Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FINISHING THE BOOK  (Read 13671 times)

FJL

Re: FINISHING THE BOOK
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 06:33:51 AM »

Page 2 (unless someone deletes something)

Kerry

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 06:42:05 AM »

Congratulations, Bruce, on (more or less) finishing the book.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 06:42:24 AM »

Looks like we're still on page 2!
I like boat races.

Ben

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 06:46:06 AM »

Fred, no I've always been Ben. There was a day or two when the board switched to the new format when we had to re-register with another name but that was not even a full day if I recall correctly. There were a few weeks (such as in December 2003 and 2005) when we were on vacation and I didn't post. Plus, since most of my weekdays are spent at the office, I don't get a chance to post as often. I'm not monitored but I do get caught up in databases and meetings so I may not be here for hours at a time on any given day.

Laura

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 06:52:02 AM »

I wonder how many posts I have?
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Ben

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 06:53:05 AM »

Laura

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 06:54:43 AM »

Thank you, Ben.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 06:56:51 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept quite well, and for the first night in several weeks I have absolutely no memories of any dreams, nada, none, zilch. I did sleep late: yesterday I got very little sleep over that email, so I was quite tired, and since the City is so quiet after the snow, there were no morning sounds from the street to disturb me, only the occasional shound of a shovel scraping against concrete. It was very easy to be lazy.

I will venture down to Toyland today: I'll head down around 11 and check the damage from the snowfall. If the streets are a mess or the building turns out to be closed, I'll call Mr Sklip Kennon and and tell him to stay home. Otherwise, I look forward to a pleasant vsit and wditing session with him.

TOD:  I've had several wonderful projects, many many many okay ones, and some real disasters, the last disaster being the restoration and recording of LIFE BEGINS AT 8:40.

The best one? nominating Stephen Sondheim for the Pulitzer Prize in 1984.

The next best one is the Cole Porter restoration of his 1935 show, JUBILEE, that I did from August 1985-March 1986 and I'd follow that with my first two albums for BK, UNSUNG SONDHEIM and ANYWHERE I WANDER, both of which have flaws - I could do some rewriting - but one of the best collaborations I've ever been entitled to enter between producer, artists, and material.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 07:53:37 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 06:57:18 AM »

Fred, no I've always been Ben. There was a day or two when the board switched to the new format when we had to re-register with another name but that was not even a full day if I recall correctly. There were a few weeks (such as in December 2003 and 2005) when we were on vacation and I didn't post. Plus, since most of my weekdays are spent at the office, I don't get a chance to post as often. I'm not monitored but I do get caught up in databases and meetings so I may not be here for hours at a time on any given day.

You're not Ben?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 07:06:48 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Dreary day here in SW Ohio.  I'm going a little stir-crazy, so I'll venture out to do some errands.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 07:07:07 AM »

Congratulations to BK on finishing the book!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 07:34:20 AM »

Congrats, BK!

I wish I could write as fast as you.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2011, 07:42:03 AM »

TOD:

Since I've worked in so many different areas, that's a very difficult question.  So, I'll break it down by area:

Public Relations:

1976 "Best Song" Oscar campaign for Paul Francis Webster/Sammy Fain

Theatre:

JOLSON

Film:

CHEYENNE WARRIOR

Book (Fiction):

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD

Book (Non-Fiction):

MY FORTY-FIVE YEARS IN HOLLYWOOD AND HOW I ESCAPED ALIVE
(Writing this was very cathartic)
You can dream…or you can do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2011, 07:48:22 AM »

Ben - Did you change screen names at some point, so that your counter started again. 

(How could it be I'm near 16,500 but you're just approaching 10,000?)

Oooh, oooh, I know, I know!!  Because you post more than he does!!   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2011, 07:49:12 AM »

Speaking of which, I notice I'm not far behind Ben.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2011, 07:52:25 AM »

The tv news is saying that in Williamsburg, a section of Brooklyn, there was between 13 and 16 inches of snow last night. I think the newscaster might be exaggerating but who's to say?

I'm about ready to head down to Toyland. I've got a couple of Act One numbers waiting for a final pass, I'll have a bit of luncheon and wait for Mr Kennon.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2011, 07:54:33 AM »

Page 2 (unless someone deletes something)

It's happened before.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2011, 07:55:37 AM »

Ben - Did you change screen names at some point, so that your counter started again. 

(How could it be I'm near 16,500 but you're just approaching 10,000?)

I think that while Ben has been eating his oatmeal, and then cleaning the bowl, you managed to post a couple of more times.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2011, 08:08:42 AM »

TOD:  I don't know if this qualifies as a "creative" project per se, but my Farmer research has probably been the most fulfilling on a number of levels.  I started decades ago with a nagging feeling that there was something wrong with what was then the "accepted" version of her story, and for years pre-internet, I did a lot of legwork to track down information.  After the internet came along, I was able to find incredible new resources (including JR) and finally was able to access actual court and medical records about Frances' case.  The pendulum has completely swung, and my findings are typically regarded as definitive nowadays.  I get scores of emails weekly from people all over the world thanking me for my efforts, and it's been really gratifying.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2011, 08:26:41 AM »

Strange, everything seems like more of an effort since I've been unemployed.
I know the feeling. But it gets better. What matters is not what you do for a living, but how you live.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2011, 08:30:24 AM »

In my sleepiness this morning, I forgot to congratulate BK on his progress on the book. So, congratulations!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 09:08:40 AM »

I'm up, the sky is a gorgeous blue and in a little while I will look at what I wrote yesterday and see how I like it and, I'm sure, do some futzing and fixing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 09:12:22 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! The trip down wasn't bad, although the steps of the 27th Street subway are needlessly treacherous. Because it's relatively warm, things are melting, so the puddles are huge and sometimes deep and a lot of the slush is quite slippery.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! The trip down wasn't bad, although the steps of the 27th Street subway are needlessly treacherous. Because it's relatively warm, things are melting, so the puddles are huge and sometimes deep and a lot of the slush is quite slippery.

Keep your feet on the ground, Larry!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2011, 09:22:20 AM »

From MBarnum:
It just doesn't taste right.
;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2011, 09:23:13 AM »

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  I went to order DOCTOR ATOMIC from the Met Website and on the page asking for my credit card info, I did NOT get the icon that shows me the site is secure.

I don't want to give my card info on an unsecure internet page.  Most frustrating.

As long as the URL for the purchase page starts with "https://.."  - rather than just "http://..." - it should be a secure purchase.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2011, 09:23:36 AM »

Off to cover an early breakfast event. This is a prelude to tomorrow's Cowboy Breakfast, the largest free breakfast in the world. If the weather is fine tomorrow, tens of thousands will show up for free breakfast tacos, some country music and some fun at way too early an hour.

This morning, the volunteers are making 7,000 or so tacos to take to the Army Medical Center in town and hand them out to vets and hospital staff alike.

Wow!

John G.

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2011, 09:25:11 AM »

Off to cover an early breakfast event. This is a prelude to tomorrow's Cowboy Breakfast, the largest free breakfast in the world. If the weather is fine tomorrow, tens of thousands will show up for free breakfast tacos, some country music and some fun at way too early an hour.

This morning, the volunteers are making 7,000 or so tacos to take to the Army Medical Center in town and hand them out to vets and hospital staff alike.

Wow!
Actually, it was only 3,000. But it was impressive to watch them.

http://www.savorsa.com/2011/01/gearing-up-for-the-cowboy-breakfast/
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2011, 09:26:19 AM »

I wonder how many posts I have?

You did start over with the name change.  I wonder what your combined posts would equal.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2011, 09:27:54 AM »

Congratulations Bruce!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up