Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF  (Read 11313 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2011, 06:34:07 PM »

Glad to hear that you are okay Cilla
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Danise

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2011, 06:36:29 PM »

From yesterday,  I don't know about legal, DR Jane but I was told that it was standard procedure to have your appendix taken out while have any type of surgery in or around the stomach.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »

Just took my first cardiac walk around the basement after being off for more than a week.  I took it a bit slower than usual, but will now get back in the daily habit.  The good news is that I didn't gain any weight on our vacation.

DR Ginny, that's fantastic news!
  I'm picking up that I missed something but I'm glad that your ok, DR Ginny. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »

Page 5 Dance
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:40:12 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »

DR Danise - while you were away from us, I had a heart attack on August 3 and had a stent placed in the blocked and torn artery.  I've been through cardiac rehab, changed my diet and exercise habits, lost 25 pounds (so far) and take a boatload of meds.  It was a classic wake up call that I'm heeding to the max.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2011, 06:41:58 PM »

Ginny, I am glad you are doing well. Keep onward and upward

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2011, 06:42:12 PM »

DR LAURA....time will tell.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »

Lovely pictures from DR ELMORE.

Wow DR CILLA LIZ - what a scary thing to happen!!!

Danise

« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2011, 06:42:58 PM »

DR Danise - while you were away from us, I had a heart attack on August 3 and had a stent placed in the blocked and torn artery.  I've been through cardiac rehab, changed my diet and exercise habits, lost 25 pounds (so far) and take a boatload of meds.  It was a classic wake up call that I'm heeding to the max.
  Oh wow!  I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm very glad that you are ok!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2011, 06:44:06 PM »

I am watching BLACK NARCISSUS as well.

Earlier today, we had the first instructors' rehearsal for Putnam County Dancing With the Stars.  I didn't learn the dance, but I have two days to work on it.....whew!

I am thinking I will use Guy Haines' recording of PICK YOURSELF UP for my routine this year....I will meet my partner on Tuesday night and I am hoping she has SOME dance know how.

Laura

« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2011, 06:44:13 PM »

Ginny had us all pretty worried there.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2011, 06:44:35 PM »

BTW Danise, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet the fair Ginny and she truly is a gem. Great person!

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2011, 06:45:23 PM »

Ginny, I am glad you are doing well. Keep onward and upward

Thanks, DR DakotaCelt!  No more Montgomery Inn or Graeter's for me - well, maybe, special occasions, ver-r-r-r-ry special.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2011, 06:45:45 PM »

I also picked up the rest of the scrapbooks from the theatre to continue work on the 50th Anniversary DVD.  I got all the way up to 1980.....but I had to stop.

I couldn't pull into the theatre driveway because of the snow - so I parked next door at the Presbyterian Church and carried the scrapbooks over to my car.....and the must have weighed ....  well A LOT!!!  Ouch now my back hurts.

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2011, 06:46:09 PM »

Oh wow!  I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm very glad that you are ok!

Thank you, DR Danise!  I actually feel better than before and didn't even know I felt bad then.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »

AND there is nothing like standing in a dance studio with mirrors all around you to make you face the truth of your weight......no place to hide.

Danise

« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2011, 06:51:17 PM »

BTW Danise, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet the fair Ginny and she truly is a gem. Great person!
  I got to meet her in NYC.  And she is a wonderful person.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2011, 06:52:31 PM »

DRs Danise and Dakota - *blush*

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2011, 06:53:47 PM »

DR JRand - in the book I just finished reading, John Jakes' SAVANNAH, there is a character fighting for the Union who's from Putnam County, Indiana.

Danise

« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »

Ginny had us all pretty worried there.
  I can imagine so!  I kept seeing things in some of the posts that made me think something happened but I wasn't 100% sure.  Being any HR person, I know about HIPPA so I wasn't sure if I should ask.

I felt bad the other night when I asked DR John if he had other health problems like me.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2011, 06:55:55 PM »

Welll.. It is true Ginny!

Danise

« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »

DRs Danise and Dakota - *blush*

Truth is truth!  I only hope we have the chance to meet again.  You and Dakota and everyone else that I have and haven't met yet.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2011, 07:00:31 PM »

The daughter of my freind Betsy is in the production end of filmmaking and one of the films she was working on got picked up by a major distributor at Sundance

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/01/like-crazy-sundance-anton-yelchin-jones-jennifer-lawrence.html

Nice! :)

Jane

« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2011, 07:01:11 PM »

From Jose:

They are. -And they are available at your local Whole Foods Market. -And they are also packaged under Trader Joe's house-brand.

Sure, rub it in that we don't have either of those store anywhere near us. ;)

The closest TJ's is just over two hours away in California.

The closest WF's is about four hours away in Bend, Oregon.  Often when we are in Portland we go to Whole Foods or when in L.A. 

I am jealous the  closest TJ to me is in the Twin Cities and Rochester, MN

;D

Jane

« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2011, 07:01:56 PM »

Wow!  I'm so very glad your alright, DR Cillaliz!  What a close call. 

Your talking about cursing in car made me think about how when I was a little girl who didn't drive, my Dad would swear up a storm sometimes while driving.  I always asked him, "Why do you do that Daddy?"  He would grumble but never really gave me an answer. 

Then I started driving and the first time someone cut me off and almost caused me to have an accident the first words out of my mouth were-&#@$!!  My Dad was with me and he just started laughing and said, "Remember when you asked me why I said those things?  Now you know why!" 

Great story. ;D

Danise

« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »

You know sometimes dogs are just like having a kid.

I've bought some pretty expensive toys for them and where are they?  All in the back yard to be rained on. 

What is their favorite toys?  Two .99 cent little "men" I got from Walmart.  Both Sheena and Toby carry them everywhere and it's been at least a month or two since they got them.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2011, 07:05:02 PM »

I suggest you see if Walmart still has those toys.  You might want to stock up on them. ;D

Danise

« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2011, 07:05:47 PM »

Hate to say it, Gang, but I have to go get my shower and head to bed.  Another long work week looms ahead. 

Have a good evening all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »

I suggest you see if Walmart still has those toys.  You might want to stock up on them. ;D
  I will. 

Goodnight!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2011, 07:13:46 PM »

If anyone wants to take a stab at this drean go for it

I have had this off and on for years

I am in a black carriage or some sort of wagon with sides and it being pulled by horses.  There are people speaking in a language I do not understand  and they are in the wagon with me. The clothes are not of this century. There are loud booms and crashes out side of the carriage or wagon that iI am in

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up