Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: VAL KILMER'S TREES  (Read 10860 times)

Laura

Re: VAL KILMER'S TREES
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2011, 06:51:21 PM »

You can always have oatmeal for dinner like I did, John G.

I had French Toast for dinner...must be breakfast for dinner night

That sounds so good! I haven't had French toast in years and I love it.

I started reading "That sounds so good!..." and I thought you were talking about oatmeal.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »

Oatmeal dance.

Errr. Um. Never mind. Oatmeal is nothing to dance about.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »

French toast does sound good for some reason.

I would make some tomorrow morning for breakfast; except I don't have syrup, I don't have any eggs, and I don't have any bread.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »

I'm a bit nervous about tonight's house.  Just had two cancellations and we weren't that great to begin with.  Enough dinners, certainly, at twenty-five, but I'm really hoping the show-only people show up in droves.

GOOD LUCK & GOOD VIBES!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2011, 06:52:06 PM »

Thank you all for the vibes. I've drafted an email to the Master Toymaker but I don't know if I will send it. It's quite angry and maybe says more abut my anger than anything positive. I wanted the project to work, vainly speaking, because I wanted to be a published musical theatre historian and scholar, and I wanted to parlay it into a lecturing career.  I do my work well and I do it better than most. It's one of the few areas where I'm not insecure.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2011, 06:52:56 PM »

Don't send anything when you are angry, Elmore.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2011, 06:53:22 PM »

Wednesday evening greetings!  Would anyone be surprised to learn that I spent last night and all day today at Miami Valley Hospital?

For you!  Yes I am surprised!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2011, 06:53:34 PM »

Exactly, elmore - I used to do the same thing and in the last few years I've learned to wait and assess the situation when I'm calmer.

Laura

« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2011, 06:53:36 PM »

In fact, I think you should type it out in a Word document and not in an email so you don't accidentally send it.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2011, 06:54:36 PM »

Thank you all for the vibes. I've drafted an email to the Master Toymaker but I don't know if I will send it. It's quite angry and maybe says more abut my anger than anything positive. I wanted the project to work, vainly speaking, because I wanted to be a published musical theatre historian and scholar, and I wanted to parlay it into a lecturing career.  I do my work well and I do it better than most. It's one of the few areas where I'm not insecure.

I would sleep on it first, before you send it.  And after you sleep on it, you won't be able to read what is says anyway.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »

I was not admitted to the hospital as an in-patient, but in outpatient observation status.  It's all about insurance, but I got to spend about 18 hours in a room in the new heart tower that opened in December.  The rooms are all private, which is a huge improvement over the rooms in which I spent my first and last 2 nights there last summer.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »

DR Ginny I am very happy your tests results are so very good.  Stress over any shoulder pain could increase it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2011, 06:55:42 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »

You can always have oatmeal for dinner like I did, John G.

I had French Toast for dinner...must be breakfast for dinner night

That sounds so good! I haven't had French toast in years and I love it.

I started reading "That sounds so good!..." and I thought you were talking about oatmeal.

I have oatmeal most mornings for breakfast, but I'd rather have any day bacon and eggs, or sausage and eggs, or French toast, or pancakes (either with bacon or sausage)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2011, 06:55:56 PM »

Thank you, DR TCB.  The nurse who works for my cardiology group in the hospital told me that she wishes she could get all their patients to be as diligent as I've been.  One gal who was also having a stress test this morning told the floor staff this afternoon that she was leaving so she could smoke  :o
::)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2011, 06:56:31 PM »

I would make some tomorrow morning for breakfast; except I don't have syrup, I don't have any eggs, and I don't have any bread.

And you're not French either!

Jane

« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2011, 06:57:21 PM »

LOL.  At first I was going to comment that syrup isn't necessary for french toast.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »

Do not send an angry letter.  Maybe over the next few days you can edit it for sending.  I'm very sorry knowing how much this project has meant to you.

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:50 PM »

Nice as my room was, I really only slept about 3 hours last night, so - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:55 PM »

hello

I
 am
caught

UP
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2011, 06:59:41 PM »

I was not admitted to the hospital as an in-patient, but in outpatient observation status.  It's all about insurance, but I got to spend about 18 hours in a room in the new heart tower that opened in December.  The rooms are all private, which is a huge improvement over the rooms in which I spent my first and last 2 nights there last summer.

Sounds good, for a hospital.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2011, 07:00:20 PM »

Nice as my room was, I really only slept about 3 hours last night, so - 'night!

You should have asked for a magic pill. ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2011, 07:00:39 PM »

I would sleep on it first, before you send it.  And after you sleep on it, you won't be able to read what is says anyway.

LOL! Your house must be a mess.

And the draft is a document for exactly the reasons you give. I did send it to my colleague Curtis for his thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:09:08 PM by elmore3003 »

Laura

« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »

Oh, I like magic pills.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2011, 07:02:50 PM »

You can always make french toast with egg white instead of the whole egg . It would be healthier. If you use egg white and skim milk it really isn't bad for you

vixmom

« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2011, 07:04:11 PM »

Since the Virus thing - which appears that someone put a "back door" on my machine so they could use my computer as their computer ... (I don't actually understand this - by the way )  but Vixdad said it meant that they could access sites and if anyone traced it back it would show MY computers IP address not theirs...

anyway since MacAfee was completely unable to not only stop the virus but unable to notice it was there once I got it - Vixdad has added many more layers of computer virus protection  to my computer - however it has slowed it down to a crawl and yesterday evening made it impossible for me to post at all

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2011, 07:04:45 PM »

LOL! Your house must be a mess.

I can't say publicly my feelings about the personality of my employer but I would not be surprised if in another couple of days he changed his mind and life went back to its old status quo.

And the draft is a document for exactly the reasons you give. I did send it to my colleague Curtis for his thoughts.

I read "LOL! You're house must be a mess" and thought you were talking about me.  I was about to say "Why, yes, how did you know?"

Be careful with sending drafts to others, sometimes they have a way of making it to the wrong place

Laura

« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2011, 07:06:01 PM »

Actually, anything you post here could be found in a google search. You don't try to hide your name.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

vixmom

« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2011, 07:07:53 PM »

((((Elmore)))))

vixmom

« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »

Please do not send the letter