Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FINISHING THE BOOK  (Read 13638 times)

Jennifer

Re: FINISHING THE BOOK
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2011, 09:28:36 AM »

The weatherman I saw this morning for NYC weather on tv said that Central Park had I believe 18 inches.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2011, 09:34:02 AM »

The weatherman I saw this morning for NYC weather on tv said that Central Park had I believe 18 inches.

I don't believe it, but it certainly has its deep pockets.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2011, 09:39:18 AM »

I'm told the legal matters concerning my website are going to end this afternoon. It will be a major relief if it does, so I can get on with my work. But I'm nervous. We never know what the soon-to-be-ex-partner's emotional status will be.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2011, 10:03:40 AM »

OK - I'm going out to have a routine blood test, ogle some new Vera, and do some other errands - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2011, 10:06:28 AM »

OK - I'm going out to have a routine blood test, ogle some new Vera, and do some other errands - bye for now!
Vibes on the test.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2011, 10:14:11 AM »

OK...

Time for me to leave my apartment to run some errands, as well as to get out of my 'hood for the first time in two days.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2011, 10:25:25 AM »

What's your website, JohnG?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2011, 10:42:31 AM »

JohnG, what a cool website! I don't think you had ever mentioned it before, or if you did, I missed it. I hope the "legal" stuff works out well.

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2011, 10:48:26 AM »

TOD:

The interviews I have done with numerous yesteryear actors and actresses has been most fulfilling. Having the opportunity to chat with and get to know, and in some cases become good friends with, people I have enjoyed in movies and television since I was a kid, has been a joy.

Ben

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2011, 10:52:22 AM »

What's your website, JohnG?

The link is on Page 1

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »

Oh, I guess I didn't realize that URL was to JohnG's website.  :)  A bit slow on the uptake some days.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2011, 10:56:40 AM »

I'm told the legal matters concerning my website are going to end this afternoon. It will be a major relief if it does, so I can get on with my work. But I'm nervous. We never know what the soon-to-be-ex-partner's emotional status will be.

Best of luck and calm vibes for the soon-to-be-ex-partner!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2011, 11:09:14 AM »

DR John G now that I've walked Sherlock I've had time to check out http://www.savorsa.com.  You have a nice site.  If I knew anyone in the area I would send it to them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2011, 11:38:09 AM »

Have read through what I wrote yesterday and did a little futzing and fixing, but basically I was surprised how okay I thought everything was.  So, off to lunch now, and then I may do just a little more futzing and fixing and then I'll Xerox and deliver pages to Muse Margaret.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2011, 12:34:14 PM »

~~~Vibes for a Successful End to Legal Matters for DR John G.!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2011, 12:51:50 PM »

Vibes on the test.

Thanks, DR John G.  It was just the routine test I have about once a month that determines my blood thinner dosage.  It went fine and I got my other errands done and came home to spend some time on your website.  Very cool!  I've been to SA once, 28 years ago for ALA Midwinter.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2011, 12:52:48 PM »

TOD - a work in progress - a little thing I call the Vixter

;)

Mine is similar, but he's called Rob.  And I'd have to include the 30-year marriage that made him possible...

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2011, 01:14:38 PM »

When someone, independently of the rest of the employees, calls a snow day for herself, it means I don't get paid.  Everyone else is there, doing the usual work, but I'll be working for just one hour of what was originally supposed to be 9.  Grr.   >:(

The good news is that I've time to check in with all of you, thank you for the birthday wishes of ten days ago, and answer today's topic.

I'm going to have to go with Such Good Friends, taking in process, product and reaction:

The Process involved the usual years of research, leading me to come up with a story, characters, and over three dozen songs.  Meeting director Marc Bruni meant I had a meticulous dramaturg and our conversations led to new and better ideas.  The show's undergone five or six complete rewrites since its production in 2007.

The Product was a musical that thoroughly entertained audiences, making them laugh, cry and, that rarest of results, think for ninety minutes, plus intermission.  It had a hummable score, true to period, and a rare balance of silliness and emotion.

The ReactionOne Big Deal Big Time producer said "The best NYMF show ever."  And there were moving words of praise from Jean Stapleton and Jack Klugman, both of whom were famous for doing musical comedies long before they had hit sitcoms.  Plus, a set of rave reviews like the Festival has never seen http://www.myspace.com/suchgoodfriends/blog and five awards, including Talkin' Broadway's Best Musical citation.  It was a particular pleasure to see so many Hainesians there.

Plows are a-plowing, so I've gotta run, but, if you're interested in musical theatre writing, check out my blog www.NoelKatz.wordpress.com
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2011, 01:26:24 PM »

Today is the birthday of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2011, 01:49:51 PM »

And the word of the day is: PROCUMBENT!

Is that what Adam and Eve were told to do?  "To go forth and procumbent."
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2011, 02:08:18 PM »

Off to cover an early breakfast event. This is a prelude to tomorrow's Cowboy Breakfast, the largest free breakfast in the world. If the weather is fine tomorrow, tens of thousands will show up for free breakfast tacos, some country music and some fun at way too early an hour.

This morning, the volunteers are making 7,000 or so tacos to take to the Army Medical Center in town and hand them out to vets and hospital staff alike.

Wow!
Actually, it was only 3,000. But it was impressive to watch them.

http://www.savorsa.com/2011/01/gearing-up-for-the-cowboy-breakfast/

Is that you on camera, or are you the voice off-camera?
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2011, 02:09:40 PM »

TOD:

Today, I am most proud of moving all the snow from here:

to here:

so that I have a parking space that looks like this:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »

I woke up and looked out the window this morning and decided to take the day off.  But I'm wondering if the office was open at all--I logged in to our office network and saw no one on-line in Office Communicator.  So maybe I had a snow day afterall...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »

Happy almost Friday!   :) :D ;D
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2011, 02:53:38 PM »

I woke up and looked out the window this morning and decided to take the day off.  But I'm wondering if the office was open at all--I logged in to our office network and saw no one on-line in Office Communicator.  So maybe I had a snow day afterall...

Everything was moving slowly. At 11 am my bank branch at 82nd and Broadway was still closed. I stopped in on my way back from Toyland and saw a teller at 3:30.

I just ordered my tickets for the Encores! production of LOST IN THE STARS. I'm very excited.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »

His baptismal name is Joannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart.  What a mouthful!  And who knew that there was so much history with one person's name?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »

Back from another great Nate 'n' Al's lunch.  Had my favorite waitress, my usual repast, and the meeting was swellegant.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2011, 03:04:29 PM »

I made only one other tiny little dialogue addition and have printed out the pages. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2011, 03:19:52 PM »

His baptismal name is Joannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart.  What a mouthful!  And who knew that there was so much history with one person's name?

The German fantasy author E.TA. Hoffmann, whose work inspired the ballets COPPELIA and NUTCRACKER and the operas TALES OF HOFFMANN and CARDILLAC, added the Ato his name by adding Amadeus because of his love for Mozart's music.

Speaking of music, my composer friend Peter Foley recommended this fantastic history of twentieth century music, which is highly entertaining:

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »

DR George, I had never read about the history of Mozart's names before. Thanks for posting it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up