Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ARRANGEMENT  (Read 11678 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE ARRANGEMENT
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2011, 02:15:47 PM »

!!!! Page 4 Dance !!!!

I am an idiot!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:40:28 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2011, 02:20:29 PM »

Something in a supermarket tabloid false?  How could it be?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2011, 02:26:08 PM »

I came home to find a paypal "dispute" - one of our lovely customers said he always receives our CDs three days after he orders them.  Now, that is, of course, not possible, since he always preorders when I do the castrecl pre-announcement.  But he opens this dispute and says he hasn't received his item, which is - wait for it - CAMELOT, which, clearly stated on the Kritzerland site and in our announcements, doesn't ship officially until the second week of June.  We'll probably have them by the end of next week, a month early.  He also sent me an e-mail, so I responded in both places saying it was most unseemly to open a dispute when a) there has never been a problem before, b) before I even have a chance to respond to his e-mail, and c) when the item isn't supposed to ship for over a month.  I told him that if he didn't remove the dispute immediately, I would cancel his order and he could purchase it and any other CDs that he might want in the future elsewhere.

Maybe he was thinking of another CD that he should've gotten and just wasn't paying attention. 

Still, it's a stupid excuse to open a dispute without giving the seller a chance to respond.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2011, 02:36:25 PM »

Posts Deleted.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2011, 03:04:47 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »

I never delete my posts. I just keep them there for everyone to see.

MBarnum

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2011, 03:19:36 PM »

Borowitz made me laugh, DR Elmore.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »

I am SOOO excited to see Elton John tonight.   I remember first hearing his music wafting from my brother's room...he was a fanatic when he was in high school.  I remember pizza at Jake's when I was in jr. high with his music blaring on the juke box...and his songs have been around ever since.   For me, he's one of the artists in the soundtrack of my life. His concert is a greatest hits concert.  No opening act, 3 hours, no intermission....should be fun!

Have a great time, Cilla!!

DITTO!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2011, 03:33:02 PM »

It's so fantastic when something within my ken can amuse you, DR MBarnum!

My dentist just called. I told her yesterday that I thought I had a cavity, and she confirmed it. I have to go in tomorrow morning at 8:30 and have a very old filling redone.

Laura

« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2011, 03:38:50 PM »

Could it be false? Have I jumped the gun?

I'll remove my post, DR George, if you will remove yours. I can find no verification of this rumor I'm spreading. I still think she's gay.

Are you talking about me?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2011, 03:45:32 PM »

Concert vibes for DR CILLA LIZ.....I have only seen Sir Elton once......when he a Billy Joel were doing a tour together.....it was quite the show!
I saw  that same tour. It was great. Hope you enjoy it, Cillaliz.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2011, 03:48:15 PM »

MR BK - the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that your dream indicates that you plan on following your career path until you shuffle off this mortal coil, and that helping others reach career goals, particularly in music, is high on your list of priorities.

I'm sorry I forgot the name. But I'm glad the Dream-O-Matic came through with a most sage reading.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2011, 03:48:29 PM »

My dentist just called. I told her yesterday that I thought I had a cavity, and she confirmed it. I have to go in tomorrow morning at 8:30 and have a very old filling redone.

I'm sorry you are right but surprised she didn't confirm it yesterday.  At least you got in quickly & won't have to deal with rush hour on the way home.

John G.

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2011, 03:51:31 PM »

Speaking of reading, I signed up for a course in Culture of the Jazz Age. Readings by Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Zora Neale Hurston, Langston Hughes and more, plus a section on the blues. Sounded great. Got the reading list today. It's all the stuff we had to read in high school ("The Sun Also Rises," which I loathe, as well as "Great Gatsby" and "Their Eyes Were Watching God," which I love, though I've read them both multiple times). Then there was the unannounced "Sound and the Fury," which we apparently have only one week to read. I don't remember it being "Jazz Age."

But I think I need to get started asap.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm currently watching "Chuck's Day Off" on The Cooking Channel. He's making doughnuts... Ooohhh... Doughnuts....
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2011, 03:57:55 PM »

Wow, Perry King has certainly aged well!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »

I'll remove my post, DR George, if you will remove yours. I can find no verification of this rumor I'm spreading. I still think she's gay.

Maybe.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2011, 04:05:11 PM »

Wow, Perry King has certainly aged well!

Should we send Mr King a sympathy card and a discreet warning?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2011, 04:06:11 PM »

And just because this made me laugh....

Courtesy of Vanity Fair:

;D ;D ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2011, 04:12:25 PM »

Maybe.

LOL. DR Sandra and I apparently were the topic of discussion the one and only time she was in a bar.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2011, 04:16:03 PM »

"SEE MORE 'MEMBA THEM" - ??? ??? ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2011, 04:22:27 PM »

In other news...

The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck got off to a rousing start today. I got down there around 1:00, and Doug had just pulled into his spot. So, I helped put up the signs and get the truck ready for it's Official First Day of the Season. As soon as he opened the window, there were already six people in line - including a couple who were about to head to JFK to fly back to Seattle, but wanted to stop by the truck for some pre-flight soft-serve goodness. And the line just got longer and longer as the afternoon went on.

I cut out for a bit to head over to Chelsea Market, but when I got back around 4:30, the line was about 30 people deep. He had planned to stay open until 7:00, but he ended up closing a bit earlier since he was running out of cones and cups! Welcome back, Doug!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2011, 04:31:22 PM »

Courtesy of Vanity Fair:

;D ;D ;D

Why can I only find one photo from the front?  I have never seen the back of his head-lol.  The man would have to be brilliant to be elected president with that hair! 

MBarnum

« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2011, 04:44:31 PM »

DR Jose, "Memba Them" = "remember them". It is a fun website that has a ton of now pictures of 70s and 80s tv and movie personalities.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »

While I was at Chelsea Market, I checked out the James Beard Foundation "Pop-Up", JBF LTD. They've set up a cafe of sorts in one of the empty storefronts. There's lots of tables, a coffee stand, a food stands, free WiFi, plus areas for cooking demos and presentations. You can either get a bite to eat, or just sit down for a bit and check your email.

Gail Simmons ("Top Chef", "Top Chef Desserts") and Mitchell Davis from the Beard Foundation, talked for about 45 minutes, and then took questions from the crowd. It was a fun Q&A. The focus was on the effect of TV and social media on the world of cooking, but she did talk quite about her different roles on "Top Chef" as a judge and on "Top Chef: Desserts" as a judge.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2011, 04:48:19 PM »

Courtesy of Vanity Fair:

;D ;D ;D

Why can I only find one photo from the front?  I have never seen the back of his head-lol.  The man would have to be brilliant to be elected president with that hair! 

Did you click through the slide-show? There a are a couple from the front.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2011, 04:49:18 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Have a great time with Sir Elton John!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2011, 04:52:21 PM »

DR JMK - Here's a basic TIMELINE of the events from the New York Times (scroll down).

They left out Kynt and Viksyn being eliminated on THE AMAZING RACE

Good one, Mr. Mayor! ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2011, 04:56:58 PM »

Courtesy of Vanity Fair:

;D ;D ;D

Did you click through the slide-show? There a are a couple from the front.

The slide show was with a bunch of other people so I stopped sliding.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2011, 05:06:47 PM »

As to the Tony noms, the other shut out would have been Baby, It's You if this season had any other musical with a decent starring role in a musical (other than the three who were nominated) - Beth, who is wonderful, was assured that nomination no matter what.

And since there were less than 7 possible nominees this season, that's why there is only 4 nominees instead of 5 in the Leading Actress in a Musical category.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up