Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MY HEAD FEELS THICK  (Read 11829 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: MY HEAD FEELS THICK
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 07:35:39 AM »

So, why did my new picture come out so small?
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 07:37:39 AM »

More TOD:

In Los Angeles, I really liked the Cherokee Bookshop on Hollywood Blvd., and...before it was taken over by its current owner...the Larry Edminds Bookshop.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 07:38:35 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I slept rather poorly last night - no surprise - but was able to sleep late this morning.  That helped, along with the facts that 1) my cell phone has not rung; 2) I'm going to lunch with my AAUW friends soon; and 3) Richard and I have a date tonight to attend a choir concert at Miami University.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 07:39:59 AM »

DR Cillaliz - Onward and Upward!

thanks!   Today it seems kind of silly that it was such a big thing, but it was a big deal for me.  Of course I still have enough cases to finish up that I'll be working on them for at least the next 6 mo to a year, but there shouldn't be any new ones after that.

Congratulations, DR Cillaliz!  Sometimes the symbolism of actions like yours means more than the actual events.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 08:00:17 AM »

I went into the men's room to wash my hands and I found one of the other tenants on the tenth floor washing his dog in the sink!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »

I'm up and feeling not so wonderful, so maybe what started out as an obvious allergy attack has turned into something else.  I wish I could just stay here in bed, but she of the Evil Eye will be here momentarily.

Laura

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2011, 09:06:45 AM »

I hope you feel better soon, BK.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 09:13:05 AM »

I'm up and feeling not so wonderful, so maybe what started out as an obvious allergy attack has turned into something else.  I wish I could just stay here in bed, but she of the Evil Eye will be here momentarily.

When was your last physical exam, BK? You run yourself ragged; perhaps you need a tune-up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2011, 09:55:18 AM »

Yes, go get a physical and blood work done BK. You might be deficient in something or other.

Also, get a prescription for sleeping pills...that Nyquil stuff will make you feel yucky the next day.

Kerry

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2011, 09:56:53 AM »

Take your vitamins, and wear a sweater.  Good advice no matter who you are or where you live.
I like boat races.

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2011, 09:57:06 AM »

My sister kept calling me while I was in the bathroom and couldn't get to the phones. Now she doesn't answer when I call her back. I hate that.

I think we are supposed to got thrift shopping or help mom pack or something today. She hadn't decided at the time I last talked to her this week.

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 10:00:19 AM »

As a teenager there were two bookstores that I frequented in downtown Medford.

One was a used bookstore that my buddy Dave and I would go to and scout out vintage hardbacks. I still have two of the books that I bought there way back in the late 70s...one science fiction book from 1960 titled THE BIG EYE... and one mystery from around 1912 called THE HAND OF PERIL.

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 10:05:09 AM »

The other bookstore was a locally owned one (we had no big box bookstores in Medford when I lived there), whose name I forget, but it was right around the corner from The Craterian Theatre.

I would go there frequently, and I bought most of my movie related books and magazines there, particularly all of the WHATEVER BECAME OF....? books, which I would look forward to each year, or so, that they came out. I think I still have all of those.

I would also secretly check out the new issue of PLAYGIRL each month, which was kept in the women's magazine section way in the back of the store.

Laura

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 10:08:10 AM »

BK, sometimes I can prevent a sinus infection by taking sudafed (the stuff from behind the pharmacy counter) every few hours and benadryl at night. If you have to fly next week, you don't want to be congested.

If you sound sinus-y, you might see if any of your pharmacies have a nurse-practitioner clinic. Out here, Walgreens and CVS do. They can give you antibiotics.

Laura

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2011, 10:09:28 AM »

Sometimes I was able to order Scholastic books from school. Not very often, though. We were not book-buyers.

As adults, we enjoy Bookman. Well, Sandra mostly. I rarely buy books.

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 10:09:57 AM »

I now enjoy going to BORDER'S BOOKS. Although their selection of CDs and DVDs is minimal now, they have a huge selection of magazines and I love to look through the budget books sections.

My other favorite bookstore is a locally owned store that is downtown, called THE BOOK BIN. It is two stories of new and used books and they have a hugantic selection. They also have a big area of vintage paperbacks, which I buy on occasion. I think the owner is a fan of old dime novels.

There are two more large sized, locally owned, used bookstores in town, but I don't get to either one of those as often amd there are also several other smaller used bookstores in Salem, which have been around for years.

td

• td
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 10:31:26 AM »

I have picked up Miss Molly from Dr. Uhl's care: she is confined now to 7 days crate rest; outside on leash ONLY for bathroom purposes. No tranquilizer, Rescue Remedy though to keep her calmed down.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2011, 10:52:01 AM »

I was going to comment on last night's discussion of THE SOCIAL NETWORK.  However, since I haven't seen the film yet, it seems rather silly to try and weigh in with an opinion.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »

Maybe there is such a think as an HHW cold/allergy/sinus malady?

::)

Possibly a computer virus?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2011, 11:00:41 AM »

Callie and Ricky conspired to wake me up at 6:30 this morning

Thanks for the meth lab advice; I would never have known what one smelled like. Two nights ago, someone was walking about between 3 and 4am. At this moment, I don't think anyone's been in the apartment since then. Perhaps Count Dracula is my neighbor?

The ether smell is not always accurate,.  The Tacoma Police Department told me, when this whole apartment complex seemed to have turned into a meth lab, that there are usually two types of meth labs.  The ones that were being run in my complex were what they referred to as dry labs.  I don't really understand what that means exactly, but the police said it was doubtful that I would have ever smelled anything from the dry lab.

Don't ask me, that is all I know.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 11:01:55 AM »

Callie and Ricky conspired to wake me up at 6:30 this morning

Thanks for the meth lab advice; I would never have known what one smelled like. Two nights ago, someone was walking about between 3 and 4am. At this moment, I don't think anyone's been in the apartment since then. Perhaps Count Dracula is my neighbor?

Or maybe there are just some big rats walking around. Really big rats. ::)

Or bed bugs in army boots?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2011, 11:02:34 AM »

From Cilla:
I didn't think that Social Network seemed that one sided.  It wasn't all "pro" for any side of the situation. I did enjoy it

We watched it last night.  While I liked it Keith & Craig both enjoyed it more than I did.  From what I've read about it I was surprised it wasn't all pro for any side of the situation.  The only one dimensional person was Sean Parker.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2011, 11:07:47 AM »

Health vibes to BK!!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2011, 11:17:22 AM »

Today I am supposed to attend a party at the home of a guy who grew up with me in my neighborhood.  We reconnected a few years ago, and I see him off and on.  After our horrible forty year reunion, Bob decided that we should have an old neighborhood party.  Now, a couple of years later, the party is today.  I think the term "neighborhood" has been expanded a bit, because the last I heard there were over sixty guests invited to the party.  I will go for a couple of hours, because a couple of good friends flew into town for the party.  I have no idea who has been invited or who will show up.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:20:37 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »

I just got an e-mail from Donald Rumsfeld (now calling himself Don) promoting his new book  How in the Hell did I get on this mailing list?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:21:31 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2011, 11:21:48 AM »

I guess I will try and get us to the next page.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2011, 11:22:36 AM »

THE NEXT PAGE   Sounds like the title of a book about a gay King.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2011, 11:22:56 AM »

THE NEXT PAGE   Sounds like the title of a book about a gay King.

Damn!  That needed a rimshot.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2011, 11:23:28 AM »

Not too far to go now.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!