Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ACT  (Read 11452 times)

FJL

Re: THE ACT
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2011, 04:08:04 PM »

Let's get there

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2011, 04:50:58 PM »

This rain and wind is absolutely insane.  The streets branching off from Laurel Canyon are so flooded that cars attempting to turn on them suddenly have water up over their tires - completely over their tires.  I went several blocks out of my way to avoid that to the one street where the drainage works the way it's supposed to.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2011, 05:06:47 PM »

Not good. 
 NO FLOODING VIBES!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2011, 05:40:58 PM »

Is that a famous line from something - 850 channels and nothing's on TV.

57 Channels and there's nothing on....Bruce Springsteenhttp://www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/57Channels.html

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2011, 05:43:16 PM »

Oh, well, Michigan's out, but Duke had to fight for it all the way to the final buzzer.

My condolences...

FJL

« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2011, 05:46:42 PM »

Thanks for that info, Cilla!  I'd been wondering about that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »

Next Sunday we have our multi-cultural fair here in town. One of our friends from Japan is going to do a traditional Japanese dance and needs dancers, so, she is going to teach a number of us Friday night and we will perform on Sunday!  I think it sounds like great fun and a great way to pay tribute to Japan

Laura

« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »

BK, please save some of that rain for us!
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »

Oh, well, Michigan's out, but Duke had to fight for it all the way to the final buzzer.

My condolences...

It's OK, DR Cillaliz.  I expected Duke to wipe the floor with Michigan, so a 2-point loss was pretty exciting.

I think SW Ohio is going to go berserk this week, because Ohio State and Kentucky both won today and will play each other later in the week.  Both schools have huge followings aroung here.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »

I understand Ginny, it's the Tourney.  I turned on the game when Michigan was down 12 points and couldn't keep watching

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2011, 06:23:11 PM »

Duke knocked Iowa out of the tournament at least 3 times. I will not cheer for them

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2011, 06:26:16 PM »

I understand Ginny, it's the Tourney.  I turned on the game when Michigan was down 12 points and couldn't keep watching

Their comeback was pretty spectacular.

Now I'm hooked on AMERICA'S NEXT GREAT RESTAURANT.  The grilled cheese guy is from Cincinnati.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2011, 06:28:12 PM »

...and I'm really tired - 'night!

Jane

« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2011, 06:40:35 PM »

I came to chat but I'm all alone.

FJL

« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2011, 06:42:08 PM »

I'm here but now I've got to get a call.  :(

Laura

« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2011, 06:42:47 PM »

I am anxiously awaiting the rain. In a good way.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2011, 07:03:51 PM »

Watched a motion picture I TIVOd and part of a DVD.  Trying to catch up on this huge stack of CDs - listening to a dreadful Bill Conti score to Wrongfully Accused, one of those terrible "spoofs" that people who were six when they saw it now have a great fondness for.  Not every score needs or deserves to see the light of day, and I say that as someone who's released a fair number of obscure scores.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2011, 07:04:40 PM »

It's still coming down, this rain.  But I put the car away and I'm in for the night and I do hope it's through by morning so that we can get our shipping done in dry weather.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2011, 07:06:21 PM »

Is that a famous line from something - 850 channels and nothing's on TV.

57 Channels and there's nothing on....Bruce Springsteenhttp://www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/57Channels.html
I love that song. Amazing how dated that is in terms of the number of channels now available. And there's still nothing on.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2011, 07:07:00 PM »

I am anxiously awaiting the rain. In a good way.
Me, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2011, 07:09:13 PM »

Watched Betty Grable and Dan Dailey in "My Blue Heaven." Don't know that I'd ever seen it before, and the Harold Arlen-Ralph Blane score was not memorable. But it was still fun for the most part, and it kept me from getting my work done, which is what I want.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2011, 07:09:55 PM »

Posting is also preventing me from finishing an article I need to write tonight. That's good.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2011, 07:15:13 PM »

Their comeback was pretty spectacular.

Now I'm hooked on AMERICA'S NEXT GREAT RESTAURANT.  The grilled cheese guy is from Cincinnati.

I like that show too. Not really sure who I'm cheering for.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2011, 07:20:48 PM »

Sunday nights are crazy.....Next Great Restaurant at the same time as TAR, Celebrity Apprentice....Ok, I admit I'm into reality tv, but there's 57 channels and nothing on....

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »

I had nightmares about work last night so I went to the office this morning and started cleaning and organizing my office.  I did a little work, but mostly just got the place organized.  The end of the week got a little crazy and I needed to regroup.  Should make tomorrow a lot more fun

Jane

« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »

We watched a very funny episode of "Dirty Jobs"  Has anyone seen this? http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/dirty-jobs/

We have it set to record, however, there will be episodes we will not watch.  If you can catch the Jelly Belly factory episode I recommend it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2011, 07:34:57 PM »

Yes, DR Elmore, Jill graduated from Beavercreek High School in 1998.

How do you know this? And how do you remember this?

All my nonprofit friends who work in the arts speak of her with pride and I found her graduation date on Wikepedia.

She told me her mother works in the Dayton Library system, so I figured that was the answer!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »

I had nightmares about work last night so I went to the office this morning and started cleaning and organizing my office.  I did a little work, but mostly just got the place organized.  The end of the week got a little crazy and I needed to regroup.  Should make tomorrow a lot more fun

Nothing like nightmares for motivation. They work for me too & at least the nightmare made sense, something I appreciate.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »

'night

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2011, 07:40:09 PM »

Just got a very nice e-mail from someone who read There's Mel, There's Woody and There's You - he found the book by accident while searching for his 1000th book on amazon - I guess he'd been searching for something that had 1970s stuff in it and my book came up, he checked out the "peek inside the book" function and bought it.  I like that someone who really knew nothing about me or even who I was, would take a chance and, even better, enjoy the book and take inspiration from it, which is what he wrote.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up