Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NEW ENTRY  (Read 11284 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE NEW ENTRY
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2011, 11:54:09 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I'm still trying to track down the nominations. All I keep coming up with are the snubs. And my internet connection is running really slow this morning. ???

This link to the Academy Awards website should help you out.

Thank You, DR Ron Pulliam.

And Roger Ebert has provided direct links to all of 2011 nominees that are available online via Amazon On Demand HERE. -You can watch all the trailers for free.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »

Back from Toyland and NO DAMNED CHECK! This foundation ass is really working my last nerve.

On a happier note, my beloved goddaughter Charlotte has posted this wonderful photo of her mother (on the right) at the recording session of the OBC of COMPANY.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2011, 01:09:29 PM »

Mom had surgery this morning to repair a hernia. She's home, and the doctor told Dad it went well, but she's in a tremendous amount of pain and I'm sure she won't take a pain pill until the pain gets unbearable, which means waiting that much longer before the pill begins to work.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2011, 01:10:04 PM »

Foundation Ass-Free Vibes for DR Elmore. And may the checks come pouring in (and may they all be addressed to you).
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2011, 01:24:02 PM »

Been listening to Ralph Vaughn Williams' 5 Variants on "Dives and Lazarus" and his 7th symphony today. Matches my mood, both edgy, even haunted, and yet somewhat calm.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2011, 01:27:24 PM »

Aww, your poor Mom. I hope she'll take her pain pill and feel better. And then take one often enough that it doesn't wear off completely.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2011, 01:32:20 PM »

Aww, your poor Mom. I hope she'll take her pain pill and feel better. And then take one often enough that it doesn't wear off completely.
I do, too. But that German stubbornness won't always listen to medical reason. And for that, I pity my Dad.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2011, 01:38:51 PM »

Mom had surgery this morning to repair a hernia. She's home, and the doctor told Dad it went well, but she's in a tremendous amount of pain and I'm sure she won't take a pain pill until the pain gets unbearable, which means waiting that much longer before the pill begins to work.

~~~Quick Recovery and Less Pain Vibes for DR John G.'s Mother!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2011, 01:39:20 PM »

Foundation Ass-Free Vibes for DR Elmore. And may the checks come pouring in (and may they all be addressed to you).

~~~Ditto!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2011, 01:49:47 PM »

Thanks, DR JohnG! I hope the pain lessens for your mother.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2011, 02:00:39 PM »

In other news...

The Calendar of Flavors for the City Bakery's Annual Hot Chocolate Festival has just been released...

Calendar of Flavors

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2011, 02:02:03 PM »

And...

The Clinton Street Baking Company has released their Special Flavors for February:

Pancake Month

Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2011, 02:50:47 PM »

Richard and I went on an errand today that I thought would never happen - we went to pick up Rob's restored car from the body shop!  Of course, it needs some kind of official inspection before it can be driven, so it will sit in the garage until the *first* available appointment - a week from tomorrow.  That means that it will have been 3 full months that I've been without my own car - assuming Rob's passes the inspection...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2011, 03:07:18 PM »

And...

The Clinton Street Baking Company has released their Special Flavors for February:

Pancake Month

I'm sorry, but do we need a pancake month? I suggest we extend January's Pie Month designation through the rest of the year and enjoy pie whenever possible.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2011, 03:13:56 PM »

Oh, I hope you get your car back soon, Ginny!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2011, 03:20:19 PM »

Richard and I went on an errand today that I thought would never happen - we went to pick up Rob's restored car from the body shop!  Of course, it needs some kind of official inspection before it can be driven, so it will sit in the garage until the *first* available appointment - a week from tomorrow.  That means that it will have been 3 full months that I've been without my own car - assuming Rob's passes the inspection...

What? I do hope they're not charging you a "garage-ing" fee. You would think that they would want to free up the space. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2011, 03:22:49 PM »

Half way thru page three??  At 3:10 Left Coast Time?  What is wrong with you people??
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »

And the word of the day is: PAPHIAN!

Was that a Steve McQueen movie?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2011, 03:26:07 PM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Woke up about half an hour ago from a dream in which my sister's family and mine, plus our mother, were all in NYC together, but we were in parts of the city I didn't recognize and Mom was driving.

You Mom was driving?  Was she drinking Scotch?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2011, 03:38:20 PM »

What is this page three???  I have written NINE pages, so the least you dear readers can do is get us to page FOUR.  I also had some bacon and eggs.  I will probably try to write another four pages later to finish the chapter I'm on - this chapter is really critical and so far I think it's going well.  Then it's the final two chapters, which I've pretty much already worked out.

Ben

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »

I've mentioned this before but we no longer have cable. We get over the air broadcast channels. On January 1st of this year a new channel began broadcasting called Antenna TV. It's a mix of old movies, the 3 Stooges, Benny Hill and old TV shows like Father Knows Best, Hazel, The Nanny, Three's Company, Maude, All in the Family, Good Times and the Partridge Family. They generally run the shows in series order and today they broadcast Bruce's episode where he played Marvin, the editor of the school newspaper. It was fun to see but Antenna TV has destroyed the show (not just Partridge Family but all the shows) by making cuts to fit in even more commercials. Bruce was a major plot point in this episode but they cut out EVERYTHING until near the end of the show when he comes to see Shirley to explain about having Laurie's diary. The whole Miss Dill Pickle Thing in the beginning was cut so it makes no sense that Marvin doesn't "like" Laurie because we didn't see anything! They did keep Bruce sitting at a table during the song when David Cassidy walks into the audience and sings to Bruce. I'm sure the other episodes are cut up as well. Oh, well. You looked good Bruce and you sounded so young! You were as skinny as Laurie  ;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2011, 03:48:48 PM »

Vibes to JohnG and Elmore.

JohnG, I think Ralph's Fourth would also suit your mood, at least the first movement.

Elmore, have you seen this great (IMHO) production of ELEKTRA from Baden Baden with Linda Watson?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2011, 03:49:05 PM »

Well, I need to leave work early today...actually, now.  I'm driving Margo to the hospital (again) so that a surgeon can look at her broken toe. 

George

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2011, 03:49:18 PM »

After that, I'm going to my parents' house for dinner. :D

George

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2011, 03:49:33 PM »

Be back later!

George

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2011, 03:49:48 PM »

And I just made four, count' em FOUR posts!

George

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »

;)

(make that five)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »

I spent quite a bit of time today looking for the two books about my father, which the French journalist needs, and of course they seemed to be the only two books missing from the new house.  Finally went out into the garage and discovered one last box I hadn't unpacked and lo and behold, and also behold and lo, they were in there.

Jane, tell Keith the French genealogist is having the same issues finding out anything about Jacob and Hyman.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2011, 03:56:15 PM »

Vibes to JohnG and Elmore.

JohnG, I think Ralph's Fourth would also suit your mood, at least the first movement.

Elmore, have you seen this great (IMHO) production of ELEKTRA from Baden Baden with Linda Watson?
That was yesterday's listening. I have this wonderful collection of Leonard Slatkin conducting all of his symphonies and a few extras. Good set.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »

Let's push it.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up