Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: REEKING OF ORANGE CHICKEN  (Read 10636 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: REEKING OF ORANGE CHICKEN
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2011, 12:02:10 PM »

DR MBarnum are you going to drive to the gym from now on?

Does anyone else think there is a possibility that DR MBarnum's dreams and DR Elmore33's dreams are somehow "linked"...????

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2011, 12:03:07 PM »

DR JoseSPiano:   That "Red Sea" memory made me recall the cheesy "fire" effects in "Lestat".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2011, 12:26:42 PM »

DR Jane, I will keep walking since I walk from work to the gym, then from the gym home. I don't drive ot work any longer.

It will start getting darker later, so then it won't seem as ominous a trek. But I should try to find a better lit route, in the meantime.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2011, 12:54:01 PM »

Wrote three pages, then went and had some bacon and eggs - now back to write more.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2011, 01:12:55 PM »

Had a kind of funny thing happen this morning.  I went to visit one of my choir members, who had a devastating stroke in December.  She's quite spry physically, able to move OK, but she can't really talk yet and even her writing is often confused.  We sat and sang together, since music and lyrics are stored in a different part of the brain from language, and she was able to at least hum along.  But she then picked up a piece of paper and wrote in a scrawl:  NORSE MUSIC.  I started laughing and asked her if she wanted me to bring Norse music, and she just started giggling hysterically, obviously that was not what she intended.  The funny thing is, I just a couple of days ago got a new audio BD to review of the Norwegian choral group Ensemble 96 and I told her I could bring her a copy!  Still not sure exactly what she was asking for.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2011, 01:25:17 PM »

Also in that dream, I had great difficulty reaching police by dialing 911. First I kept dialing the wrong number, then the operator berated me, and then no 911 operators would answer or the call just wouldn't go through.

I think I have had this occur in dreams before, along with dreams where I am unable to dial a phone number correctly, over and over.
I saw this on "The Simpsons" once. Bart, in a spoof of "Vertigo," dials 911. He gets a taped message and just starts hitting buttons. "You have selected regicide," the taped voice says back. "If you know the name of the monarch or royalty that has been killed, press 1 ..."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2011, 01:42:11 PM »

DR Jane, I will keep walking since I walk from work to the gym, then from the gym home. I don't drive ot work any longer.

It will start getting darker later, so then it won't seem as ominous a trek. But I should try to find a better lit route, in the meantime.

I hope you can find a better lit route, if not get one of those little flashlights that hooks on your pants loop.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2011, 01:42:40 PM »

Greetings from Jacksonville International Airport!  We are all checked in and through security, but our flight is now delayed more than an hour.  Fr. Richard could have stayed for a little more of this morning's meeting...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Safe Travel Vines for DR Ginny & Richard! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I missed this earlier!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »

Had a kind of funny thing happen this morning.  I went to visit one of my choir members, who had a devastating stroke in December.  She's quite spry physically, able to move OK, but she can't really talk yet and even her writing is often confused.  We sat and sang together, since music and lyrics are stored in a different part of the brain from language, and she was able to at least hum along.  But she then picked up a piece of paper and wrote in a scrawl:  NORSE MUSIC.  I started laughing and asked her if she wanted me to bring Norse music, and she just started giggling hysterically, obviously that was not what she intended.  The funny thing is, I just a couple of days ago got a new audio BD to review of the Norwegian choral group Ensemble 96 and I told her I could bring her a copy!  Still not sure exactly what she was asking for.  :)

My scattered brain interpreted that as "more" music.

Nice story and I'm sure your visit was very beneficial physically & emotionally. 

John G.

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2011, 01:47:05 PM »

Someone recently posted that he or she didn't know Gregory Harrison could sing. Found this on YouTube of his performance as Benjamin Stone in the "Follies" revival from a few years back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiF4jJ5oa9k&feature=related
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2011, 02:28:52 PM »

I went for a hike today & remembered my camera.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »

Someone recently posted that he or she didn't know Gregory Harrison could sing. Found this on YouTube of his performance as Benjamin Stone in the "Follies" revival from a few years back:

Wow, he is quite a good singer!

John G.

― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2011, 03:44:38 PM »

You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »

This afternoon I sorta went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2011, 03:58:26 PM »

I had a strange dream also. I dreamt I was late leaving to drive to California for a meeting, so I went to the airport ticket counter to buy a plane ticket so I could get there on time. Man, did they ever have a snotty attitude.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »

I had a strange dream also. I dreamt I was late leaving to drive to California for a meeting, so I went to the airport ticket counter to buy a plane ticket so I could get there on time. Man, did they ever have a snotty attitude.

Was this really a dream? ;D

JMK

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2011, 04:09:47 PM »

My scattered brain interpreted that as "more" music.

Nice story and I'm sure your visit was very beneficial physically & emotionally. 

Maybe--except that after giggling, she crossed out NORSE and wrote NOSCW and underlined it vigorously.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »

Wow, he is quite a good singer!

How can you tell?  The sound is terrible ;D

JMK

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2011, 04:14:34 PM »

Hopefully you were weearing your wetsuit and scuba gear.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2011, 04:14:34 PM »

Did you take the beautiful photos in your back yard?

John G.

« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2011, 04:24:50 PM »

Last episode of "Glee" Season One. It's almost like recess in an hour.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2011, 04:40:37 PM »

From Cilla:
Well the website is right in the logo...

Since the point was the message & not the website I never opened it.  ;D

Oh, I didn't think you did.  It made me chuckle when I did because it's something I woulld NEVER expect you to send intentionally.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »

LOL-Not I. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2011, 04:42:51 PM »

Some day I would love to reek of  Genghis Cohen's Orange Chicken.  I have heard so many wonderful things about the place that I just have to find a way to eat there in this lifetime.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2011, 04:43:49 PM »

I'm trying to learn how to crop & adjust my photos.  I need to figure out how to crop more from each photo.

Laura

« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »

Did you take the beautiful photos in your back yard?

No.

Laura

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2011, 04:45:08 PM »

Some day I would love to reek of  Genghis Cohen's Orange Chicken.  I have heard so many wonderful things about the place that I just have to find a way to eat there in this lifetime.

My favorite is the green beans. I could make a meal of them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up