may be interested to know that Encore Westerns has begun to show the old reruns of that tv program.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up