Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: DANCING PASTRIES RUN AMOK  (Read 13405 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: DANCING PASTRIES RUN AMOK
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2011, 10:12:04 AM »

I also finished typing (Spencer) TRACY into my computer.

Now, I just have to print it out (happening as I write this) and proof it before I send it off to Create Space.

That'll be 2 plays down and 4 to go.

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2011, 10:27:03 AM »

They generally do a good job.  A couple of the their releases are obvious digital ports over from VHS (TOAST OF NEW YORK a good example), but their remastered titles usually look great.
Thanks, DR JMK--I'm pulling the switch on this one.

Along with THE BOY FRIEND, I might also order the Vitaphone Varieties set.  But a lot of these shorts were included in THE JAZZ SINGER dvd from a few years back and I want to see how many are being duplicated in this new set before I buy.

I had a really hard time getting the contents of the VV set to display properly on my monitor.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2011, 11:24:35 AM »

I'm up after a great and needed night's sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2011, 11:25:58 AM »

Re Warner Archive - after a rough start where they were indeed using ancient transfers, they got their act together and their transfers now are generally of a much higher quality.  It's DVD-R, of course, and bare bones, but I've been very pleased with everything I've gotten from them over the last year.  Most of them now say "remastered edition".

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »

Congrats to Jrand - ya wild kid, ya.

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2011, 11:26:51 AM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  I slept late today, then went to my strength class followed by a couple of errands.  Came home for lunch to find 2 packages waiting that contained more well-fitting pants.  I also still have a password issue on my "new" computer and need to decide how much of the stuff on the thumb drive really needs to be put on the computer.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2011, 11:27:38 AM »

Congratulations to DR JRand - maybe we'll get over to Putnam County to see him!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2011, 11:37:51 AM »

I have nothing to say about pastries and those who make them

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2011, 12:50:53 PM »

Matthew! How are you and how are you coping? I hope you're staying busy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2011, 01:04:01 PM »

Well, it took 3 Apple Care kids (Thomas, Natalie, and Luke), but I think my password issue is resolved.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2011, 01:09:09 PM »

I have been elected mayor of River City, Io-way.  And I would like to thank all of my friends here at HHW!
:D :D :D

Jane

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »

and I would most definately love a Kritzerland tour, if the tour guide has the time to do so!!

I thought you had taken it.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2011, 01:10:50 PM »

DR Laura, hadn't thought about the Charles Phoenix tour...must look into that!

and I would most definately love a Kritzerland tour, if the tour guide has the time to do so!!

I'm surprised you're not booking a tour of all the old folks homes and actors retirement centers. I've also heard a rumor you're now dating on ancestry.com that I hope you will confirm or deny.

I believe they closed the actors home.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »

TOD: Mom is a baker, so the house was always filled with dozens upon dozens of cookies she was making for some customer or other.

Of the hundreds of cookies she makes, my favorite is called a rum tart. She rolls a vanilla cookie dough incredibly, paper thin before cutting them out, usually in circles but sometimes in shapes during holidays or for special occasions (she does a version for baby showers in the shape of a baby's foot). After the cookies bake and have cooled, she tops one with a thin layer of homemade raspberry jam. She then places another cooking on top, like a sandwich, and ices the finished tart with some rum glaze (negligible amount of rum). The whole cookie is no deeper than 1/8 of an inch and it just melts on your tongue.

I don't have the patience to roll out the dough that thin and I'm too clumsy to get them not to break when I try to put on the jam or the glaze. But I guess I'm going to have to learn one of these days, as her fingers are getting a little stiff and she has said she is retired from the biz. Still, they are exceedingly good. 

YUM!!!

You will regret it if you don't learn how to do this.  I understand your reluctance. :)

Jane

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2011, 01:13:33 PM »

PS: I wasn't really barred from the Motion Picture Actors Home. On the contrary, I have several friends living there now.

Then it was saved. :)

Jane

« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2011, 01:16:09 PM »

Thank you for the good thoughts DRs JohnG, of the delicious looking scones, and Laura.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2011, 01:30:07 PM »

Can you dish about those what eats 'em?

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Michael

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2011, 01:35:04 PM »

Question for DR Elmoore:

I see their is a DVD release of Radio City Musical's Christmas Spectacular. Is any of your work appearing on this DVD?
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2011, 01:49:02 PM »

I have been elected mayor of River City, Io-way.  And I would like to thank all of my friends here at HHW!

Congratulations, JRand!! 

~~~Vibes for Much Leg Breakage!!~~~

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2011, 01:51:59 PM »

Janet Stuckey, the lady in charge of Special Collections at the Miami U Library, is retiring at the end of the month and I am in very sad about this. I hope her replacement is as wonderful and as much fun to work with.

Too bad you can't be on their hiring committee. ;)

I'm going through that right now with the person who will be my new supervisor...except that I'm not on the actual hiring committee.  I'm on the "peer/review committee," which basically means that we get to ask questions AFTER the real hiring committee, who may or may not take our opinions into account.  No one who is supervised by this position is on the actual hiring committee. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »

TOD: Mom is a baker, so the house was always filled with dozens upon dozens of cookies she was making for some customer or other.

Of the hundreds of cookies she makes, my favorite is called a rum tart. She rolls a vanilla cookie dough incredibly, paper thin before cutting them out, usually in circles but sometimes in shapes during holidays or for special occasions (she does a version for baby showers in the shape of a baby's foot). After the cookies bake and have cooled, she tops one with a thin layer of homemade raspberry jam. She then places another cooking on top, like a sandwich, and ices the finished tart with some rum glaze (negligible amount of rum). The whole cookie is no deeper than 1/8 of an inch and it just melts on your tongue.

I don't have the patience to roll out the dough that thin and I'm too clumsy to get them not to break when I try to put on the jam or the glaze. But I guess I'm going to have to learn one of these days, as her fingers are getting a little stiff and she has said she is retired from the biz. Still, they are exceedingly good. 

Those sound delicious! ;D

George

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »

I'm rather PO'd that the film version of "The Importance of Being Earnest" with Brian Beford is only playing in Dallas. It's not even coming to Austin, much less San Antonio. Why?

I'm guessing it's the special nature of this being a filmed play...even if it is in HD.  It's also playing in Plano, though that probably doesn't help you at all.

Here's the Playbill write-up and schedule.

Maybe some video label will take a chance and issue it on Blu-ray disc.

And I can't believe its only playing in Vero Beach, FL!  Not in West Palm, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Boca Raton or even Tampa or Orlando!

It's going to play in Seattle, but nowhere closer.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2011, 02:02:13 PM »

Question for DR Elmoore:

I see their is a DVD release of Radio City Musical's Christmas Spectacular. Is any of your work appearing on this DVD?

No. So far as I know.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »

Congratulations on the election and break a leg with the show.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2011, 02:51:27 PM »

I'm rather PO'd that the film version of "The Importance of Being Earnest" with Brian Beford is only playing in Dallas. It's not even coming to Austin, much less San Antonio. Why?

I believe they are only allowed to show the movie in cities where three or more citizens have heard of Oscar Wilde.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2011, 02:59:42 PM »

I'm guessing it's the special nature of this being a filmed play...even if it is in HD.  It's also playing in Plano, though that probably doesn't help you at all.

Here's the Playbill write-up and schedule.

Maybe some video label will take a chance and issue it on Blu-ray disc.

Interesting choice of theaters in Washington State.

WASHINGTON

The Lincoln Theater (Mount Vernon, WA) – June 2, 12

Rose Theatre (Port Townsend, WA) – June 4, 11, 12, 18

SIFF Cinema (Seattle, WA) – June 2, 5, 12

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »

I did decide to do the laundry, and it's in the dryers. Now I'm working on a lot of obscure 19th Century singers and musicians. Who was Marie Wurm? Henri Merck? Corinne Lawson Moore? Clementine deVere-Sapio?

I don't know who they are, but I will wager that MBarnum has had lunch with them.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2011, 03:11:14 PM »

I did decide to do the laundry, and it's in the dryers. Now I'm working on a lot of obscure 19th Century singers and musicians. Who was Marie Wurm? Henri Merck? Corinne Lawson Moore? Clementine deVere-Sapio?

I don't know who they are, but I will wager that MBarnum has had lunch with them.

Only if they were male and had been 19th Century body builders or "physique culturists."

The SONDHEIM REVIEW surely has some dumbass writers. Don't the editors catch the inaccuracies or are they too buy reveling in the Glory of the Cult?

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2011, 03:12:03 PM »

Congratulations, JRand!! 

~~~Vibes for Much Leg Breakage!!~~~

;D

Ditto!
You can dream…or you can do.

MBarnum

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2011, 03:12:36 PM »

DR Laura, hadn't thought about the Charles Phoenix tour...must look into that!

I'm surprised you're not booking a tour of all the old folks homes and actors retirement centers. I've also heard a rumor you're now dating on ancestry.com that I hope you will confirm or deny.

I believe they closed the actors home.

No, it is still there. There was talk of closing the hospital that was associated with the actors home, but that has not happened, yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up