Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ACT  (Read 11393 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE ACT
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2011, 07:41:54 PM »

The party was great with an amazing spread of hors d'oeuvres. As for the show, we went out on a high. Jack Viertel said at the party that he and Jo Loesser will be meeting about getting a recording of the score. I hope it happens. I had a great time watching the show from backstage and chatting with Jill Paice, Joshie, Rebecca Luker, and Lauren Worsham, who's adorable as Amy. After I helped Joshie take the orchestra parts off the stands, we went to the party and got there before the cast. A crazy woman carrying a striped bag came up to me and asked, "Are you Howard McGillin?" I said, "I wish!" but I told Howard that I said, "He's much older."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »

!!!!!! Page Six Dance !!!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2011, 07:47:04 PM »

The party was great with an amazing spread of hors d'oeuvres. As for the show, we went out on a high. Jack Viertel said at the party that he and Jo Loesser will be meeting about getting a recording of the score. I hope it happens. I had a great time watching the show from backstage and chatting with Jill Paice, Joshie, Rebecca Luker, and Lauren Worsham, who's adorable as Amy. After I helped Joshie take the orchestra parts off the stands, we went to the party and got there before the cast. A crazy woman carrying a striped bag came up to me and asked, "Are you Howard McGillin?" I said, "I wish!" but I told Howard that I said, "He's much older."
Meow.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2011, 07:53:52 PM »

Meow.

Sharp mind and a sharp tongue. I'm lethal!

And here are Rob McClure and Lauren Worsham doing the number from the show that Steve Sondheim wishes he'd written, "Make A Miracle."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »

I am leaving soon to attend a matinee performance, and then I will be going to the memorial service for Marcus Walker.  I probably won't be back until this evening.

I have returned from seeing two thirds of a not very good production of Georges Feydeau's FLEA IN HER EAR; and then I attended a memorial service that Marcus himself would have loved.  It was quite literally a SRO service  The service was held at my own church (no, I don't own it) and the main floor was full, the balcony was full and the choir loft was full.  And there was still a whole lot of people standing along the sides and in the back of the sanctuary.  There was laughter and there were tears.  Marcus would have loved it.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2011, 08:04:14 PM »

Here's the Encores! page for WHERE's CHARLEY?:

http://www.nycitycenter.org/tickets/productionNew.aspx?performanceNumber=5283

I am glad that this was a positive experience for you, elmore!
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »

I was hoping it would be Spring here soon. The roads were actually bare today (even though there are still piles of snow on the grass. But now there is supposed to be 10-15cms of snow tomorrow. :(

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2011, 08:17:04 PM »

Just got a very nice e-mail from someone who read There's Mel, There's Woody and There's You - he found the book by accident while searching for his 1000th book on amazon - I guess he'd been searching for something that had 1970s stuff in it and my book came up, he checked out the "peek inside the book" function and bought it.  I like that someone who really knew nothing about me or even who I was, would take a chance and, even better, enjoy the book and take inspiration from it, which is what he wrote.

That is terrific, BK!  To know you is to love you.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2011, 08:17:48 PM »

Congrats Elmore on such a wonderful experience!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »

Just got a very nice e-mail from someone who read There's Mel, There's Woody and There's You - he found the book by accident while searching for his 1000th book on amazon - I guess he'd been searching for something that had 1970s stuff in it and my book came up, he checked out the "peek inside the book" function and bought it.  I like that someone who really knew nothing about me or even who I was, would take a chance and, even better, enjoy the book and take inspiration from it, which is what he wrote.

That is terrific, BK!  To know you is to love you.

Ditto!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2011, 08:19:44 PM »

Bravo!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2011, 08:21:35 PM »

It was definitely spring here today.  I had the windows open most of the afternoon, took down the last of the plastic over a window and door and picked up sticks in the yard.   There are a lot of things - tuilps, daffodils, starting to come up.   It's a little early for that, but I'll take it.   It's going to be nice here for a couple more days then back to the 40s, but it feels great

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2011, 08:21:43 PM »

That photo of Howard McGillin makes him look a lot cuter than he really is.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2011, 08:22:17 PM »

I decided since the windows were open I'd clean the oven.  It's self cleaning, but it stinks so bad when I do it that I was glad to be able to air out the house

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2011, 08:22:33 PM »

Land a goshin!  It is after 8:00 and I am not in bed yet.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »

Cilla, I guess we don't have to do much work this evening.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »

Oh I could be doing a lot of work around the house, just not doing it

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2011, 08:25:49 PM »

I'm thinking about eating something.  I made baked chicken and cheesy hand mashed potatoes for dinner...but that was a long time ago

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2011, 08:26:28 PM »

i think it's way cool that the kid and his grandmother were rescued after 8 days in the rubble

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2011, 08:27:07 PM »

By the way (BTW), I had already scheduled tomorrow off from work, because I knew that a 5:00 p.m. memorial service was going to get me home after my beditime.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2011, 08:28:07 PM »

Oh I could be doing a lot of work around the house, just not doing it

No, I meant that we didn't have to do much posting.  There is always other work to do.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2011, 08:29:16 PM »

I'm thinking about eating something.  I made baked chicken and cheesy hand mashed potatoes for dinner...but that was a long time ago

What are cheesy hand mashed potatoes?
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2011, 08:29:48 PM »

"Stereopticans that move!"

I love that lyric from "Charley." Who knew that a word as clumsy as "stereopticans" was musical.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2011, 08:33:28 PM »

Boil pototes, use the hand potato masher instead of a mixer, mash in cheese, a little milk and a little sour cream.  Add salt and pepper.  Yummy

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2011, 08:33:50 PM »

I should mention that not only was Marcus the Artistic Director of one of our theaters, and a practicing minister; but his wife is the Deputy Mayor of Tacoma, which might have increased the attendance.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »

I like lumps in my mashed potatoes

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »

Sorry about your friend TCB

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »

Boil pototes, use the hand potato masher instead of a mixer, mash in cheese, a little milk and a little sour cream.  Add salt and pepper.  Yummy

Okay.  They sound wonderful.  I was reading as cheesy-hand mashed potatoes, instead of cheesy hand-mashed potatoes.  That makes a difference.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2011, 08:37:58 PM »

Sorry about your friend TCB
Yes, very sorry for your loss.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2011, 08:38:28 PM »

That would involve dipping your hand in melted cheese and then masking potatoes with it ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up