Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MR. UPPITY  (Read 11907 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: MR. UPPITY
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2011, 03:03:23 PM »

I saw "The Lincoln Lawyer" this afternoon. Great fun. Really solid cast. Tight direction.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »

Welcome to page 4. We dance.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ben

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »

We have a new laptop. We also have plans tonight and tomorrow so I won't be setting it up until Thursday and Friday. It is plugged into the wall socket so the battery will charge. The desktop is scheduled for delivery on Monday (though it hasn't shipped yet).

Ben

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2011, 03:04:46 PM »

And so, goodbye for now.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2011, 03:26:34 PM »

And so, goodbye for now.

...to (mostly) quote the birthday boy, Stephen Sondheim.

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2011, 03:28:12 PM »

DR TCB congrats on your new plateau!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2011, 03:28:44 PM »

Cole Porter was a Hoosier sew-fisty-kate
But didn't he leave Indiana for awhile? I know he's buried there, but he was dead at that point.

I'm sure he always dreamed about the moonlight on the Wabash...!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2011, 03:29:40 PM »

Uuuuuuuggh.

An editorial comment, DR Laura?    ;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2011, 03:44:06 PM »

DR Jose health vibes for your friend!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »

I have lots of motion pictures to watch.  Perhaps I'll start one now.  I'm tired from running around.  I do have to write some liner notes and will probably do that later this evening.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2011, 03:48:10 PM »

From Bruce:
Falling in love.  Perhaps a double wedding can take place, eh?

Double????

Jane

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2011, 03:54:21 PM »

The library system is computerized, except for requests for new books.  For books that are in the system already I am fine as I can do that from home.

The 100 slips you have submitted were all for new books?  :o  Wow.  No wonder the librarian doesn't like you, you are work for her. ;)

It has been a long, long time since I've requested a new book from the library.  I used to do it rather often and the librarians were always nice about it and encouraged it.  Fortunately I never had a problem.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2011, 03:55:39 PM »

DR Jane vibes for your shoulder. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RE: my shoulder. I have no idea why it was even hurting (can't remember doing anything to it). But I am finally able to swim with very minimal pain (can do 80% of laps front crawl).

Thanks.  I'm glad your shoulder is better.  I won't have time to swim this week plus my eyes need a break from the chemicals in the water.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2011, 03:58:48 PM »

Whew!  You can't buy a can of paint off the shelf anymore - you give the man - if you can find him - your color chip and he will mix it for you.

NOW - I know this is NOT NEWS to the educated hoi polloi here at HHW.....but I haven't bought paint since the 20th Century, so I really didn't know that.

Did you go to a paint store or hardware store?  I think/thought hardware stores still have cans of pre-mixed paint for sale.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:00:49 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »

I have returned from 22nd Street. I cannot see well since my eyes are dilated from the eyedrops and I am not happy with the brightness of the day. Everything visually is fine and I got a clean bill of health from my body check from the dermatologist for lesions, melanomas, etc.

Good news on your check-up.  Didn't the eye doctor give you dark sun-glasses to wear home?

Jane

« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2011, 04:06:56 PM »

BK, perhaps this Mr Uppity dislikes you as much as you dislike him and snubs you because he prefers not to deal with you? That's why the lady is a tramp.

I'm sure that's entirely possible, although why would be a question, since I've never done anything to the fellow other than speak to him a couple of times.
[/quote]

Not liking a person is still not a reason to snub them in public.  I find it difficult to understand why people behave that way, especially when I initially had a good relationship with them.  In that case I have found out later the person was unpleasant to lots of other people & the problem was them not me.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2011, 04:08:42 PM »

I saw "The Lincoln Lawyer" this afternoon. Great fun. Really solid cast. Tight direction.

Good to hear.  I already have it on my NetFlix queue. 

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2011, 04:13:14 PM »

Happy Birthday to Mr Sondheim and Lord Andrew

Ditto from me!

Jennifer

« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2011, 04:14:52 PM »

Also, DR George, here the books only go in the system when the library actually gets them. I know some libraries have their books in the system as soon as they are ordered.

If the books went into the system as soon as they were ordered I would be able to see if there was a problem in advance. As it is now I can only see there is a problem once the books have already gone out to people.

If the books went into the system as soon as they were ordered, there wouldn't be a problem!  We've been doing this for YEARS so things like this don't happen...your library really needs to get with the times.

:)

I agree. Actually our library was only computerized in september. Very behind.  It would be better if books went into the system when they were ordered. But it would be even better if we could request books by computer. It is crazy to have pieces of paper!

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »

The library system is computerized, except for requests for new books.  For books that are in the system already I am fine as I can do that from home.

The 100 slips you have submitted were all for new books?  :o  Wow.  No wonder the librarian doesn't like you, you are work for her. ;)

It has been a long, long time since I've requested a new book from the library.  I used to do it rather often and the librarians were always nice about it and encouraged it.  Fortunately I never had a problem.

Yep I do cause her a lot of work.  But I'm not forcing her to buy all the books that I request. It just happens that they buy 95% of them.

Many of the books I request would be books that they would get anyways (books in series they already have). And many are books that they should have but don't.

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2011, 04:19:53 PM »

RE: my shoulder. I have no idea why it was even hurting (can't remember doing anything to it). But I am finally able to swim with very minimal pain (can do 80% of laps front crawl).

Thanks.  I'm glad your shoulder is better.  I won't have time to swim this week plus my eyes need a break from the chemicals in the water.

Wear goggles. I could not swim without them. In fact I also always swim with a bathing cap, and a nose plug. And this week I tried ear plugs (since i kept getting water in my ears).

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »

You may have hurt your shoulder trying to keep the door to the shower closed!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2011, 04:32:16 PM »

I need to go pay bills.  :(

There is a difference between needing to go pay bills, and going to pay bills.  The diffference is money.  Since I have none, the bills will just have to wait.
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »

Congratulations, TCB, on  your plateau!

KevinH

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »

I also bought a new laptop.  It's so nice having normal-sized keys.  I'd been using a netbook since my old laptop died a few months ago.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »

T.O.D.

THE COURT JESTER - I love all the songs in the film, but my favorites are NEVER OUT FOX THE FOX and I'LL TAKE YOU DREAMING.  I remember there was this really talented singer who sang I'LL TAKE YOU DREAMING on one of his CDs.  It was enough to make you swoon.  I wonder what happened to that singer?

WHITE CHRISTMAS

I could almost include HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSON except I hate the way he treats his apprentice and I REALLY HATE when the dancer and her boyfriend lock Hans in the closet so he doesn't get to see her dance his fairy tale.  I always hated that part of the movie.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2011, 04:45:05 PM »

Wear goggles. I could not swim without them. In fact I also always swim with a bathing cap, and a nose plug. And this week I tried ear plugs (since i kept getting water in my ears).

I found ear plugs really help.  I never liked goggles but have been considering them.  I would need magnified ones so I could see.  I wouldn't be able to wear them during the exercise class & would have to get out of the pool to switch out my glasses for my goggles, unless I can wear my glasses over my goggles while I swim.  It seems so complicated so I haven't done anything about the problem. ;D

Jane

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2011, 04:45:24 PM »

You may have hurt your shoulder trying to keep the door to the shower closed!
;D :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2011, 04:47:30 PM »

My mom was a junior high school vocal music teacher.  One of the albums she had at school was a HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSON album with Danny Kaye, but all of the female songs (and there aren't many) were sung by Jane Wyman.  I always thought that was weird.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:04:31 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2011, 04:48:26 PM »

One Day More..............
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up