Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A DAY OF REST  (Read 12777 times)

Ginny

Re: A DAY OF REST
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »

DR Jane - last night you were asking about the skating movie.  Here's the link:

RISE
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2011, 02:32:39 PM »

...and how did you enjoy SECRET FILE: HOLLYWOOD, DR Jrand?

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2011, 02:38:15 PM »

So is RISE about the plane crash in 1961 wherein the skating team died, or is this just about skating in general? I couldn't seem to find a good description of the film.

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2011, 02:40:47 PM »

Well, I shall either take a nap or watch the Bollywood version of TOP GUN, titled AGNIPANKH.

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2011, 02:47:41 PM »

So is RISE about the plane crash in 1961 wherein the skating team died, or is this just about skating in general? I couldn't seem to find a good description of the film.

I agree, DR MBarnum, it's not described very well on the website.  I really don't know quite what to expect on Feb. 17, but Mom and I are looking forward to it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »

I have made it to the postscript of my book. Only 30 pages to go. Seems like an eternity.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2011, 03:10:27 PM »

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2011, 03:17:14 PM »

It is playing in Medford.  Want to go with me?

Jane

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »

I agree, DR MBarnum, it's not described very well on the website.  I really don't know quite what to expect on Feb. 17, but Mom and I are looking forward to it.

Did you watch the trailer?

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2011, 03:21:01 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXHim3ToQ4&NR=1&feature=fvwp

I thought Cilla would like this

:)    Mr. "I'm afraid of the bathroom" now likes to come into the shower after I turn it off and loves playing in the empty bathtub.  I wonder what he'd do if the tub was full.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2011, 03:21:41 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2011, 03:22:23 PM »

I really enjoyed THE KING'S SPEECH this afternoon.  I'd say of the films I've seen (I haven't seen THE SOCIAL NETWORK)  It and TRUE GRIT are my favorites

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »

I really enjoyed THE KING'S SPEECH this afternoon.  I'd say of the films I've seen (I haven't seen THE SOCIAL NETWORK)  It and TRUE GRIT are my favorites
One of these days, I'll get back to a movie theater. One of these days.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2011, 03:32:27 PM »

I'm curious to watch the SAG awards

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2011, 03:32:40 PM »

Time to throw clothes in the dryer.   

Jane

« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2011, 03:33:59 PM »

John G I think RISE may get me back to a movie theater. 

Ginny did you purchase your tickets already?  I can link to my theater but don't see how to get tickets for this particular showing-guess I'll have to call them.  First I would like to find someone to go with me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2011, 03:34:44 PM »

Hmmm we're going to get 4-7 inches of snow between now and Tuesday morning.   I'm glad I spent a couple hours at the office cleaning my desk off and organizing after a chaotic week.   I also brought home a brief case full of work. Since I have to do a lot of writing this week, I can work at home just as easily as I can work at the office.  Plus the writing I do this week can all be electronically filed.  That extends the deadline to midnight and means no running down stairs and blocks down the road

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2011, 03:35:33 PM »

I am very bummed that RISE is in Sioux Falls (80 miles away) and Omaha (90 miles away) but won't be here

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2011, 03:36:07 PM »

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »

I, too, completed my taxes last night.  My Federal Return has been accepted.  It always takes the State Return a couple of days longer.  Of course I OWE the State $257.....crazy!

I will use most of my Federal Refund to pay that bill.

You are NOT taxed more on the basis of race, sex, or age - BUT you are taxed MORE if you are single.  It is the single discrimination that drives me up the wall.

I am curious.  Those of you that have a state income tax; do you also have a sales tax?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2011, 03:50:56 PM »

I am very bummed that RISE is in Sioux Falls (80 miles away) and Omaha (90 miles away) but won't be here

I don't want to drive half an hour to go at night-lol.  Honestly I'm very surprised it is here, but once again if the weather is bad I won't go.  I wish I knew for sure it will eventually be available on DVD.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »

I, too, completed my taxes last night.  My Federal Return has been accepted.  It always takes the State Return a couple of days longer.  Of course I OWE the State $257.....crazy!

You are NOT taxed more on the basis of race, sex, or age - BUT you are taxed MORE if you are single.  It is the single discrimination that drives me up the wall.

I am curious.  Those of you that have a state income tax; do you also have a sales tax?

I thought most states have both.  I would prefer no income tax to our no sales tax.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2011, 03:58:29 PM »

I wrote half the contextual commentary then went out for a sandwich and onion rings.  I came back to find the power had gone off momentarily.  It's not raining anymore so why that happened is anyone's guess.  It shut the computer down (thank goodness everything was "saved") and I had to reset two clocks.  It apparently happened about ten minutes before I got back.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2011, 03:59:07 PM »

Then I wrote the rest of the contextual commentary, so that's done and I'm sure I'll finesse it a little.  And I heard from Gregory, who loved his lyrics.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2011, 04:01:23 PM »

I would love to go the market and get some food, but it's pouring rain and I just washed my car three days ago so I'll wait till the rain stops.

The fact that you washed your car is probalby the main reason it is raining.
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »

My taxes are finished. I have e-filed my Federal tax forms and I have printed out the State forms and the envelope and assembled the "package". I will mail the forms tomorrow.

Yes, TCB, in New York we have both state taxes and a sales tax.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »

I wrote half the contextual commentary then went out for a sandwich and onion rings.  I came back to find the power had gone off momentarily.  It's not raining anymore so why that happened is anyone's guess.  It shut the computer down (thank goodness everything was "saved") and I had to reset two clocks.  It apparently happened about ten minutes before I got back.

Why would you leave the house with your computer on?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2011, 04:13:35 PM »

It is not playing in Tacoma either.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »

I thought most states have both.  I would prefer no income tax to our no sales tax.

We do not have a state income tax in Washington.  Instead, we have a retail sales tax that varies by city or county.  It ranges from 7.7% to 9.5%

Food and prescription drugs are exempt.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2011, 04:26:59 PM »

One more.

“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up