Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ERRATIC MOUSE  (Read 9756 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE ERRATIC MOUSE
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2011, 10:31:08 PM »

PAGE SIX!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2011, 10:32:13 PM »

Woo hoo!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2011, 10:33:26 PM »

Thank you for the help, Laura.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »

And now...........................

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »

Other than the matzo brei and two bagels, I had some cashew nuts and red licorice.  I'm hungry, but I ain't eatin'.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2011, 11:42:48 PM »

Good Evening!

So... It is cold here in NYC right now, but, frankly - at least in my honest opinion - it's not that cold. Yet. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2011, 11:43:49 PM »

Cat Freddy and I are awaiting the arrival of 23 year old Cole, whom we will babysitting this evening.

23 year old Cole?

DR TCB - Maybe DR MBarnum was talking in "dog years"? ??? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2011, 11:46:27 PM »

I was talking with a restaurateur the other day who owns a place known for its from-scratch pies, including lemon meringue. I asked him if he'd ever made a pink grapefruit meringue pie using a sweet Texas red grapefruit called Rio Star. Just talking about it made me hungry for one, so I went out and bought the grapefruit with the plans of making it later today. The guy called me last night and told me his kitchen had experimented with the idea and a pie was waiting for me at the restaurant. Thought that was very nice of him.

One of my favorite diners in Richmond occasionally features a "Grapefruit Chess" Pie. YUMMY!!

So... Were you able to make it back to the restaurant tonight to try it out?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2011, 11:48:24 PM »

DR elmore - Did you get a chance to check out On Stage In Fashion while you were at the NYPL for the Performing Arts?

I checked it out earlier this week, and while I was looking at Mainbocher's costumes for Mary Martin, "The Sound of Music" sung by Mary Martin started playing in the background. What a truly perfect moment.

Alas, the exhibit closes today, but at least the exhibition brochure is available online.

No! I didn't realize it closes today and it was always something I meant to do "next visit." Damn!

Aw, I'm sorry you missed it. I, too, thought it would be running longer. -It really was/is quite a wonderful exhibit. They even had some swatches of fabric and lace-work out for people to touch.  And it's always fascinating looking at costumes and realized just how small or tall certain actors and actresses were.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »

I keep asking him to make more, only we need more potatoes first.  I can't cut a raw potato because of my shoulder or I would make my own.

You could always buy THESE.

They look yummy. :)

They are. -And they are available at your local Whole Foods Market. -And they are also packaged under Trader Joe's house-brand.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 11:51:56 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2011, 11:52:55 PM »

Whew!  I went to the office at about 10:30 AM.  I built the printer stand, then set up Edith's computer and moved her old one to the new computer stand in the library/conference room.  Then I had to load in the software and figure out how to move the calendar from her old computer to her new one.  And configure the new printer as a network printer and then get the new computer configured to the network backup.  It took awhile, but I did it.   I was amazed that all my office software activated without buying another license.  I thought I had one license left and was thrilled that I did.   Anyway I looked outside about 3:30 and it was snowing like crazy.   I packed up and left.  It was quite a messy drive home and I am very glad to be here where it's warm. 

Whew is right, DR Cillaliz. -Glad to read that you got everything set up, and that you made it home before the roads got really messy.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2011, 11:57:36 PM »

I finally got to see an epsiode of CASH CAB.  What a strange show, but made more entertaining by the New Yorkers who get in the cab.  Only in New York.

Of course, the producers actually screen the potential contestants. Nothing is ever totally random. -But it would be fun to see a truly totally random bunch of people get in... who were running late to get some place. And/or had to go from the top of the island down to Batter Park. There would be a lot of time for questions.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2011, 11:58:39 PM »

Cat Freddy and I are awaiting the arrival of 23 year old Cole, whom we will babysitting this evening.

You're baby sitting a 23 year old?

Well, if that's what the ad on Craigslist requested...

;D  :o   ;D   :P   ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2011, 12:00:12 AM »

Here are the links to the Brain videos I posted on You Tube - I finally had several things converted to Quick Time files for easy posting and I'll be uploading them over the next few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf9OpDZzDWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TrLCtLde_E

Cool!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2011, 12:05:10 AM »

This morningthe Vixter and I drove over to the college to get a text book for her  next semester - we had been able to buy the other two books she needed online  (and for cheap) but couldn't get this particular title

They had a sign up in the bookstore for a competition:

"Are you a marketing genius? How do we get students to likeTextbooks?"

My suggestion

reduce the price by 3/4    $90 for a 200 page paperback - ridiculous!!!

A friend of mine started grad school up at SUNY-Purchase this past Fall, and, luckily, all of his textbooks were available as iPad compatible e-books.  So, instead of lugging around 40 pounds of textbooks each day, he just pack his iPad in his day-bag. Some of them he had to buy outright as e-books, while others were "leased" for a set amount of time - the semester.  He still spent quite a bit of money of the textbooks, but he ended up spending a little over half of what he would have had to shell out if he had bought actual hard copies of his textbooks.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: January 23, 2011, 12:06:07 AM »

Ricky hasn't quite mastered hide and seek

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2011, 12:16:40 AM »

And as the day is about to turn here on HHW...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2011, 12:17:01 AM »

Today, I made DVDs of a couple of videotapes that I found in my garage.  The one that I specifically looked for was the 3-D episode of the 2nd season finale of "3rd Rock From the Sun."  When I bought it, I also got extra 3-D glasses, but they're somewhere around my place.  I was able to record it onto a DVD and the 3-D effects still work!  It uses the clear/gray glasses, not the red/blue glasses, so if you don't have the glasses, the picture still looks perfectly normal. 

The other videotape that I made a DVD of was "Twice Upon a Time," an animated movie produced by George Lucas.  When it was shown on HBO in 1983, it had a slightly different soundtrack...some of the dialogue was more racy and not appropriate for children. ;) But the author (I think) didn't approve of the changes, so when it was released on VHS, the "cleaner" dialogue was used.  It's never been on DVD and probably won't be.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2011, 12:21:12 AM »

A couple of hours ago, I went to Fred Meyer because I realized that my rewards card coupons expired tonight (they close at 11:00 p.m.)!  The ones that I used were for 20% off up to four items of apparel and one for $10 off with a $50 purchase.  I bought four shirts that were 40% off to begin with and then with the coupons, I got another 20% off each AND $10 off on top of that!  Score! :D

George

« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2011, 12:23:56 AM »

I finally got to see an epsiode of CASH CAB.  What a strange show, but made more entertaining by the New Yorkers who get in the cab.  Only in New York.

I just discovered this last week...I love it!

George

« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2011, 12:31:54 AM »

I was talking with a restaurateur the other day who owns a place known for its from-scratch pies, including lemon meringue. I asked him if he'd ever made a pink grapefruit meringue pie using a sweet Texas red grapefruit called Rio Star. Just talking about it made me hungry for one, so I went out and bought the grapefruit with the plans of making it later today. The guy called me last night and told me his kitchen had experimented with the idea and a pie was waiting for me at the restaurant. Thought that was very nice of him.

Nice!  And the pink grapefruit meringue pie sound wonderful!  I love grapefruit. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up