Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAUNDRY LIST  (Read 9949 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE LAUNDRY LIST
« on: April 05, 2011, 12:21:29 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were like a laundry list, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they never have to do laundry of course.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE LAUNDRY LIST
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 12:22:21 AM »

And the word of the day is: ABROGATE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:54:33 AM »

From yesterday:

~~~Vibes for DR Samantha's Boyfriend's Brother!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 02:01:06 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 04:17:50 AM »

From yesterday:

~~~Vibes for DR Samantha's Boyfriend's Brother!!~~~

Ditto!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 04:38:09 AM »

Good morning, all! I wanted to get back to my old sleeping schedule and I guess getting out of bed at 6:45 fulfilled my wishes.  My last dream was truly bizarre: something about seeing a play at Town Hall, staying for a talkback after and losing my jacket, wishing an actor and actress who were in it best of luck with auditions they were going to, and getting on a train to go to Oxford, OH. The train almost hit a bicyclist walking his bike on the tracks, my father was riding on the train with me, ignoring me and washing his hands over and over again at a sink that he was filling up with paper towels, and I was discussing the situation with my brother Randy, presumably after the tran reached Oxford.

I have a bit of work on the EILEEN scores before I deliver Act One to my colleague Curtis.

DR John G, the New York State Theatre Institute is now dead; if you Google Patricia and the Institute, you will read a lot of ugly press from the General Inspector's charges via the NY State Governor's office. The witch hunt began around 2006, following an anonymous letter to the governor's offices. None of the charges are true and the actual documentation, which the Inspector General ignored in its leak to the press, refutes the charges, but this information never was given to the press. A lot of damage has been done. While I would be rash and misinformed to say it's part of a poverty-stricken state government shutting down what it feels are unwanted and unnecessary arts programs, I believe the overall plan was to oust Patricia as director, disgrace the Institute, and fold it up with no leader to fight for its support.

The saddest part is that for nearly 30 years that Institute provided professional theatre productions four days a week for school children in the Albany-Troy-Schenectady area from grades 1 through high school, ran internships and theatre programs, and introduced a lot of children to live theatre. That's an audience of children, children of children, and no one stopped this inquisition or [protected the organization..

Patricia looks great, and she will do good theatre work in other spaces now. She's very unhappy over all the charges and lies, the ugliness, back stabbing and treachery  from long-term associates in the company when heads started rolling, and seeing something you created crushed. I loved working for her and NYSTI, and I'm sorry that all of this has occurred.

And so, to work.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:40:21 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 04:49:35 AM »

good morning all -- it seems that the Winds have made their way across the country -- the windows are rattling here this morning
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 04:56:24 AM »

And the word of the day is: ABROGATE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  LET'S CALL THE WHOLE THING OFF

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 05:32:57 AM »

TOD:

The book I'd like to write shall remain a secret...because I might want to write it some day.

;)
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 05:52:29 AM »

TOD: I still want to write a book about the history of the 1903 extravaganza Babes In Toyland.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:23:52 AM by elmore3003 »

Ginny

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 06:03:22 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  I'm off to Dayton today for a meeting with the grantwriters.  This will be the first meeting I've attended in 2011, for various reasons.  Looking forward to seeing them.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 06:03:47 AM »

Vibes and prayers for DR Samantha's boyfriend's brother!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 06:03:53 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm doing laundry. -Clean underwear and socks for my trek down to DC would be a good thing.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 06:04:43 AM »

DR vixmom - Thank You.
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 06:11:24 AM »

Speaking of books:

I'm in the process of publishing some of the 1-person plays that I wrote (and were staged) back in the 1980s-early 1990s.

Assuming that everything goes as planned, these will be inexpensive "acting editions," published via CreateSpace and available on Amazon and also in book stores through wholesalers.

Hopefully, the wider availability of the scripts will induce some theaters around the country to mount a production.

I'm still formatting it, but the first play will be my one-woman show about Carole Lombard.

More later....

Jennifer

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 06:13:00 AM »

Vibes for DR Samantha's boyfriend's brother!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 06:13:18 AM »

Catching up on last night's posts is making me hungry for chicken salad!

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 06:13:31 AM »

Why do I always read these posts when I'm hungry?

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 06:16:16 AM »

DR Cillaliz did you see what happened on DANCING WITH THE STARS last night with Kirstie and Maks?

For those who did not see it the show is live. And Maks was doing this move where Kirstie sort of leans on his leg. Well his thigh gave out (i didn't think it was because he had her weight on him but it could be part of it). Anyhow he seemed really hurt. But they are not allowed to restart. He was clearly in pain. He had to stop for a few seconds and shake it off. And then he had to continue in pain.

After he went to get it iced. I hope he is okay.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 06:22:05 AM »

TOD:

I think I shall one day write the sequel to DR ZHIVAGO.  It will be called--ZHIVAGOS.  It will follow the lives of Yuri Zhivago's children and be set against the Europe and Russia of the 20s and 30s (maybe New York, too--why not?)  I see son Sasha leading an amoralist life of a painter, younger sister Anna who finds herself involved with Komarovsky, Yuri and Lara's daughter Retya who is a rising member in Communist Party politics but soon becomes disillusioned with internal corruption, and Lara and Pasha's daughter Katya, a bitter and angry young prostitute who is drifting across Asia seeking some connection to her past.  Tonya plays the role of matriarch and member of a group of expatriates who plot against the Soviet government.  And who is the mysterious woman being held in a French asylum?

I think I have a bestseller on my hands...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:24:40 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 06:25:55 AM »

Morning.  And good it is.
I like boat races.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 06:32:42 AM »

TOD: I could write a book about a lot of topics, but I don't talk about my writing.  I find talking about writing things dissipates the energy and you can talk something to death, but never do it.  Also, as a professional writer, I learned early on, you never talk about things you haven't written yet; there's always someone out there who might steal your idea.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 06:47:29 AM »

...there's always someone out there who might steal your idea.

That's why I keep it a secret.

;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 06:56:41 AM »

I am working on a play.

BUT if I could write a book....it would be a biography of Miss Allison Hayes, whose life off screen was AT LEAST as interesting as anything she did in the movies.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 07:27:43 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! I have stopped in to pick up the mail and make sure there have been no breakins.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 08:14:30 AM »

I met Curtis and turned over Act one of EILEEN. He lost his bag on the subway this morning and was in a hurry to get uptown to the Bronx to see if they had it. I am home and we are due for a huge storm.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 08:14:54 AM »

No posts in 45 minutes? Really, people!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 08:25:54 AM »

I'm ready to put away the long pants for shorts, but I think I should wait another week.

FJL

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 08:30:33 AM »

My kind of town, Zhivago is

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 08:44:33 AM »

I go my way and Zhivago your way.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up