Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: BEEN A LONG DAY  (Read 18350 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: BEEN A LONG DAY
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »

I don't remember "The Electric Company." I know what it was, but I don't think I ever saw it.

I remember watching it with my sister when we were kids.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2011, 07:33:59 PM »

Darn. I was just catching up on posts. And now people have left. They are going to miss my complaining about my body hurting.

Darn, I thought you weren't hurting. :(

Jane

« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2011, 07:36:10 PM »

Thank you for the "heavy thing" report.

I didn't imagine the heavy thing would be arbor gates with trellises.  Have fun putting them up!

Laura

« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2011, 07:38:55 PM »

I wasn't, but now I am. Some. Not as bad as before.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2011, 07:43:14 PM »

Did you take a nice hot shower or soak in a tub?  May you wake up feeling just fine!!

Jane

« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2011, 07:43:24 PM »

'night

Laura

« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2011, 07:48:23 PM »

Thanks. I'll be fine.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2011, 08:00:26 PM »

Early wake-up call for me tomorrow, so - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2011, 08:06:37 PM »

I just read what I typed and doesn't make sense about the hair but I think you all knew what I mean. 

absolutely made sense

this

Yuck!

I think he looks better clean-shaven.

I agree.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2011, 08:06:53 PM »

DR elmore,
Continued vibes for dealing with this new employment situation, AND

Thank you, Nursie! I'm sorry I'm so snarky about this whole thing.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #220 on: March 05, 2011, 08:12:21 PM »

Larry, maybe this will cheer you up a bit...

And just one more since no one else is posting much

Tighten your what...??

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: March 05, 2011, 08:33:13 PM »

Back from a wacky and wild dinner at Genghis Cohen with the twelve-year-old and her family and also The Singer.  It was crazy fun and the food was, as always, astonishing and those who hadn't eaten it before (all but me) raved about it.  After, we went to the neighborhood frozen yogurt place, Chill.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: March 05, 2011, 08:33:59 PM »

Prior to that, I got proofer 2's suggested fixes - some I made right away, and the rest I went over with Muse Margaret - we did quite a few of them, and left other things alone.

George

« Reply #223 on: March 05, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »

I'm at work.  Just before I left my house, a friend called me and we were chatting...and then he got pulled over.  He was talking on his cell phone and driving.  Evidently, he didn't have his bluetooth earpiece with him.  I didn't realize that.  He had to hang up (of course) and he hasn't called back yet.

I hope his ticket isn't too expensive. :-\

I'm sure you would feel worse if you had called him.

True!  I just called him back a few minutes ago, but he didn't answer.  I guess I'll just have to wait for him to call me.

Well, my friend called me and his ticket is $200...for talking on the phone and speeding. :P

He won't be doing that again!

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: March 05, 2011, 10:06:50 PM »

I had a fabulous time at the film festival today.  I arrived about 1:30pm for the 2:00 showing and the first thing I heard was "are you bringing the boxes for the ballots?"  Oy!.  So I shifted into get things done gear and found 20 paper box tops and made ballot boxes for the films (we had people drop a ballot in the box for the film they liked the most- much easier to count).   Then I got into being there.  I gave a brief interview to the newspaper and told the crowd how to cast ballots etc.   We had a good afternoon crowd. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »

Then I came home dressed up a little and went back for the evening.  It was a great evening.  It's out 6th annual film festival and the crowd thought it was the best no question.  It was a wonderful evening and I'm looking forward to our post mortem and planning how and when we start working on next year.

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2011, 10:19:37 PM »

I was hoping I'd have fun once I got there and I certainly did.

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2011, 10:24:15 PM »

I capped off the evening with a couple drinks with friends at the bar at the theater.  What a satisfying evening.  It was even more satisfying because this almost didn't happen.  We did a lot of work to pull it off and we not only pulled it off, but it was the best ever.   

I don't know if there will be a whole story in the paper tomorrow. We did a huge rush job getting the ballots tallied so we could get the results to the paper before deadline.   I called them in and was told that we missed the first edition that goes to the rural areas, but did make it in time for the Sioux City metro edition.   Wonder what it will say, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2011, 10:27:40 PM »

I'm really glad I'm getting more involved in the community events.  I never want to leave the house and go anywhere, but once I get there and get involved, I have a great time.  Tonight was definitely like that.   There is one guy in the group who drives me nuts, he wasn't there this afternoon and everything was smooth as silk.   Then tonight, he said he thought we shouldn't vote for one of the entries because it was technically too long.....well it was, but it starred an Oscar nominee, led to an interview for the paper with the film maker and no doubt brought in a lot more people that we would have had without the publicity about it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »

He even tried to remove that ballot box.  The thing is the rest of us had agreed.  We even agreed when he was there....so then, after the votes are tallied he tries telling me that we should pick a different winner than the audience chose and was demanding to see the tallies before I called them in.   I didn't give it to him, I gave him the winners and called in their names to the paper.

Before I left he wanted to be absolutely sure I had the tallies.  I do. He was also trying to give more than one winner etc.  It's not how we set up the festival and it ticks me off.  Things go a lot better without him, but he led this group for a long time so we can't exactly dump him.

Cillaliz

« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2011, 10:31:55 PM »

Other than that it was a thoroughly delightful evening

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: March 05, 2011, 10:38:56 PM »

George

« Reply #232 on: March 05, 2011, 10:42:59 PM »

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/article_39ae8f82-abba-5e88-ba47-b2a84312861e.html?mode=story

Well, she quoted me but didn't say too much. 

That's pretty cool, Cilla!  Congrats on the successful festival!

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: March 05, 2011, 10:50:12 PM »

Here's one of the films the baby starred in,. The other is Baby Games  you can find it on You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=328WKnNS5o4

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: March 05, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »

Thanks George

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: March 05, 2011, 10:56:38 PM »

I haven't checked youtube to see what else is there. Doesn't look like our winner is there.

Cillaliz

« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2011, 10:58:51 PM »

One funny thing happened...there was a film called Lincoln where this kid has to write a paper and he keeps seeing Lincoln.  There's a bit more to it, but we showed that in the first half.  Then in the second half was a spoof on the ghost hunter movies and one of the lines in it was that he was going to claim he saw the ghost of Lincoln.  It got a huge laugh that wasn't intended in the movie.  It was just a coincidence, but was a fun one.

Cillaliz

« Reply #237 on: March 05, 2011, 10:59:05 PM »

Ok, to bed for me
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up